onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 3rd Jan 2015, Port Vale v Gillingham, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

Everyone hoping for a Happy New Year, 9 points within our grasp in January? Likely to be a few comings and goings during the window so who knows? The weather is always going to be a factor as well, but hoping for a good turnout and 3 points to kick off the New Year.

Advert

Expect 3 points. Hoping that page will change the side, to pick a team that is best fit to beat gillingham. I have a feeling brown may drop to the bench because of fitness but I hope he dosent.

Neal

Yates

Veseli

Duffy

Dicko?!?

Brown

O'connor

Marshall

Lines

Nguessan (prefer see him up top but page likes this lone striker system)

Nimely/campion.

Expect 3 points. Hoping that page will change the side, to pick a team that is best fit to beat gillingham. I have a feeling brown may drop to the bench because of fitness but I hope he dosent.

Neal

Yates

Veseli

Duffy

Dicko?!?

Brown

O'connor

Marshall

Lines

Nguessan (prefer see him up top but page likes this lone striker system)

Nimely/campion.

Can't see Nimely starting, he didn't make the bench at Swindon and Rob Page won't let him jump ahead of Ben Williamson just because a few fans want a change with nothing to back it up other than change for change sake.

you left Dodds out too, which RP is unlikely to do. After the manager saying he was proud of his team at Swindon, it may well be same starting eleven.

I don't expect 3 points, I never do, but I'll be disappointed if we don't get them. I think this is a game where it's up to the Vale as in I don't think Gills best is as good as our best. If we play like we can and should we'll have too much for them so RP needs to make sure that's the case.

As for team selection I'd like to see some width, eg, Marshall & N'Guessan, supplying either a front two, eg, Campion, Nimely or Williamson or a front one, eg, Campion, with Doddsy playing just behind, a role into which I think he fits well. Basically, I want to see us have a go at them because I think we can score a few with the right shape and approach.

This is one of those games we really need to win in terms of keeping the season going on a positive note because a defeat will allow the Gills to close right up on us whereas victory will pull us nice and clear.

,,, I wonder if Gillingham might have the JPT Southern Final 1st leg match (home to Brizzle City on Tuesday night) on their minds when they visit us on Sat. One or two of their fans seem to be unsure which game is more important to them.

Whereas I can't see them resting any of their better/more important players, perhaps one or two may do their best to avoid injury... which may help us to get the three points we desire.

Money on this one being a tuff match now. If Taylor had been there, then 3 points for Vale. Now they will have the new manager syndrome and we struggle when we play teams that have just sacked their manager.

More importantly, will Campion get more than 15 minutes. See Page starting with the same team he played at Swindon. His love child Willio will keep his place.

I believe Hesenthaler is in temporary charge once more. Changing the manager will not change a poor team into a good one overnight. However, when we played Gillingham a few weeks ago, they seemed to be better than their League position suggested. We need to be at our best and not pay too much attention to their present problems.

I think we should stop worrying about other teams Saturday as far as im concerned is in our hands our result away to them was average - we need a big performance from the lads Saturday make vale park a fortress again - then we will see 6k+ crowds return and I fully expect us to pick 3 points up sat, anything less will be a disappointment in my eyes.

Archived