onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman,are you watching.

johntt

Well Norman your drive to increase season ticket sales for next year has really been helped by your recent quote that players will not be offered new contracts until after the end of the season. Most supporters who have any common sense will wait to see which players are left before spending hard earned cash to watch the players who haven't already managed to get fixed up plus the untried youngsters who already have contracts.

The decent players will already have their agents searching for lucrative deals with new clubs so they have security for themselves and their families.

If you pay peanuts you get monkeys so O Connor Pope Neal and Marshall must be offered terms now. I am sure that the supporters will then see that we have the nucleus of a decent side and start looking forward to committing to next season.

I would rather have a smaller squad of decent players than untried youngsters and a handful of players already on contracts for next year.

You must realise that a lot of the problems this year were caused by waiting until the last minute to sign players and gambling on players who were left with no offers from their own clubs. I am sure Rob Page has a wish list already that needs chasing so that we can bring in better players than the existing squad if you want to improve things.

Advert

Well Norman your drive to increase season ticket sales for next year has really been helped by your recent quote that players will not be offered new contracts until after the end of the season. Most supporters who have any common sense will wait to see which players are left before spending hard earned cash to watch the players who haven't already managed to get fixed up plus the untried youngsters who already have contracts.

The decent players will already have their agents searching for lucrative deals with new clubs so they have security for themselves and their families.

If you pay peanuts you get monkeys so O Connor Pope Neal and Marshall must be offered terms now. I am sure that the supporters will then see that we have the nucleus of a decent side and start looking forward to committing to next season.

I would rather have a smaller squad of decent players than untried youngsters and a handful of players already on contracts for next year.

You must realise that a lot of the problems this year were caused by waiting until the last minute to sign players and gambling on players who were left with no offers from their own clubs. I am sure Rob Page has a wish list already that needs chasing so that we can bring in better players than the existing squad if you want to improve things.

If you continue to think in a box you will be restricted by the height of its lid

Neal has a 2 year deal or did you not know that

OConnor if he leaves will not be down to finance

Marshall will look at his options at the end of season

Tom will be offered a contract

Beyond that we have a great opportunity to obtain what the Club needs to get the job done

Or if you prefer I will copy the last 10 years or so of thinking in a small box

Another option would be for people to get their season ticket early (at cheaper price,plus free programme and money off shirt voucher)This would get money into the club earlier so that the Norman has a better idea of how to set the budget and how much he can offer players.

If you continue to think in a box you will be restricted by the height of its lid

Beyond that we have a great opportunity to obtain what the Club needs to get the job done

It would have been so different if Pope had not been injured. We could have sold Pope and bought three players that could strengthen the defence and midfield. We have missed our chance of selling Pope and I would think he would easily now get offered better terms elsewhere...you are damned if you do damned if you don't Smurf if Pope goes...you wont win in that situation

Top banana Smurfster

I remember Mr. Foyle snapping players up nice and early and what a pile they were, Keith Lowe,Paul Edwards,Craig Rocastle and let's not forget Shane Tudor.

You take your time Norm and find some good honest souls and not some plastic fairground blingers

Brilliant smurf as per

I wouldn't bother responding to any idiot who states "...most supporters who have any common sense will wait..." because nobody has an idea what most supporters will do! We have the nucleus of a very good squad, now, and I'm sure you and RP will be working on how to improve this, and which players we need to keep hold of? Keep up the good work, Smurf!

It would have been so different if Pope had not been injured. We could have sold Pope and bought three players that could strengthen the defence and midfield. We have missed our chance of selling Pope and I would think he would easily now get offered better terms elsewhere...you are damned if you do damned if you don't Smurf if Pope goes...you wont win in that situation

Yeah look at last year Adams wasn't offered a contract until the last minute so the out of contract players had to wait until they knew who the Manager was. Signings left late so all the decent players were fixed up(will be the same this year) .Page will want to keep all his favourites. Seems like panic management to me.

Yeah look at last year Adams wasn't offered a contract until the last minute so the out of contract players had to wait until they knew who the Manager was. Signings left late so all the decent players were fixed up(will be the same this year) .Page will want to keep all his favourites. Seems like panic management to me.

And here's me thinking MA was shopping elsewhere to further his managerial career i.e. looking to climb the ladder to the Blackpool job. Was I wrong in thinking this?

I reckon we've been waiting to hear that from a chairman for a very long time, much longer than ten years anyway

I remember Mr. Foyle snapping players up nice and early and what a pile they were, Keith Lowe,Paul Edwards,Craig Rocastle and let's not forget Shane Tudor.

You take your time Norm and find some good honest souls and not some plastic fairground blingers

On the whole Martin Foyle did a very good job as Vale manager. He made some great signings on a budget, Constantine, Sodje, Danny Sonner to name a few. However, that pre-season killed him. He couldn't have brought in a worse crop of players.

Archived