onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black Friday?

For Us All

And he was 18

So a police officer shot dead an 18 year old man who he believed was armed and who refused to in his eyes drop his weapon..bit different to "unarmed 12-year-old black child murdered by police "..no bias there.

I've no idea if the shooting was racially motivated..I accept that it could be but I don't know that it was. I don't know if the police officer follwoed proper procedures or not..seems he did but I'm not sure. I don't know that it's murder..could be but could not be..I don't see how anyone who is unbiased could conclude that it was

Potentially the offcier had a split second shoot or be shot decision to make; it's the easy path to condemn him with hindsight

I do believe that in the US there needs to be fewer guns as that would make this sort of thing far less likely to happen

Yet again you get it wrong, however I can see why you'd get confused and make a mistake with so many police shootings, but here is the child I was referring to -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11256858/Watch-Cleveland-police-release-footage-of-officers-shooting-dead-12-year-old-Tamir-Rice.html

Or do you know better than the Daily Telegraph and its news report.

The nit-picking over 'read' and 'comprehend' sums you up really. Everyone else on here would know what and understand what I meant, and the word read is in frequent use as in 'Read it properly'. Wouldn't be so bad if yhou didn't set yourself up as mr perfect.

Advert

Unarmed is would suggest he was completely innocent, he had a replica gun in his hand and pointed it at the police, i would have shot him too. Are you saying you wouldnt have shot him and left yourself open to being shot?

No British policeman would have shot a 12-year-old child playing with a toy gun.

Yet again you get it wrong, however I can see why you'd get confused and make a mistake with so many police shootings, but here is the child I was referring to -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11256858/Watch-Cleveland-police-release-footage-of-officers-shooting-dead-12-year-old-Tamir-Rice.html

Or do you know better than the Daily Telegraph and its news report.

Why would you think I would claim that I know better? What a strange thing to post.

You obviously weren't clear with your words ;)

Makes no difference to the point anyway

The nit-picking over 'read' and 'comprehend' sums you up really.

I assure you it doesn't but feel free to explain how it does rather than just claiming that it does....go on, get the motivation for my post wrong again as you have so many times previously

Everyone else on here would know what and understand what I meant, and the word read is in frequent use as in 'Read it properly'.

Now you claim to be able to speak for everyone else? Previously you claimed to be able to speak fo UKIP and now you claim to be able to speak for everyone on here....and I thought I was pompous ;)

Wouldn't be so bad if yhou didn't set yourself up as mr perfect.

What a ludicrous and laughable claim..I take the mick out of myself on here more than anyone else takes the mick out of me on here

Mr Perfect was a WWF wrestler you know, and a darned good one

No, just a brazilian late for work.

That was a massive tragedy, but the fact you remember it so long after is because such events are, thank God, incredibly rare here.

http://www.inquest.org.uk/statistics/fatal-police-shootings

55 fatal police shootings since 1990, single figures probably less than 5 were tragic accidents

The US will not release figures, (surprise !) but reliable reporting has put forward one of the only figures available: the approximately 400 “justifiable police homicides” each year since 2008.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-many-americans-the-police-kill-each-year/

So that's just over 2 per year in the UK, 400 or more each year in the USA. Which police force do you prefer ?

Yes,but as it says in the link, unlike the UK the Police themselves will not release figures - but dear God, this point is trivial compared to the actual figures which are the stuff of nightmares.

Are you saying we should be pleased the FBI are gracious enough to admit to this horror movie scenario of 460+ precious lives being obliterated each year, as opposed to 2 in the UK.

This is just police killings, I remember reading recently that over one holiday weekend in Chicago alone there were something like 100 shootings, not sure how many fatalities, but that is just one single large city.

I'd be genuinely interested to know if you are in favour of strict gun control, making the US like the UK for gun ownership and police carrying guns, although I appreciate achieving the last point might be extremely difficult from the current situation as you couldn't have police without guns until the general public had mostly been disarmed.

I like guns and shooting, I havent done it for a while but the solitude when shooting is quite pleasant and calming... that doesnt mean I think everyone should carry one or that they should be freely available... if I was in the position of shoot or possibly get shot [as the american police often find themselves]... I would shoot... I wouldnt want my last words to be "I thought it was a toy"

If you continue to think like that , it will eat you up inside. I could come on here blabbering about how the British Army did this and that in Ulster, and Ireland back in the 1900's , but that's gone now . I have no bitterness against any British people, and I have many friends living there. Every country has good and bad, and America has plenty of both, but remember that it's a continent as well as a country. I don't know if you've ever been to the USA. but in order to truly understand it, like any other country, you have to live here for some time. I've lived here for almost 30 years, and thankfully I have never had a bad problem with anyone. No, I don't like guns either, and the fact that someone could produce one in the heat of the moment and shoot one dead, but I try not to put myself in a situation where it could happen. Say what you want about invasions, but England has it's own history of that, as well as the Romans, Persians etc. If everyone was left alone that would be fine.

The swiss dont do much invading... but apparently they eat their pets

Archived