66,202 copies

£22,730 bill

The Independent

61,339 copies

£73,175 bill

The Times

77,167 copies

£78,825 bill

For me the article's main point is that the figures for some newspapers are disproportionate when compared to national sales of those same newspapers. But then the same could be said re the Mail

Make of that what you will :)

Advert

For me the article's main point is that the figures for some newspapers are disproportionate when compared to national sales of those same newspapers.

For me the article's main point was a flimsy pretext to accuse the BBC of left wing bias when the facts show the corporation buys a large range of newspapers which cover a broad political spectrum.

For me the article's main point was a flimsy pretext to accuse the BBC of left wing bias when the facts show the corporation buys a large range of newspapers which cover a broad political spectrum.

You may be right but it's incorrect that the article "forgot to mention that the BBC bought 78,000 copies of their own paper compared to 80,000 copies of the Grauniad. "

Anyways....the Mail is entitled to its view like all of us, I happen to agree with it regarding the BBCs left wing bias..although this was a clumsy attempt at proving it

It's got to be three times the cost of the Daily Mail,judging by those BBC costs.

What a bargain the Mail is..political coverage is thought provoking (as it should be) and the sports coverage is for me quite excellent. Although many of the articles and features i find LOL funny..almost a caricature of itself at times.

Changing direction.....there has to be some way of making the BBC more answerable/accountable to the public. I'm not in favour of subscription nor advertising across the board but maybe for some of its channels.I listen to local radio, 5live, watch BBC3 & BBC4 and BBC news as well as BBC1 and BBC2 so I'm geting a good service and what I belive to be value for money and i'm quite happy that things like the BBC Symphony Orchestra get funding form my licence fee (I assume that they do) as well as childrens TV and so on..lots of stuff I have no interest in...but others pay the same and I guess get a a lot less.

Maybe partial subscription is the answer but that risks losing funding and losing some of the quality but not terribly popular programmes..is the BBCs 'uniqueness' a price worth paying?

What a bargain the Mail is..political coverage is thought provoking (as it should be) and the sports coverage is for me quite excellent. Although many of the articles and features i find LOL funny..almost a caricature of itself at times.

Changing direction.....there has to be some way of making the BBC more answerable/accountable to the public. I'm not in favour of subscription nor advertising across the board but maybe for some of its channels.I listen to local radio, 5live, watch BBC3 & BBC4 and BBC news as well as BBC1 and BBC2 so I'm geting a good service and what I belive to be value for money and i'm quite happy that things like the BBC Symphony Orchestra get funding form my licence fee (I assume that they do) as well as childrens TV and so on..lots of stuff I have no interest in...but others pay the same and I guess get a a lot less.

Maybe partial subscription is the answer but that risks losing funding and losing some of the quality but not terribly popular programmes..is the BBCs 'uniqueness' a price worth paying?

Not forgetting MOTD and the excellent On The Road To FA Cup Glory which was aired on Tuesday night,the politics programmes with Andrew Neil are also enjoyable,along with Question Time and This Week.Like you say,it's good value for money.

I wonder how man people listening to Radio 1, Radio 2, 5 live, local radio etc realise that come sout of the licence fee too? Most do I am sure but I'd be willing to bet that a fair few only see it as a TV licence.

IMO those alone are worth it (apart form Radio 1 :wacko:)

It would be interesting to compare BBC salaries to 'Commercial salaries - very interesting indeed.

What do Sun journalists earn , would be very interesting to see those figures and probably would have given the article credibility if they published those alongside as a comparison.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

People will no longer be able to watch the BBC for free on catch-up through the iPlayer and phones.The loophole costs the BBC £150m a year and has yet to work out how to implement this measure.

Some Radio4 presenter named Eddie Mair is among a large group of BBC staff receiving huge salaries who will avoid having their pay disclosed under new rules,it is claimed he is receiving a salary of £425,000.Nice work if you can get it?

Fiona Bruce is reported to be on a salary of £800,000!!!!

Archived