onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black Friday?

For Us All

Advert

If you mark down certain items to a give away price it draws people in, they're in your shop or on your website & chances are they'll buy more or at least come back again. They wouldn't do it if it didn't pay off in the long run

Exactly.if you go into game you end up spending more time at the till saying saying no to everything they offer than you do looking for the game.

As Mandela once said "The true character of a society is revealed in how it treats its children", I think that's a good starting point!

Does that include the unarmed 12-year-old black child murdered by police not that far from Ferguson this week as well ?

Im glad you enjoyed visiting the us and agree it is a wonderful country, with wonderful scenery, natural gifts, and some wonderful people. Unfortunately, the evil part of the population, small though it may be, kill them. Robert and John Kennedy, Martin Luther King, and many others. Anyone who stands up for their rights (Mayor Moscone, Harvey Milk, Malcolm X) is also murdered, and in the case of Moscone and Milk look what happened to the murderer - 5 years jail less remission on a defence of being mentally affected by junk food.

The events in Ferguson this last few weeks proved nothing has changed. I was amazed that Obama was not assassinated in the first few months after his first election win, but they are cleverer than that now, they just used him and blocked him.

To ja and anyone who thought I was against the entire country and its people - wrong. I feel great empathy with the suffering of the poor and black and Hispanic and other downtrodden peoples of the us. Every year they are in a worse position, and it is only because of the system of greed and corporate/military power there and the fact that the power and money are in the hands of so few.

Indeed, no other country hates sections of its own people since the Germans in the 1930s, as evidenced by Ronald Reagan who never mentioned the word AIDS until 1987 when something like 500,000 were infected and 50,000 dead, just in the US.The tens of millions of Africans of course, did not matter to him either. He would not allow any spending of note on education or research - contrast with the UK TV 'iceberg' ads (even under Thatcher) that are generally credited with saving thousands and thousands of lives.

Reagan also invaded countries, and should have been impeached for the Iran/Contra affair, and made sure hundreds of millions lived in poverty and servitude in south and central America and elsewhere under US backed military regimes where torture and murder were standard practice.

Read about Allende in Chile, the Tupamaros in Uruguay, how the Contras were supported to massacre people and burn schools, hospitals and plant bombs in public places. The current president of Brazil was tortured and imprisoned for many years by a US installed regime, hopefully she will stop this ever happening again, a wonderful brave woman.

Sadly, many decent US citizens will dismiss much of the above and probably either not believe it, or say it had to be done to fight communism, but nothing can excuse some of the terrible actions of those in power there.

There is little hope when they cannot see what is wrong with having 'a right to bear arms' that results in school massacres and the like every few weeks, it is almost like saying there should be a freedom to kill people.

That is just a small part of why I don't want my own county to be blighted any more than it is by the creatures that spread their so-called 'freedom' through the word and have to have war after war to maintain their profiteering arms industries.

Finally, I don't appreciate those who have left this country and gone to live in the US telling us what we should do and how to behave. Enjoy your wallow in the land of the free, but linking the US and UK anymore than is necessary is something a lot of us will not take kindly to. tone, for instance in a recent post, linked the fallen servicemen of the US and UK. I might just point out that the UK did not devastate Vietnam, Guatemala, Panama, Grenada, try to invade Cuba or have anything to do with these dark misadventures or many others and to make this link is grossly insulting to our own servicemen, some of whom fell to guns financed by the US collecting money for the IRA.

Does that include the unarmed 12-year-old black child murdered by police not that far from Ferguson this week as well ?

Im glad you enjoyed visiting the us and agree it is a wonderful country, with wonderful scenery, natural gifts, and some wonderful people. Unfortunately, the evil part of the population, small though it may be, kill them. Robert and John Kennedy, Martin Luther King, and many others. Anyone who stands up for their rights (Mayor Moscone, Harvey Milk, Malcolm X) is also murdered, and in the case of Moscone and Milk look what happened to the murderer - 5 years jail less remission on a defence of being mentally affected by junk food.

The events in Ferguson this last few weeks proved nothing has changed. I was amazed that Obama was not assassinated in the first few months after his first election win, but they are cleverer than that now, they just used him and blocked him.

