onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Whats the score

Ben

"What is the actual agreement with him? Have we got him til January only, because if he doesn't get a chance soon I'd be on the first bus out of Boslem if I was him!" (Shroppie V)

...and so would I be! Smurf may well believe that we are still going to sign him on a permanent contract in January, but the lack of 1st team opportunity so far may tempt Campion to look around and see what else (if anything) might be on offer. Would a possible regular 1st team place at a 2nd division club tempt him? Possibly. In which case, that bus may well have an extra passenger.

Advert

Any of the "New" forwards should play and if they dont do much then we would have at least tried them. It would be worth looking at them in a real match to compare reserve performance against match day performance.

If they dont try harder than Williamson then that tells us loads - and the real point of dropping Williamson would be to tell him that his performance on Saturday was attrocious and that we would put any one on the pitch rather than him take the **** again.

Not being good is one thing - not trying is another

I should think so after one game... How many games has Williamson had in which he's done bugger all. Campion deserves a decent run in the side, not one or two games but 5 or 6, let's actually see what he can do.

My point being that Vale fans are fickle I agree he needs a solid run. Then again Williamson never has a solid run he's always dropped or on the bench. Can't do much for the lads confidence can it? Neither can the abuse he receives on here.

Champion too start .

Can the lad head a ball and make something of a set piece .

Williamson and guessan have failed too deliver v Coventry and Mk dons so its time be adventurous Dodds and champion with Dodds in the hole in.a free role where he shines.

How is not scoring in 2 matches a failure?

My point being that Vale fans are fickle I agree he needs a solid run. Then again Williamson never has a solid run he's always dropped or on the bench. Can't do much for the lads confidence can it? Neither can the abuse he receives on here.

He deserves all the abuse he gets on here. He's had far too many chances! He's never out of the team, non league striker.

Having seen Campion over four games he is a very similar player to Kevin Davies is strong holding the ball up, can def head a ball and has good feet just wonder who is best to partner him as I think Nguessan is a similar type player....maybe Willo would be a good partner or Nimely

What happens when Pope gets back is he also too similar a player

It's a matter of trusting the manager to pick the best, in-form combination.

All these players have different attributes and qualities and you need to find the right blend.

Campion has done fine in front of a few dozen pensioners and a dog, against youngsters and a few odd reserve teamers, but he is carrying a bit too much weight? There is a massive difference between Div 1 football and reserve team football. I'm not saying he couldn't cut it - just asking the question.

Williamson is inconsistent and a bit half-hearted. He's better than some of the comments above show. He has got pace and he can sometimes score some really good goals. Getting the best out of him is the problem. He seems to me to be a confidence player but some of the fans are quick to get on his back and it only makes things worse. I'm not particularly defending him. He frustrates me to death and I wish he was a bit more aggressive. I do think the jury is still out on him but come May if there is no consistent improvement.....

Nimely we have barely seen and he's another one who can't be properly match fit. He looks a quick player and clearly has a pedigree behind him but is he yet good enough to start?

I think, ideally, my two forwards would be Pope and N'Guessan but I'd still like to see Marshall and Moore in tandem down the wings. We created next to nothing last week and need to get back to getting wingers to the byline and getting plenty of crosses into the box.

What is the point of Premier League clubs having an academy anyway? The percentage of players that reach the first team must be less than 1%? I imagine they cost a lot to run too!

I think the point is that the financial gap is so wide that they can afford to run massive academies and FL clubs can't. Although not many get through, there are still some that do (look at Wilson at Man Utd, Kane at Spurs or Sterling at Liverpool).

However, the issue I have with them is that these players (Biddulph-born Wilson and Sterling from West London) should arguably have come through their local club's systems if they hadn't been enticed to the massive PL academies. As a result, there are barely any talented youngsters coming through FL clubs because the PL system hoovers them all up. As a result, it's another potential revenue stream drying up for FL clubs.

In that sense, Smurf's system makes sense. Not all these kids can break through to the PL, while FL clubs cannot afford the expense of academies so take on some talented but released player from PL academies and maybe one or two will make the break-through.

He deserves all the abuse he gets on here. He's had far too many chances! He's never out of the team, non league striker.

Never out of the team haha you ain't got a clue. Put it one with the minutes Willo has had on the pitch this season equates to only 14 matches. 7 goals out of 14 matches is pretty impressive by anyone's standards especially a "non league" striker. Get a grip.

Never out of the team haha you ain't got a clue. Put it one with the minutes Willo has had on the pitch this season equates to only 14 matches. 7 goals out of 14 matches is pretty impressive by anyone's standards especially a "non league" striker. Get a grip.

Get a grip? Do you actually go the games? He's dire! He hasn't got 7 in 14 has he, also 3 of his goals came against Hartlepool who were embarrassing. Williamson is not good enough at this level and actually wasn't in league 2, him like dodds has had more than enough chances and consistently fails. His performance on Saturday was just awful.

Archived