onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Whats the score

Ben

A good question. Either Page is listening to the wrong people (I wonder who that might be?) or he made the wrong calls himself (not a good sign). If Campion doesn't play on Saturday, after his goalscoring in the reserves (unequalled by anyone else), we will know we have serious problem.

i wouldn't be surprised if we went with just 1 up top - NGuessan

Advert

i wouldn't be surprised if we went with just 1 up top - NGuessan

An honest question, bar1 - why would we do that? The mistake on Saturday was playing six defensive players against one Coventry forward in a team that had just lost to a non-league side in the cup and below us in the league. Crawley are clearly suffering at present and we should add to their woes by going there to attack - the best form of defence. If Campion doesn't play, I'd like to know why.

An honest question, bar1 - why would we do that? The mistake on Saturday was playing six defensive players against one Coventry forward in a team that had just lost to a non-league side in the cup and below us in the league. Crawley are clearly suffering at present and we should add to their woes by going there to attack - the best form of defence. If Campion doesn't play, I'd like to know why.

what made the team defensive on Sat was the personel, we still played 442. we could play a more creative team in a 451, with oconnor back, moore and marshall out wide and dodds in behind nguessan. im not saying id pick that team, just second guessing page based on previous away trips.

What happens if Campion starts and does bugger all though will everyone still support him?

I should think so after one game... How many games has Williamson had in which he's done bugger all. Campion deserves a decent run in the side, not one or two games but 5 or 6, let's actually see what he can do.

Whilst I agree that Campion does deserve a chance, we should temper expectations a little. Who are the teams that he's scored all these goals against? Wrexham's reserves, Morecambe's reserves, Stoke's youth team, all whilst being supported by a very strong Vale starting XI...

You are right of course, but what was Williamson's record under the same circumstances, yet he has had chance after chance without not being anywhere near Campion's record for the reserves.

Campion simply has to start on Saturday. Just watched the highlights an excellent header for his first reminiscent of some of Popey's better ones and took the 2nd well albeit it's the reserves and the defending wasn't good.

I really don't see the issue, Williamson is out of form or just crap in some people's opinion(not mine totally but I'm losing patience with him!). I like N'Guessan but he doesn't seem to get in the position to get many chances to start with which makes me doubt he is an out and out striker?

Campion clearly has that knack in and around the box, throw the bugger in we can't do any worse!

What is the actual agreement with him? Have we got him til January only, because if he doesn't get a chance soon I'd be on the first bus out of Boslem if I was him!

Just maybe the " what's the score" with Campion could be that it is a loan to be made permanent for a fee in January and Smurf would rather pay some nominal fee then unleash the goal machine than have to write the cheque after Campion has scored 9 league goals in six league games.......

Or simply that Page the pretend manager with two minutes experience has Grew and Glover of " The Football Comittee" to contend with.

Does anyone know Stoke's line up?

Kurasik

Wheeler Watkins-Clark O'Reilly Barber

Lecygne Monlouis (who is just utter ****)

Parry Ward

Waring Ricketts-Hopkins

No idea of the formation tbh, it wouldn't have been 4-2-2-2 but Lecygne and Monlouis are DM's, Ward and Parry are AM's and the final two are strikers but I have no idea how they lined up.

All in the U-21 squad bar Kurasik who is the sub goalie for the U-18's.

Archived