onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

BBC salaries.

For Us All

Indeed the economy in SOT is depressed like most places in the UK and whilst tradesmen and professionals will be doing comparatively OK, generally unskilled workers wil be on low pay and struggling for jobs..rarely has that not been the case.

Our local ex mining workers would probably disagree with you and would have earned far more than warehouse workers do today in real terms

Advert

Which explains why the mines were closed, because it cost more to produce coal from our own mines than it did to buy it elsewhere and ship it here.

Whose fault was that?

My point is these were the jobs that you did not need a trade or qualification for. People who go to warehouse jobs years ago would have had the option to work in the mining industry and would have therefore been better paid albeit a more hazardous job.

My point is these were the jobs that you did not need a trade or qualification for. People who go to warehouse jobs years ago would have had the option to work in the mining industry and would have therefore been better paid albeit a more hazardous job.

You suggesting coal miners were all unskilled workers?

You suggesting coal miners were all unskilled workers?

Let's get something clear here. You dont go to college nor university to become a warehouse worker but the warehouse worker job requires training that allows those workers to undertake the jobs. Coalminers did not go to college to learn the job nor university even though they received training to help them in their job.

It is the mindset of many that 'skilled' and 'professional' people nowadays attended university or college to learn a trade and profession. They like the coalmining and warehouse jobs, still require on job training but they are skilled through education at what they do. What I am saying is that many who do not get to stay in apprentices college or university years ago would have had the option to join the National coal board and become a miner, without learning a skill, nor formal qualification. The only people who required a skill on application were the actual electricians ect who worked at the pit. I dont think what I am saying is disrespectful to manual workers but that is that.

I have more, what are you saying?

Do you not like posting on here? :)

Yes I do like posting, when i'm not being personally attacked;) I wonder how many of those posts of JA's and yourself were considered as 'liberal'?

Seriously, I wish I had as much time to post but sadly that isn't the case.

Find time' date=' it's a great pastime, even listening to your rubbish ;)[/quote']

Find time? Perhaps, like a lot of us, he cant casually while away his working hours posting tat from asshole to breakfast time. Or maybe some of us don't want to be deliberately argumentative, boring and self-obsessed - funny how some people with massive numbers of posts rarely post anything about the Vale, remember them, football club, play in Burslem? That doesn't include you on that point, however -

It wasn't long ago you were whining about people ganging up on you, giving you negative scores for nothing and bullying you. You may remember I didn't agree with it.

Is the lure of the gang so great that the victim now becomes the bully (yes, I saw the smiley but it doesn't override the somewhat unpleasant sentiment that Id normally associate with coming from elsewhere.)

And my point was that paying miners so much money ultimately cost them all their jobs.

13739 posts compared to my 1850 posts and i still have more thumbs up than you ;) I think the rubbish factor needs to allocated elsewhere

I shouldn't worry too much about the number of posts anyone gets on here Carl,werstayinup,our record poster has just lost 30,000 posts?:ohmy::sums:;)

Archived