onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Campion / Williamson issue

smithie

Advert

Ben has made 53 starts and 75 sub appearances for us in leagues 1 and 2, Achille has made 2 sub appearances so far and has played no other games in league 1 or 2, not hard to see why Ben is currently a better choice. Jury is still out on Achille, he may or may not be any good at this level. 4 other English teams have had a look at him and not offered him anything. Time will tell if we have spotted something others have missed!

If I was the manager I'd set a challange to both Williamson and Campion - the next 3 games who scores the most gets the spot then give them 45 minutes in each of the games......

Daft idea. Doesnt encourage team play and one sub a game already used before we kick off leaves us disadvantaged before we start...crazy talk.

Nguessan has played the majority of his time out wide. Williamson has had a lot of time on the pitch this season and dosent score anywhere near enough goals. I wouldnt mind if the rest of his game excellent, but it isnt. When williamson starts he plays 90, when hes on the bench he gets 30. Hes played a lot of football this season and his goals scoring record is poor and always has been.

How can you say he's played a lot of football? He's played the same amount as Pope and he's been out injured since October.

Williamson has 7, and 3 of those are cup goals in the League Cup win over Hartlepool.

The other cup games are fairly simple - FA cup MK Dons 3-4 an own goal and 2 from NG, the 2-3 JPT loss at Preston had 2 from Tom Pope, and after the Hartlepool win we lost 2-3 to Cardiff in the League Cup with the Vale goals coming from O'Conner and Brown.

Official stats gave him the MK dons goal.

I think Pegey has had too much sherry in his Christmas trifle. If Ben is on top form goodness knows how he will be on a barren run!

The other day Page was waxing lyrical about N'Guessan despite the fact that he was alongside Williamson two of our poorest performers against Sheff Utd. Yes they both scored but in truth did little else during the game.

How many assists has Popey got this season? I can't think of any?

Great game from Williamson today, what is the fascination with Campion has anyone actually seen him play. To boo substitutions because it's not him is just bonkers.

Never really thought of it until a caller on the Radio said we forget the likes of O'Reilly,Heald,Miller and the like who all banged them in in the reserves and went on to do nothing really,we have to take our time with Campion now I think

Excellent performance from Ben yesterday - both him and Page are making many (including me) eat humble pie.

Not making me eat humble pie! Yes Ben had a really good game, BUT his finishing in general is not up to the required standards we need to continue our progress. He did score a very good one, but again missed several gilt edged chances. We have seen enough of him to know he is never going to get regular goals and he dose blow hot and cold too often for my liking.

Not making me eat humble pie! Yes Ben had a really good game, BUT his finishing in general is not up to the required standards we need to continue our progress. He did score a very good one, but again missed several gilt edged chances. We have seen enough of him to know he is never going to get regular goals and he dose blow hot and cold too often for my liking.

"Several gilt edged chances"?? In what game? He missed one yesterday just before he scored but other than that he didn't get any gilt edged chances. What I did see was a hardworking performance from a team player shown by at least 4 passes shooting opportunities for Dodds, Marshall and Brown.

If he carries on at this rate he could get around 16 goals which is a reasonable return showing real progress.

Archived