onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

BBC salaries.

For Us All

Advert

If you listened 2day you wud have heard the lead items on news reports this morn was 'UKIP boss accused of sexual harassment.'

R u telling me thats the most important news item of th day?

It was lead item on Sky News when I watched earlier as well.

It's not about the most important or one item..the other day they led with the cricketer's death..does that mean they are biased in favour of cricket or against what some belive should have been the lead item?

I'm not claiming either way just asking for some solid evidence over time..my one example was not meant to indicate that they are not baised

The main reason that the BBC are biased against UKIP is that they know UKIP will reduce the TV licence and will have a negative effect on their lucrative incomes.

UKIP had no elected MPs up to a couple of months ago but have received a disproportionate amount of coverage compared to the Greens, who have been represented in the Commons since 2010.

Perhaps hes the token gesture, the exception that proves the rule maybe.

In general terms the BBC cannot be said to be unbiased there is a definate and obvious left wing slant. Thats fine except we are told we must all pay for it, which isnt fine. I would be happy to pay if it were actually unbiased but it isnt and it probably never will be. Who exactly could we get to control it but be entirely unbiased? It at least needs to be close enough as to be undetectable in most cases.

the number of programmes I watch on the BBC is getting less and less and my car radio is tuned in to an mp3 player so I wouldnt miss Radio Joke at all.

Right wingers always accuse the BBC of left wing bias. I disagree. Nick Robinson used to be the leader of the Young Conservatives.

Personally I don't think the BBC have done a good enough job of holding the Coalition to account.

UKIP had no elected MPs up to a couple of months ago but have received a disproportionate amount of coverage compared to the Greens, who have been represented in the Commons since 2010.

Congratulations to the Greens in achieving their one seat in the Commons but let's be honest,the Greens along with the Lib.Dems,will be non-entities at the next election.UKIP have come along in leaps and bounds in the last four years and despite polling nearly four times more votes (919,471) than the Green Party (265,243) in 2010,didn't manage to get a MP.It will be a lot different this time.

Congratulations to the Greens in achieving their one seat in the Commons but let's be honest,the Greens along with the Lib.Dems,will be non-entities at the next election.UKIP have come along in leaps and bounds in the last four years and despite polling nearly four times more votes (919,471) than the Green Party (265,243) in 2010,didn't manage to get a MP.It will be a lot different this time.

And you haven't seen nothing yet.

If you listened 2day you wud have heard the lead items on news reports this morn was 'UKIP boss accused of sexual harassment.'

R u telling me thats the most important news item of th day?

I've simply lost count of all the mudslinging at UKIP. It really is desperate, desperate stuff from the Establishment.

I'd welcome examples of the continuous mudslinging..I'm not saying that they don't

The breastfeeding story was headline news on Sky News and in many (maybe all) of the newspapers. The story was gone after one day and it was the wider issue of breatfeeding in public that was discussed for a longer period as opposed to what Nigel Farage had said on the subject.

Breaking news about yet another wheeze from the penniless BBC - this time to open a theme park in Kent.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/12/10/BBC-Theme-Park-To-Open-In-Kent

Apparently, it is being masterminded by their business arm BBC Worldwide but it is interesting to note that, according to the article, it does not have to return the proceeds of its commercial activity to the licence payer.

If not, why not?

Breaking news about yet another wheeze from the penniless BBC - this time to open a theme park in Kent.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/12/10/BBC-Theme-Park-To-Open-In-Kent

Apparently, it is being masterminded by their business arm BBC Worldwide but it is interesting to note that, according to the article, it does not have to return the proceeds of its commercial activity to the licence payer.

If not, why not?

Will the Jimmy Savile House of Horrors be one of the attractions?:nailbiting:

If not, why not?

I'd be interested to know more about the comment in the article on BBC Worldwide "The proceeds are not returned to the license fee payer"...In 2013/14, BBC Worldwide generated profits of £157.4m on sales of £1,042.3m and returned £173.8m to the BBC.

How else can it return money to the licence fee payer other than handing it over to the BBC to spend to (hopefully) keep the licence fee lower than it would be otherwise

Of course that does not mean that the BBC spends that £173.8m well nor that BBC Worldwide could not generate more cash and so return more cash to the BBC.

Archived