onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman,are you watching.

johntt

Good Evening Valiants

I have read this post and reply as follows

I asked Deano to assist Rob from the time Micky left

I am not privy to his past and judge people by how I find,he was initially reluctant but has tried to do his role without taking up position in the Technical area.

In case you have not grasped the situation we have several high earners who had no desire to go out on loan so restricted our options re Squad changes

I was initially very optimistic at the beginning of the season hence looking to invest more re Squad( or thought I was investing)

My position now is to get us safe and see what options if any re remainder of season

I cannot wait until May to remove several of our Squad and review all aspects of the Football side

I have to say some of you have short memories

3 years ago in Admin

3 season's in League 2

Last season l gave an honest assessment of our Play Off chances and was accused of having no ambition

Rob is a great guy and will become a great Manager but is having to work with Micky's selection

I wish to build a Club which works within our gate budget provides entertaining and competitive football and both you and l take pride in

We have challenges but several other Clubs have more

I do learn from this site removing the emotion and some stupid posts

I do not see this as a business but a responsibility to a long and proud heritage which glues Burslem together

I really hope this isn't Smurf.

Why would he bring in Glover? Surely the manager should pick his own staff- not a chairman with limited football knowledge, taking a cheap option who'll undermine the manager. If it is Smurf then a viable interpretation of the situation could be a chairman playing championship manager, using an inexperienced manager as a yes man, which is insane

Advert

Have to say Smurf having an owner like you, who actually takes the time and effort to attempt to give fans(even the emotional and stupid ones!) your view on matters is so refreshing. It's a massive pity you have to explain yourself all the time having rescued us and put us firmly back on the long road to success.

You will no doubt be slated by a few on here for being forthright but from the Valiant brigade of long standing, suffering fan base I appreciate what you are trying to do to our club.

Whether we are believers in Rob Page or some of the squad is irrelevant at this stage. We need to stand together and show that we are in it for the long term and I for one am happy you have confirmed that it's your desire to see us succeed and that you have the appetite for perhaps a longer than anticipated reign as our owner.

You have made a comment about ridding us of several of the squad in May and that there are some "high earners" who refused to go out on loan so I again feel that you are firmly on the pulse of matters and can have the foresight of what you think would be our best squad for a push next season and further seasons hence. What may concern some(including the squad!) is that those players will surely know by now who you mean? Hopefully Page has been privy to your thoughts too and has put his sixpennyworth into discussions with you? From a fans perspective we are seeing regular below par performances from several of the squad who appear immune to being dropped and discarded from the squad.

It remains therefore a real concern for fans that perhaps you are talking about different members of the squad than those we honestly think are those you and Rob should be including in your comments. It is therefore worrying that if you are indeed talking about the same ones as the fans are then why, oh why are they still being considered for 1st team action?

Please keep up all of the good, honest work you are doing and we will all be able to say next season that we are a Vale family with similar aspirations for our great club's future.:smurf:

Good Evening Valiants

I have read this post and reply as follows

I asked Deano to assist Rob from the time Micky left

I am not privy to his past and judge people by how I find,he was initially reluctant but has tried to do his role without taking up position in the Technical area.

In case you have not grasped the situation we have several high earners who had no desire to go out on loan so restricted our options re Squad changes

I was initially very optimistic at the beginning of the season hence looking to invest more re Squad( or thought I was investing)

My position now is to get us safe and see what options if any re remainder of season

I cannot wait until May to remove several of our Squad and review all aspects of the Football side

I have to say some of you have short memories

3 years ago in Admin

3 season's in League 2

Last season l gave an honest assessment of our Play Off chances and was accused of having no ambition

Rob is a great guy and will become a great Manager but is having to work with Micky's selection

I wish to build a Club which works within our gate budget provides entertaining and competitive football and both you and l take pride in

We have challenges but several other Clubs have more

I do learn from this site removing the emotion and some stupid posts

I do not see this as a business but a responsibility to a long and proud heritage which glues Burslem together

I am with you Norm! We have been through 15 years of decline and this has created a lot of negativity around the club. Fans should now appreciate our current position!!! Keep up the hard work, and gradual improvements!

I really hope this isn't Smurf.

Why would he bring in Glover? Surely the manager should pick his own staff- not a chairman with limited football knowledge, taking a cheap option who'll undermine the manager. If it is Smurf then a viable interpretation of the situation could be a chairman playing championship manager, using an inexperienced manager as a yes man, which is insane

Sorry to depress you

Check with Carpetman l see him most Saturdays in the Valiant Suite with his son

And sadly there is never a cheap option at Vale

I have to agree with Yukon on the fact that the manager should be choosing his coaching staff, but anyway...

