onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Campion / Williamson issue

smithie

Advert

Personally, just my opinion, I think we will see more of Campion once he signs in Jan. there could be some truth in the theory of not wanting to play him much in case he started banging in goals then someone else snaps him up.

The idea of not playing someone in case he scores goals sounds truly bizarre!!

I trust Page's judgement, I have never seen Campion playing and neither have those who say he should be playing Page has said that Williamson does alot of work for the team pulling players out of position if the manager is happy then so am I, also on reputation Nimely is in front of the pecking order before Campion

The idea of not playing someone in case he scores goals sounds truly bizarre!!

It does sound a bit daft, the theory I was referring to had been mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago, and if other clubs were sniffing around then I can see the point in holding him back until he is officially our player.

It's nothing to do with his name. It's the fact that he scores for fun in the reserves and deserves a chance over Williamson.

Williamson would score bucket loads for the reserves. So what? That's not to say that the French guy has had a fair crack of the whip yet in regards to showing what he can and can't do, but at the end of the day the manager see's him every day in training and obviously hasn't been impressed enough to start him from what he's seen.

Williamson would score bucket loads for the reserves. So what? That's not to say that the French guy has had a fair crack of the whip yet in regards to showing what he can and can't do, but at the end of the day the manager see's him every day in training and obviously hasn't been impressed enough to start him from what he's seen.

I honestly don't think Williamson would. The weakest area of his game is putting the ball in the net.

No not in the league he isn't... He's scored 4 in 22 in the league. That is not good at all. Constantine scored for fun and Pope would be on triple what Williamson is now.

So Pope's 2 against Hartlepool don't count, nor Pope's 2 in the JPT, nor Brown's in the cup or the league cup. So, doesn't that still leave Willo as leading scorer in the league? That's scary.

He hasn't made 22 starts. It's like saying Campion hasn't scored in two appearances, which would be ridiculous. N'Guessan has scored 1 in quite a few league games. Probably a lower percentage.

By all means give Campion a go. Most players on the bench don't have bad games. I'd leave things alone on Saturday and try to build a team.

So Pope's 2 against Hartlepool don't count, nor Pope's 2 in the JPT, nor Brown's in the cup or the league cup. So, doesn't that still leave Willo as leading scorer in the league? That's scary.

He hasn't made 22 starts. It's like saying Campion hasn't scored in two appearances, which would be ridiculous. N'Guessan has scored 1 in quite a few league games. Probably a lower percentage.

By all means give Campion a go. Most players on the bench don't have bad games. I'd leave things alone on Saturday and try to build a team.

Nguessan has played the majority of his time out wide. Williamson has had a lot of time on the pitch this season and dosent score anywhere near enough goals. I wouldnt mind if the rest of his game excellent, but it isnt. When williamson starts he plays 90, when hes on the bench he gets 30. Hes played a lot of football this season and his goals scoring record is poor and always has been.

Strikers goal total in the league:

Pope 5

Williamson 4

N'Guessan 2

Dodds 1

Slew 2. Total 12.

6 Midfielders have also scored 12.

There is obviously a shortage of goals from club 'strikers'

Who will play and who will be dropped when Tom Pope returns to fitness?

I think Pegey has had too much sherry in his Christmas trifle. If Ben is on top form goodness knows how he will be on a barren run!

The other day Page was waxing lyrical about N'Guessan despite the fact that he was alongside Williamson two of our poorest performers against Sheff Utd. Yes they both scored but in truth did little else during the game.

Archived