To ja and anyone who thought I was against the entire country and its people - wrong. I feel great empathy with the suffering of the poor and black and Hispanic and other downtrodden peoples of the us. Every year they are in a worse position, and it is only because of the system of greed and corporate/military power there and the fact that the power and money are in the hands of so few.

Indeed, no other country hates sections of its own people since the Germans in the 1930s, as evidenced by Ronald Reagan who never mentioned the word AIDS until 1987 when something like 500,000 were infected and 50,000 dead, just in the US.The tens of millions of Africans of course, did not matter to him either. He would not allow any spending of note on education or research - contrast with the UK TV 'iceberg' ads (even under Thatcher) that are generally credited with saving thousands and thousands of lives.

Reagan also invaded countries, and should have been impeached for the Iran/Contra affair, and made sure hundreds of millions lived in poverty and servitude in south and central America and elsewhere under US backed military regimes where torture and murder were standard practice.

Read about Allende in Chile, the Tupamaros in Uruguay, how the Contras were supported to massacre people and burn schools, hospitals and plant bombs in public places. The current president of Brazil was tortured and imprisoned for many years by a US installed regime, hopefully she will stop this ever happening again, a wonderful brave woman.

Sadly, many decent US citizens will dismiss much of the above and probably either not believe it, or say it had to be done to fight communism, but nothing can excuse some of the terrible actions of those in power there.

There is little hope when they cannot see what is wrong with having 'a right to bear arms' that results in school massacres and the like every few weeks, it is almost like saying there should be a freedom to kill people.

That is just a small part of why I don't want my own county to be blighted any more than it is by the creatures that spread their so-called 'freedom' through the word and have to have war after war to maintain their profiteering arms industries.

Finally, I don't appreciate those who have left this country and gone to live in the US telling us what we should do and how to behave. Enjoy your wallow in the land of the free, but linking the US and UK anymore than is necessary is something a lot of us will not take kindly to. tone, for instance in a recent post, linked the fallen servicemen of the US and UK. I might just point out that the UK did not devastate Vietnam, Guatemala, Panama, Grenada, try to invade Cuba or have anything to do with these dark misadventures or many others and to make this link is grossly insulting to our own servicemen, some of whom fell to guns financed by the US collecting money for the IRA.

If you continue to think like that , it will eat you up inside. I could come on here blabbering about how the British Army did this and that in Ulster, and Ireland back in the 1900's , but that's gone now . I have no bitterness against any British people, and I have many friends living there. Every country has good and bad, and America has plenty of both, but remember that it's a continent as well as a country. I don't know if you've ever been to the USA. but in order to truly understand it, like any other country, you have to live here for some time. I've lived here for almost 30 years, and thankfully I have never had a bad problem with anyone. No, I don't like guns either, and the fact that someone could produce one in the heat of the moment and shoot one dead, but I try not to put myself in a situation where it could happen. Say what you want about invasions, but England has it's own history of that, as well as the Romans, Persians etc. If everyone was left alone that would be fine.

More glibness

To ja and anyone who thought I was against the entire country and its people - wrong.

Choose your words more carefully next time...a country is it's people.

Polo time..ra ra

So like every major nation (and lots of minor ones) the US and it's leaders have done terrible things to its own people and to the people in to the lands..it's just done more cos it's bigger, has more powerful means of doing so than existed previously and so on.

Pretty much every nation isn tehrefore worthy of contempt..except maybe Iceland..they don't seem to have done much to anyone..maybe the occasional pesky Viking (my ancestors actually..me and Odin are of the same blue blood lineage ;) )

I went with my son to see the Houston Rockets on Monday night. Harden gave a master class in how to play basketball.

I love James Harden lol, he is a beast, I was gonna ask if you supported the rockets before, but didn't know if you were actually from Houston. I used to like Okc (in the UK for the NBA its pick a team or player to support and hate everyone that likes lebron. Thus me wanting Miami to win the east this season) but when Harden moved I moved with him lol. Apparently he's a bit of a flop though?

Archived