onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

BBC salaries.

For Us All

Possibly the fairest way to implement a scheme that you propose is to 'step' the proportion of TV Licence fees paid in relation to a persons salary. The fairest way would be to implement a 0.5% tax on a persons income for example, for someone on 21,000 a year they would pay £110. For someone on £100,000 they would pay £500 then that way it is fair to the people on very low incomes. And rich people, therefore would pay a fair rate of 'tax' with no scope for avoidance.

Would you advocate the same for car tax, MOT, council tax, the cost of a Mars bar, tickets at the Vale....that it should be stepped according to income? You want people who get up every day and go to work and so can't watch so much TV to potentially pay more then someone who spends all day at home watching TV?

Advert

Would you advocate the same for car tax, MOT, council tax, the cost of a Mars bar, tickets at the Vale....that it should be stepped according to income? You want people who get up every day and go to work and so can't watch so much TV to potentially pay more then someone who spends all day at home watching TV?

The richer you are the more car tax you would pay anyway because you would obviously have a better car anyway, the same with repairs, you would pay more for preserving expensive cars and parts. This is not a suitable way for making an argumentative comparison JA. And if you are a fat cat the chances are you would eat more Mars bars, joking aside.

How can you possibly even argue Council tax when the property bandings in relation to value are different and obviously determined by a persons income, similar to what I propose.

You must have a really toss job the way you bang on about income. Why should some one earning more pay yo watch the same programming? Get a grip- high earners owe low earners nothing

Did i say High earners owed low earners anything? If you consider the majority of Television brings in publicity and revenue for most of the establishment I think it is only fair that they pay a better contribution towards its upkeep, which for some is a tool towards their lavish lifestyles.

Whether or not I have a high paying job or not, I contribute to society and I will have my say thank you very much.

The BBC is one of the top ten public sector organisations for race and gender diversity.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/bbc-race-gender

And dont we know it? Theyre obsessed with it on Radio 5.

Todays news from 6am led with disability access, yesterday with breast feeding, just bout every day the news leads with some1 sauing something that upsets sum1 else. normally race, and so on an on an on

91 staff at the Beeb paid more that the Prime Minister.

Justified or not?

Most probably excludes the high profile newsreaders and so called celebrities who are self employed to avoid them paying as much tax, paying themselves dividends from their business instead of salaries.

Most probably excludes the high profile newsreaders and so called celebrities who are self employed to avoid them paying as much tax, paying themselves dividends from their business instead of salaries.

There are 250 performers and presenters earning more than £100,000 a year at the BBC, according to its latest annual report,14 of whom earn over £500,000.Although the identity of those on the highest wages is kept secret,the list is understood to include presenters Fiona Bruce, Jeremy Clarkson and Tess Daly.

Gary Lineker is thought to be on £1.5m a year while Graham Norton's £2.6m is chickenfeed compared to Jonathan Ross' £6m salary which he was receiving before he transferred to ITV.

You want people who get up every day and go to work and so can't watch so much TV to potentially pay more then someone who spends all day at home watching TV?

That is the most insane out of touch statement I have heard for a while. So you are suggesting people who are on considerably lower incomes have nothing to do but watch TV? I bet even Unemployed people have less time on their hands than some of the Pro Premiership footballers who do a couple of hours training in the morning and in the afternoon..easy come easy go.

I wish people on lower incomes could just swan about all day. Some do a lot of hours for a hell of a lot less and life is tough. I have to say what an insult your statement is for people who work really long hours for pittance money.

There are 250 performers and presenters earning more than £100,000 a year at the BBC, according to its latest annual report,14 of whom earn over £500,000.Although the identity of those on the highest wages is kept secret,the list is understood to include presenters Fiona Bruce, Jeremy Clarkson and Tess Daly.

Gary Lineker is thought to be on £1.5m a year while Graham Norton's £2.6m is chickenfeed compared to Jonathan Ross' £6m salary which he was receiving before he transferred to ITV.

Your list only mentions TV but a lot of their Radio Presenters are on obscene salaries as well. Radio 2's Steve Wright earns nearly £500,000 a year for his daily 3 hour shows and anybody who listens to the station will tell you he has at least 2 months off per year. Terry Wogan was/is another high earner however his salary was/is a close guarded secret. The BBC have no never had any problem with wasting tax payers money and I'm surprised this hasn't come out before now.

Your list only mentions TV but a lot of their Radio Presenters are on obscene salaries as well. Radio 2's Steve Wright earns nearly £500,000 a year for his daily 3 hour shows and anybody who listens to the station will tell you he has at least 2 months off per year. Terry Wogan was/is another high earner however his salary was/is a close guarded secret. The BBC have no never had any problem with wasting tax payers money and I'm surprised this hasn't come out before now.

Good point,I was forgetting the radio presenters,it does seem like the 'Cosy Club' with a bottomless pit.

Agreed whatever that clown Blakeman's earning it's way too much, I'm contributing to his salary and it makes me mad! :(

Did i say High earners owed low earners anything? If you consider the majority of Television brings in publicity and revenue for most of the establishment I think it is only fair that they pay a better contribution towards its upkeep, which for some is a tool towards their lavish lifestyles.

Whether or not I have a high paying job or not, I contribute to society and I will have my say thank you very much.

Check out Karl Marx light! Hilarious

Pure loser talk but you keep fighting the system because that'll work!!!

Well that's them off Carl's Christmas card list! ;)

I have nothing against Equality and Diversity in the workplace, I have completed a course on the subject. In fact REP, I think there should be a better awareness over this issue than what there currently is at present.

Archived