onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Floodlights

Brown Edge Normski

Advert

Smurf. :D

Hilarious to see so many people slagging off everything he does, moaning about what needs to change and what is wrong with PVFC, yet offer absolutely no alternatives or any constructive way of either offering help, pointing him in the direction of people who can help, offering ways of being able to change certain things at the club, and just sit there bashing their keyboards.

Hilarious to see so many people slagging off everything he does, moaning about what needs to change and what is wrong with PVFC, yet offer absolutely no alternatives or any constructive way of either offering help, pointing him in the direction of people who can help, offering ways of being able to change certain things at the club, and just sit there bashing their keyboards.

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?77858-What-we-could-do-to-help-the-Chairman-and-in-turn-the-Club

I'm making a couple of assumptions here. First, that the lamps are 1kW single ended metal halide - the majority of sports installations I've come across are. Second, that there have been no failures of operating gear or other circuit bits and pieces which obviously have a replacement cost.

£190k does seem a lot though even if you needed to replace every single fitting. If that's true someone is trying to make a lot of money out of Vale.

Norman, if you're reading this I'd be happy to review the quotes you've been given. Just PM me and I'll get in touch.

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?77858-What-we-could-do-to-help-the-Chairman-and-in-turn-the-Club

I'm making a couple of assumptions here. First, that the lamps are 1kW single ended metal halide - the majority of sports installations I've come across are. Second, that there have been no failures of operating gear or other circuit bits and pieces which obviously have a replacement cost.

£190k does seem a lot though even if you needed to replace every single fitting. If that's true someone is trying to make a lot of money out of Vale.

Norman, if you're reading this I'd be happy to review the quotes you've been given. Just PM me and I'll get in touch.

Don't hang about waiting for a call Melv, get on the blower poste haste :yes:

I've just posted on another thread about a family fun day. It would cost the club practically nothing but would potentially convert some youngsters into Vale fans.

I think it's a generalisation to say that "absolutely no... constructive way(s) of offering help" are put on this forum.

There are plenty of constructive ideas and there are plenty of non-constructive ideas.

That would be the same in any sports club that has a fanbase of thousands. The majority of fans, I would argue, care. That's why they offer their improvement suggestions. Their ideas may not always work or be practical (and perhaps mine on the other thread isn't) but I think the club would be much the poorer if the fans didn't come up with ideas, suggestions and improvements.

There have been plenty of times when the fans have helped - raising funds for the Sproson statue, taking action against the old owners (a move that allowed Paul Wildes and eventually Norman to take control), even raising money for Darren Beckford's signature many years ago.

So, just as it's right to say that not every idea is a good one, it's also wrong to stereotype all fans' suggestions as worthless and not constructive.

When I get views about this website, I look at the suggestions, disregard the ones that don't make sense and take onboard the ones that do make sense. Surely that's the right approach for the club to take as well.

After all, I'd rather have 20 suggestions - nineteen of which are awful and one of which is great, than no feedback or ideas at all.

Have you contributed to the 'positive' thread on how to help the chairman and club?

This is quite interesting about running costs, although it does apply to the Prem.

http://www.britishgas.co.uk/business/blog/how-much-do-floodlights-cost-clubs/

I assume the lights are on for 19 games to improve the TV view, and for grounds with little natural light that also use sun lamps to grow the grass. The running costs are small, the cost of the lamps and pylon replacement is the problem, as are the stands being further away from the pitch than other grounds.

The floodlights aren't PVFC's responsibility now though, unless there is a curious system where the tenant fixes the landlord's property for him.

Archived