onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

BBC salaries.

For Us All

Pure loser talk but you keep fighting the system because that'll work!!!

I would put you on ignore but it's only by reading your posts, that you remind me what a real loser is. Of course, you never passed your 'critical thinking' part of your education, it stands to reason, seeing as you seem to think that everything is right with the world.

Advert

I would put you on ignore but it's only by reading your posts, that you remind me what a real loser is. Of course, you never passed your 'critical thinking' part of your education, it stands to reason, seeing as you seem to think that everything is right with the world.

Carl you must realise that everyone is equal,but unfortunately some are more equal than others.

Wasn't Animal Farm written by a Blair who went to Eton?

Correct.

The author of Animal Farm was Eric Arthur Blair who used the pen name George Orwell. He was an English novelist, essayist, journalist and critic. Commonly ranked as one of the most influential English writers of the 20th century, and as one of the most important chroniclers of English culture, his family goes back generations in this country. He was born in India, where his father worked in the civil service, but came back to England a few months after his birth. A true English gentleman, he was educated at Eton and went on to be one of the greatest writers this country has ever produced, utterly opposed to totalitarianism and social injustice.

Correct.

The author of Animal Farm was Eric Arthur Blair who used the pen name George Orwell. He was an English novelist, essayist, journalist and critic. Commonly ranked as one of the most influential English writers of the 20th century, and as one of the most important chroniclers of English culture, his family goes back generations in this country. He was born in India, where his father worked in the civil service, but came back to England a few months after his birth. A true English gentleman, he was educated at Eton and went on to be one of the greatest writers this country has ever produced, utterly opposed to totalitarianism and social injustice.

His book 'The Road to Wigan Pier' - the story of a 'Broken and distressed Britain' - remains, in my opinion, essential reading.

Most probably excludes the high profile newsreaders and so called celebrities who are self employed to avoid them paying as much tax, paying themselves dividends from their business instead of salaries.

The BBC made major changes regarding that in 2013 but it does seem inappropriate for senior executives/managers to not be employees.Not concerned if journalists etc have such an arrangement and anyway rules such as IR35 mean they such people can end up paying far more tax than an employee.

That is the most insane out of touch statement I have heard for a while. So you are suggesting people who are on considerably lower incomes have nothing to do but watch TV?

I didn't say that..I said quite clearly do you want someone who cannot watch so much TV cos they are working to pay more than someone who spends all day watching TV..I didn't say that all people who don't get up and go to work spend all day watching TV.

I bet even Unemployed people have less time on their hands than some of the Pro Premiership footballers who do a couple of hours training in the morning and in the afternoon..easy come easy go.

You may well be right..but they have earned the right to have that time on their hands

I wish people on lower incomes could just swan about all day. Some do a lot of hours for a hell of a lot less and life is tough. I have to say what an insult your statement is for people who work really long hours for pittance money.

I made no mention of people on lower incomes swanning about all day. I made no mention of people who do long hours for pittance money.I actually posted in support of people who get up every day and go to work. What are you on about?

Of course it isn't but I don't look for excuses and make scapegoats.

Real loser!?! Hilarious! This real loser actually pity's you- I literally feel sorry for you

Of course it isn't but I don't look for excuses and make scapegoats.

Real loser!?! Hilarious! This real loser actually pity's you- I literally feel sorry for you

I must say, you must have a really dysfunctional mind, to feel sorry for someone who you constantly barrage with cheap insults and abuse. I actually know people who in your closed off world who I suspect, would be deemed uneducated and 'below your standards' well I have to say, their morals, are a lot higher than yours.

Excuses? What excuses have I made? Again you make statements that you cannot back up. In fact you cannot back up anything. You don't know me, and indeed I don't know you, and nor would I want to, and I have to say you are so wide of the mark, I have started to realise how amusing you really are. You make me laugh, so I will not put you on ignore, I will use your posts as a benchmark to measuring how much of a tool you really are.

Did i say High earners owed low earners anything? If you consider the majority of Television brings in publicity and revenue for most of the establishment I think it is only fair that they pay a better contribution towards its upkeep, which for some is a tool towards their lavish lifestyles.

They do pay more....they spend on goods and sevices which in turn finances advertising campaigns which in turn pays for commercial TV and radio stations..the spenders finance ITV, CH4, CH5, commercial radio and so on. But it's their choice to spend more. By making higher earners pay more for their TV licence you want to force them to spend more for something that is not an essential service like health, education etc

Why not ask wealthier people to pay more for a Vale season ticket?

Archived