onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tues 10th Feb 2015, Bristol C v Port Vale, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

We all laugh at Crewe giving them we are bigger than you line.....I'll say one thing they identified their weakness' and have acted on them,we on the other hand have ignored our poor defence and buried our heads in the sand.

This attitude may come back and haunt us.

Advert

I have to be honest and say I've really lost patience now. For me the likes of Duffy, Dickinson, Birchall and probably even Lines and Brown can go now. We need an injection of need ideas as the team looks totally sterile, and has no pace or purpose. I can't comment on tonight as I'd have needed a six-figure sum to tempt me to go there after Saturday, but the management seriously need to buck their ideas up and fast. It's quite obvious we can't defend, and we all know a goal will come eventually as 2 clean sheets in 35 tells it own story, so why the Hell set the team up so negatively and get a stranglehold on the game??? How many times this season have we gone in at the break a goal behind?? We must be in double figures, in fact it wouldn't surprise if it wasn't close to half our games. We will never get anywhere near to the play-offs with that approach.

I agree.

Interesting to read the Bristol side of the game .Steve Cotterill believes the game was one" after the lord mayors show",following the MK Dons game.He also stated they were comfortable and could have won by 6 goals!!!Oh dear!!!

That's rubbish. You could equally say we could have won by 6 goals if all our efforts had gone in and none of their's had.

They were better all over the park, as you would expect with a team who have been top or thereabouts all season. They will go up.

Their keeper made a cracking save at 1-0, and their second seemed to be deflected. Neal kept us in it at times and kept the score down when it was 3-0. Neal and Marshall men of the match, as Marshy never gave up and got the goal. Birchall and Brown were extremely poor (not sure Brown at his age was the man for the job), and Lines' body language disappoints me. He'll be off come the summer, so might O'Connor who nearly got yet another booking tonight. Campion behing Pope never looked like working, and Dicko veered between Ok and Oh-no.

Anyway, some good news. The Premier League is now worth £5000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000, as King of Smarm Richard Scudamore told me on the car radio on the way to Bristol. That should keep things nice and even in English football.

Played well last night, unlucky to go in 1 down at ht. though it was a good goal and Neal had no chance.

Moore did well when he came on and Luer looks very promising, at least we kept going right to the end, probably our best away performance since Donny and the result flattered grizzle a bit.

Thanks a bit of reality to this thread,When your on top the luck seems to fall your way, never mind lads another game sat.Same effort may give us a result against Wallsal

The reality is though that they've probably raised their game a little because the pressure was off and they knew they could get away with losing.

We haven't played well for months now so this run was glaringly obvious.

I don't know what the answer is. Two managers have had this sloppy response so it seems to run deeper

They were better all over the park, as you would expect with a team who have been top or thereabouts all season. They will go up.

Their keeper made a cracking save at 1-0, and their second seemed to be deflected. Neal kept us in it at times and kept the score down when it was 3-0. Neal and Marshall men of the match, as Marshy never gave up and got the goal. Birchall and Brown were extremely poor (not sure Brown at his age was the man for the job), and Lines' body language disappoints me. He'll be off come the summer, so might O'Connor who nearly got yet another booking tonight. Campion behing Pope never looked like working, and Dicko veered between Ok and Oh-no.

Anyway, some good news. The Premier League is now worth £5000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000, as King of Smarm Richard Scudamore told me on the car radio on the way to Bristol. That should keep things nice and even in English football.

Accurate summary although 'if only' we could defend we could have sneaked it. Just another game that highlights to me our defence is in need of major surgery in the Summer - two new full backs and one centre half are a bare minimum.

Still onwards and upwards we need to get 50 points as soon as possible as we can all then relax as there's no chance of the playoffs.

As for Scudamore, what planet is he from? All that money will end up in foreign players and agents pockets. None will filter down to the lower leagues whilst the England team will continue to struggle. Still if you want to watch 22 millionaires have a kick around it's great.

Archived