Having a player clearout sounds great, but it all becomes pointless if the replacements aren't up to scratch. Proven quality costs money, so we're in to unproven young talent. Talent such as Riess Greenidge, who was thought to be a probable to push for the 1st team, but once you get him here to have a good look you find he's not up to scratch. That's football, but when those little gamble signings become signings for the 1st team, then it really is one big gamble. It's surely all about getting the balance right between experience & youth??

Set a budget and let the manager ( whoever you trust with your money ) distribute that budget throughout his squad as he sees necessary.

Im pleased Smurf is learning to remove the emotion when reading some of the dross posted on social media.

He will never please all the people all the time, me included.

However the fact remains he has pumped more money into the club than any previous owner or collection of owners.

Im pleased Smurf is learning to remove the emotion when reading some of the dross posted on social media.

He will never please all the people all the time, me included.

However the fact remains he has pumped more money into the club than any previous owner or collection of owners.

And unfortunately he isnt getting a return football related on his outlay.

I've said before Rob Page is having to work with players that have been used to playing 'Alehouse ' football.The time to judge him is next season when he has had a clear out,which Adams should have done.New style of play implemented with the right type of players and coaches,then moan if it's not working.Smurf backed Adams ,then the ****er walked away.He and RP have had their hands tied with players under contract which will,except for a few,will not be the case in the summer.Not pretty at the moment but safety is the target which I think we would all have taken after the dreadful start we had.I personally think we would have gone down under Adams.

I've said before Rob Page is having to work with players that have been used to playing 'Alehouse ' football.The time to judge him is next season when he has had a clear out,which Adams should have done.New style of play implemented with the right type of players and coaches,then moan if it's not working.Smurf backed Adams ,then the ****er walked away.He and RP have had their hands tied with players under contract which will,except for a few,will not be the case in the summer.Not pretty at the moment but safety is the target which I think we would all have taken after the dreadful start we had.I personally think we would have gone down under Adams.

If we had stayed in the same frame of mind that Adams seemed to have created then I agree about us being relegation fodder had he not have gone. That is not a slant at Adams as I have total respect for the man who did stay and steer us through one of our darkest times in history.

Sorry to depress you

Check with Carpetman l see him most Saturdays in the Valiant Suite with his son

And sadly there is never a cheap option at Vale

I've always stuck up for Smurf but the Glover thing is ridiculous.

Let's just hope Rob Page has a Kevlar vest to keep the knife out of his back, Lee Sinnot still has the scars.

If we let the likes of Marshall, Pope & O'Connor leave, with Glover's tactically inept brand of drossball we will get relegated

I've realised that Vale fans have a habit of looking backwards.....

If Adams had stayed.

If Bratt was still here.

We were in admin 3 years ago.

Remember when you had to stand in **** in the Railway bogs.

The key point is the future and that has to come from those at the top, namely Smurf, Lodey and Page.

I've always stuck up for Smurf but the Glover thing is ridiculous.

Let's just hope Rob Page has a Kevlar vest to keep the knife out of his back, Lee Sinnot still has the scars.

If we let the likes of Marshall, Pope & O'Connor leave, with Glover's tactically inept brand of drossball we will get relegated

I really think you should take a chill pill

Deano is not involved with Team selection or Player contracts and will be returning to The Academy at end of May

Smurf

You've given us a load of negatives but what do you see as the positives for the remainder of this season and, more importantly, next?

With all the upheaval this Season I am confident that long term we will secure a nucleus of Players and Staff who will help us build the Squad that gets us up another Division but within and earned revenues and l will invest the shortfall to get us there as l thought l was doing this Season

All I would ask any fan to do is look at Bournemouth's record over the last ten years. They've been right to the bottom, in admin and look where they are now. This included spending 4 seasons in L1. The common factor is a chairman supportive of one manager (I know Howe briefly left them).

If fans continually demand quick results then you're going to end up disappointed and want the chairman/manager/a player out. I really do hate what has happened with football and this attitude of impatience and I think it has stemmed from the insane gambling of clubs to get into the top flight. Ultimately for smaller clubs this will always end in failure perhaps complete extinction for just a season or two of notoreity.

Page can coach ... can be he be the boss? Well lets thats what we are finding out now and will continue to find out for the next season or so.

Archived