onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tues 10th Feb 2015, Bristol C v Port Vale, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

Page wasn't happy with last nights defending and is contemplating changes....:rolleyes:

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Bristol-City-3-Port-Vale-1-Boss-Rob-Page/story-26004037-detail/story.html

Page will probably drop Veselie and play Yates at full back along with Mcgivern as a back 5. With a 5 man midfield, no striker and hope to nick a goal giving us a 2-1 loss. makes as much sense as some of his team selections. Also he can claim it was a close game and we should have won.

Advert

They were better all over the park, as you would expect with a team who have been top or thereabouts all season. They will go up.

Their keeper made a cracking save at 1-0, and their second seemed to be deflected. Neal kept us in it at times and kept the score down when it was 3-0. Neal and Marshall men of the match, as Marshy never gave up and got the goal. Birchall and Brown were extremely poor (not sure Brown at his age was the man for the job), and Lines' body language disappoints me. He'll be off come the summer, so might O'Connor who nearly got yet another booking tonight. Campion behing Pope never looked like working, and Dicko veered between Ok and Oh-no.

Anyway, some good news. The Premier League is now worth £5000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000, as King of Smarm Richard Scudamore told me on the car radio on the way to Bristol. That should keep things nice and even in English football.

As he told Radio 5 Live this morning, he's "not running a charity" smarmy understatement of the year award?

P

They were better all over the park, as you would expect with a team who have been top or thereabouts all season. They will go up.

Their keeper made a cracking save at 1-0, and their second seemed to be deflected. Neal kept us in it at times and kept the score down when it was 3-0. Neal and Marshall men of the match, as Marshy never gave up and got the goal. Birchall and Brown were extremely poor (not sure Brown at his age was the man for the job), and Lines' body language disappoints me. He'll be off come the summer, so might O'Connor who nearly got yet another booking tonight. Campion behing Pope never looked like working, and Dicko veered between Ok and Oh-no.

Anyway, some good news. The Premier League is now worth £5000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000, as King of Smarm Richard Scudamore told me on the car radio on the way to Bristol. That should keep things nice and even in English football.

Reasonable summary but thought Neal was dodgy last night, fluffed at a cross which they should have scored from, should have saved the first goal and looked a bit flat footed for the second. Campion alongside Pope doesn't look like it will work, too similar style players, we need some pace as well. Although the defence wasn't good last night I felt the midfield was the problem, Brown couldn't win a tackle, O'connor didn't want to know if he didn't have the ball at his feet and every time Birchall had the ball the play broke down. Marshall was the only player who put a full shift last night. Once again Page has signed players to warm up the bench, what is the point?

Mr Duffy, i take my hat off to you. Another masterclass from the man who must surely have the most assists in the Vale side. I daren't look at the goals from last night but i understand it was another precision through ball to their man from you once again. Who did you manage to point the finger at for that one?

Your partner in crime Robertson i'm sure came out of the match smelling of roses once again. Backing off a runner for the goal? Switching off? Going through the motions? Chris, you clearly have a high opinion of yourself to refuse to go out on loan to league two clubs. Let me tell you, you are lucky if that is your level. I would rather big Clayton McDonald than you.

Page, i actually think you're a good Manager and i understand your defensive targets all fell through last minute and so benefit of the doubt should be given. You are going to have to sort something out with central defence though because if we stick with these two clowns we will be in serious trouble. How many chances do they need to be given?

Yates - Veseli - Robbo - McGivern ... Surely that's worth a go!

Please stop calling him Robbo as though he is some kind of star player for us. He stalled in signing for us in the first place, is one of our highest wage earners, refuses to go out on loan even though he isn't wanted, and is consistently at fault for goals. Why on earth would you pick him in your preferred 11?

Please stop calling him Robbo as though he is some kind of star player for us. He stalled in signing for us in the first place' date=' is one of our highest wage earners, refuses to go out on loan even though he isn't wanted, and is consistently at fault for goals. Why on earth would you pick him in your preferred 11?[/quote']

Because he's our only 'big' defender. He's not great I agree but to leave him out at the moment with our lightweight defence wouldn't be the best idea.

Mr Duffy, i take my hat off to you. Another masterclass from the man who must surely have the most assists in the Vale side. I daren't look at the goals from last night but i understand it was another precision through ball to their man from you once again. Who did you manage to point the finger at for that one?

Your partner in crime Robertson i'm sure came out of the match smelling of roses once again. Backing off a runner for the goal? Switching off? Going through the motions? Chris, you clearly have a high opinion of yourself to refuse to go out on loan to league two clubs. Let me tell you, you are lucky if that is your level. I would rather big Clayton McDonald than you.

Page, i actually think you're a good Manager and i understand your defensive targets all fell through last minute and so benefit of the doubt should be given. You are going to have to sort something out with central defence though because if we stick with these two clowns we will be in serious trouble. How many chances do they need to be given?

This is an excellent post. Sums up my opinions of our defense. Only, I think even big Clayton would get murdered in League 1.

As Boomer's Vet said a week or so back, Michael Walsh was the last Vale centre half to instill confidence.

My apologies to Freddie. I've just seen it on a 42 inch HD screen rather than from 100 yards away and the honour for giving away the third goal does indeed go to Richard Duffy.

Them poor kids at school when you gave the wrong one the stick.:laugh:

Archived