onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman,are you watching.

johntt

People please stop moaning!!!!!!! Mid table is actually a good finish for a club our size. We don't have a lot of money to throw around, we don't have a huge fan base! Orient gillingham Barnsley and even clubs in league two are bigger than us yet were above them. We've won a good proportion of our home games, and the poor shows have been fairly rare. Let's change the mood and be positive!!!!!!

I agree with some of what you say but if Orient and Gillingham are bigger clubs than Vale it's time to give up imho!:huh:

I'm not saying they don't have more money/better budgets than us(I honestly don't know on that?) but fanbase and history wise we've at least matched them!

Advert

I have to echo all the negative comments that are flying around re our recent performances.They are dire,if it wasn't for the fact I have a season ticket I would not be attending.

However on o positive note Norman reduce the entrance fee for the Fleetwood game to a tenner.Advertise it now and put them on sale immediately.

Who knows we could need this support to stave off relegation.

Massive PR exercise.

Wow a realistic Vale fan you are a rare breed prepare to be slaughtered on here by all the saddo dreamers

SMURF - Please ignore all of the Page haters on here. When assessing his performance as Manager (in his first and only spell let's not forget) you simply need to look at one stat, where we were when he took over, and where we are now. This is not his squad, and they were not playing the way he desired. Let's not kid ourselves, the squad isn't top 6 standard. The job he has done so far is fantastic.

Some fans are frustrated with his style in home games (despite the fact that our home form since he started is brilliant). The same fans moan about our defensive frailties. Page can't win with some people. He plays one up front and packs the midfield, he's negative, he changes it at half time goes with 2 up front and people moan we're getting caught out in midfield. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course, but some of the opinions on here and in the stands are from people with zero knowledge of football management.

Page needs time, he needs his own staff, his own squad. Until then, judge him on results. Obviously the season isn't over yet so we can't say we're going to stay up with complete certainty. The only certainty in football is that form will change. Two weeks ago we were 90 minutes away from going fifth. 3 games later we've got fans wanting Page's head.

NS can't afford to lose any of the base support we have and that seems to be starting to happen.

RP is not new to the club or players he's been there a few years, it's not good enough at the moment, if the results are not coming then at least you need to see what's he's trying to do and something in the way of a performance eg controlling some games.

I'm not having this grew glover stuff,he's his own man, he will be in place till the season ends and there is no reason for him not to be at the moment, but for me now he's not showing enough ability to suggest he will be a good manager for us.There is nothing stopping him changing people's opinion of him by sorting it out.

SMURF - Please ignore all of the Page haters on here. When assessing his performance as Manager (in his first and only spell let's not forget) you simply need to look at one stat, where we were when he took over, and where we are now. This is not his squad, and they were not playing the way he desired. Let's not kid ourselves, the squad isn't top 6 standard. The job he has done so far is fantastic.

Some fans are frustrated with his style in home games (despite the fact that our home form since he started is brilliant). The same fans moan about our defensive frailties. Page can't win with some people. He plays one up front and packs the midfield, he's negative, he changes it at half time goes with 2 up front and people moan we're getting caught out in midfield. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course, but some of the opinions on here and in the stands are from people with zero knowledge of football management.

Page needs time, he needs his own staff, his own squad. Until then, judge him on results. Obviously the season isn't over yet so we can't say we're going to stay up with complete certainty. The only certainty in football is that form will change. Two weeks ago we were 90 minutes away from going fifth. 3 games later we've got fans wanting Page's head.

A man that insists on playing the likes of Yates, Dodds & Birchall over new players which Smurf has funded. No Thanks.

So you value the footballing decisions of a man who has been chairman for 2 years (no disrespect Smurf) over a man who has played, coached and now managed for 25+ years? Page's decisions have taken us from 2nd bottom to mid table, even with those players you list. One way I judge a manager is their ability to change a game with their decisions. I feel more confident that Page can do that than I have with any other Vale manager for a long time. Saturday being an example of that.

Some fans expectations of this squad are laughable.

So you value the footballing decisions of a man who has been chairman for 2 years (no disrespect Smurf) over a man who has played, coached and now managed for 25+ years? Page's decisions have taken us from 2nd bottom to mid table, even with those players you list. One way I judge a manager is their ability to change a game with their decisions. I feel more confident that Page can do that than I have with any other Vale manager for a long time. Saturday being an example of that.

Some fans expectations of this squad are laughable.

Wow. Congratulations on taking delusion to a whole new level.

^^So,when you look at it, Adams first 4 games and we're looking good, 2 wins and 2 draws / 11 goals For, 5 Against.

