Tues 10th Feb 2015, Bristol C v Port Vale, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

It would be a lot better if fans were capable of judging a player by his football ability rather than by his looks. Birchall does look overweight to me but he has the ability to be in the right place at the right time, note the penalty against Bradford and the headed chance early against Bristol. Incidentally it is not a mortal sin to miss a chance to score, all good players do, even Messi. It may be considered bad practice not to attempt to score when the opportunity arises.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would be a lot better if fans were capable of judging a player by his football ability rather than by his looks. Birchall does look overweight to me but he has the ability to be in the right place at the right time, note the penalty against Bradford and the headed chance early against Bristol. Incidentally it is not a mortal sin to miss a chance to score, all good players do, even Messi. It may be considered bad practice not to attempt to score when the opportunity arises.

With that analogy is it also not a 'mortal sin' to give goals away? Duffy etc - consider yourselves absolved.

The reality is though that they've probably raised their game a little because the pressure was off and they knew they could get away with losing.

We haven't played well for months now so this run was glaringly obvious.

I don't know what the answer is. Two managers have had this sloppy response so it seems to run deeper

mostly same players though lady.

I've judged birchall as a player. He is ****.

I don't know what's worse, the fact your defending Birchall or putting Messi in the same post as him. He really is a useless shower of *****. I went to Bristol last night and I truly believe that if we would of started Byron Moore instead of him we may of got something.

IMO Birchall was the worst player on the pitch, missed a good chance early doors then continued to give the ball away, had a one on one but fell over then asked why no foul? Embarrassing really. Looks overweight, touch like a lead balloon and poor distribution, puts the effort in but just ain't good enough.

Spot on. That fall over he did was embarrassing.

I don't know what's worse, the fact your defending Birchall or putting Messi in the same post as him. He really is a useless shower of *****. I went to Bristol last night and I truly believe that if we would of started Byron Moore instead of him we may of got something.

That's the manager's fault. RP can't pick a proper side to save his life.

Archived