onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

BBC salaries.

For Us All

Advert

Find time? Perhaps, like a lot of us, he cant casually while away his working hours posting tat from asshole to breakfast time. Or maybe some of us don't want to be deliberately argumentative, boring and self-obsessed - funny how some people with massive numbers of posts rarely post anything about the Vale, remember them, football club, play in Burslem? That doesn't include you on that point, however -

It wasn't long ago you were whining about people ganging up on you, giving you negative scores for nothing and bullying you. You may remember I didn't agree with it.

Is the lure of the gang so great that the victim now becomes the bully (yes, I saw the smiley but it doesn't override the somewhat unpleasant sentiment that Id normally associate with coming from elsewhere.)

Think you will find I disagreed with Carl long before most, I know / have met personally around 8-10 people from this site, including one I no longer have much respect for because of his postings last year. If you think I belong the a clique you couldn't be more wrong ;)

Take for instance the fact I couldn't agree more with Cheeky on Carl's political ramblings recently and yet we have had many a disagreement over other matters.

It's entirely up to anyone when they want to post and to make fun of them for having a passion for the Vale and this superb site and contributing to it is strange for him to do (on the understanding it is genuine contribution).

I recognise you don't like JA for instance but this isn't a taking sides issue so just because I'm arguing on the same side of the argument as him doesn't make the friend of your enemy your actual enemy. I just simply don't like right wingers (Gary Ford, Jon McCarthy and Gareth Ainsworth aside ;) ).

Oh and on the other point I wasnt whining, a respected poster (who once again I haven't met) asked the question and I offered my view that it's daft people with multiple user accounts who really probably do have too much time on their hands who were culpable in my opinion! :D

I dont think what I am saying is disrespectful to manual workers but that is that.

I never claimed that you were being disrespectful

I know people of my generation and earlier who went down the mines and i would not class them as unskilled workers. yes they had the option of a job in the mines which compared to many jobs in SoT paid well and that option is bnot there now but I don't consider them unskilled workers so for me it's not a valid comparison with unskilld workers.

Yes I do like posting, when i'm not being personally attacked;) I wonder how many of those posts of JA's and yourself were considered as 'liberal'?

EH? I'm no liberal..I'd hate to be though of a s liberal

Seriously, I wish I had as much time to post but sadly that isn't the case.

Get up earlier and go to bed later ;)

- funny how some people with massive numbers of posts rarely post anything about the Vale, remember them, football club, play in Burslem?

Funny how people who claim not to care about things keep posting about them ;)

So I don't go and watch the vale (cos I work weekends..did I mention that ;))but you think I (for example) should post about the football, football that i don't get to watch? This if the off-topic section my little comprehension skills deficient schadenfreude embracing ray of sunshine.

Ooo back on topic..the BBC are right to pay it's top people well but not as well as it does. Phew

• 1 month later...
The BBC lose the British Open Golf Championship to Sky after sixty years of coverage.

Sad, my concern is the future of the game given that in the USA far fewer people are playing nowadays and over the last few years 2 golf courses a week are closing, I'd hate to see golf return to the "Bank Managers sport" era.

You're gonna have to get used to one shot, 5 mins of adverts, one shot etc, it drives me nuts watching the Open over here. The last few years The Masters has negotiated a deal with the broadcasters so that only one minute of adverts can be shown in 60 minutes, the R&A should do the same with Skye.

• 3 months later...

Archived