10. Achille Campion

11. Ryan Lloyd

Substitutes

12. Harry Pickering

14. Alex Morris

15. Dan Wakeham

16. Omar Haughton

18. Jonny Kapend

Is that now 8 goals in 4 games for the reserves for Campion......Andoh/Slew/Campion/Moore isn't a bad frontline for the U21/Reserve team....is Lloyd

playing centre mid alongside Birchall.......suppose Deen-Conteh is playing left back and young Greenidge is partnering Duffy at centre back...is Clarke

a youth team player....about time Campion got a start for the first team.

I'll fume if Williamson starts ahead of Campion.

I wonder if the Crawley game will be a repeat of last season's fixture?

Last season, after a few underwhelming performances by the forwards, a relative unknown was handed his full debut after making a compelling case for a place in the first-team. That time around it was Jordan Hugill - could it be Achille Campion this time around? And will Crawley start to get sick of Vale unleashing unknown forwards on them?

I wonder if the Crawley game will be a repeat of last season's fixture?

Last season, after a few underwhelming performances by the forwards, a relative unknown was handed his full debut after making a compelling case for a place in the first-team. That time around it was Jordan Hugill - could it be Achille Campion this time around? And will Crawley start to get sick of Vale unleashing unknown forwards on them?

Nimely wasn't in the reserve squad at all...

Nimely wasn't in the reserve squad at all...

I guess he could be being held back for the first-team. But he also seems to be picking up the odd injury, so I wonder if that ruled him out?

I guess it may take players a while to adjust. After all, it took Campion a while to find fitness after he picked up injuries shortly after joining us on loan. I suppose as these are young-ish players, who haven't had much football and who are picked for the long-term, it's not always going to be the case that they are the finished article in terms of fitness etc.

I remember that the same thing was said about Hugill last season though it didn't seem to stop him scoring for the first-team...

Archived