Then the slip at home to Notts County, followed by a cup defeat by Cardiff and the Gary Roberts Chesterfield show.... Adams is on the slide with a tough trip and loss at Peterborough. We look to the Crewe game to turn it around ( sounds familiar ) a poor showing ensures defeat ( sounds familiar ). Bristol City at home becomes a pressure game - a 3-0 loss and Micky's gone.

Would a Page team have faired much different than above?

1) Im undecided on Pagey one minute I think he is a breath of fresh air, honest, forthright, a far better interviewer who is trying to get us playing patient football. The next he drops tactical and game management clangers that leave me bemused and also, like Adams his mentor he seems to have favourites.

2) Norman cannot do right for doing wrong. If you want success you have to pay for it. Unfortuateley players and agents have an over inflated opinion of their worth, for that thank the premier league. Yet as alleged supporters some dont put their hand in their pockets for season tickets even when payment scheme offers are given. So instead you expect quality players either funded and bankrupting a man who saved us, or on a shoe string, really are you all that thick?

3) We are a small club with premier league neighbours down the road so kids have a choice come and watch league one nobodiess or go watch the likes of Hazard, Fabregas, Gerrard etc.

4) Unless a billionaire wants to come in and buy the club off Norman and start throwing stupid money away ( and that doesnt guarantee success, look at Orient). We are where we are we have to like it or lump it.

I'd just like a squad of players whohave the same pride in the shirt that I have and want to try and entertain us. Unfortunatelythis is rare nowadays. Thanks Norman I will always try and renew my season ticket and believe me the last couple of years ive had to rely on birthday and christmas money to fund it. Yet I believe you will get there. Dont listen to the morons I dont believe half of them are Vale fans anyway.

^^So,when you look at it, Adams first 4 games and we're looking good, 2 wins and 2 draws / 11 goals For, 5 Against.

Then the slip at home to Notts County, followed by a cup defeat by Cardiff and the Gary Roberts Chesterfield show.... Adams is on the slide with a tough trip and loss at Peterborough. We look to the Crewe game to turn it around ( sounds familiar ) a poor showing ensures defeat ( sounds familiar ). Bristol City at home becomes a pressure game - a 3-0 loss and Micky's gone.

Would a Page team have faired much different than above?

Is the team that Adams out out a Page team though? For that matter is the one he has now one either?

I'm not being argumentative, just playing devil's advocate

1) Im undecided on Pagey one minute I think he is a breath of fresh air, honest, forthright, a far better interviewer who is trying to get us playing patient football. The next he drops tactical and game management clangers that leave me bemused and also, like Adams his mentor he seems to have favourites.

2) Norman cannot do right for doing wrong. If you want success you have to pay for it. Unfortuateley players and agents have an over inflated opinion of their worth, for that thank the premier league. Yet as alleged supporters some dont put their hand in their pockets for season tickets even when payment scheme offers are given. So instead you expect quality players either funded and bankrupting a man who saved us, or on a shoe string, really are you all that thick?

3) We are a small club with premier league neighbours down the road so kids have a choice come and watch league one nobodiess or go watch the likes of Hazard, Fabregas, Gerrard etc.

4) Unless a billionaire wants to come in and buy the club off Norman and start throwing stupid money away ( and that doesnt guarantee success, look at Orient). We are where we are we have to like it or lump it.

I'd just like a squad of players whohave the same pride in the shirt that I have and want to try and entertain us. Unfortunatelythis is rare nowadays. Thanks Norman I will always try and renew my season ticket and believe me the last couple of years ive had to rely on birthday and christmas money to fund it. Yet I believe you will get there. Dont listen to the morons I dont believe half of them are Vale fans anyway.

That's an excellent, balanced and well considered post.

For the record, I've already renewed my season ticket because I've bought into Smurf's vision for the club.

Is the team that Adams out out a Page team though? For that matter is the one he has now one either?

I'm not being argumentative, just playing devil's advocate

No, not at all. Apart from loans of Zubar & Streete and Ngueesan and the youngsters Nimely,Greenidge,Panayioutou,O'Sullivan, Luer - with Jennings, Slew departing.

This is the thing, nothing has changed in the defence. It's ropey to say the least and it has been since the season start. I remember the last Adams match against Bristol City well, almost like a recurring nightmare. Duffy going to jelly, falling over the ball with no one around him, Mcgivern looking like a man plucked out of the stands gifting them a goal.

Vesali has improved since moving to the centre, but then we see this Sat he's thrown back over to full back and fluffy Duffy comes back in at centre.......... We know this won't work so why do it, we're going around in circles

Archived