onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Floodlights

Brown Edge Normski

Running a football club I guess is like spinning plates on poles leave the guy alone for gods sake he is doing his best and this lighting situation is probably only one of his list of problems!!

He is turning our football club around a damn site quicker than the other lot did in ten years when you look how far this club has come in two years

A question for Geo is when did you actually contribute anything to our club??

Melv....what's going be your bee in the bonnet next week last week it was clean sheets, this week it's floodlights!!

Seriously, give the guy a break I think he knows what needs to be done and I am confident we will get there eventually!!

The thread was started to discuss genuine concerns about visibility at games and possible concerns of penalties levied against the club at some future date... its what fans do... its partly what forums are about... a bit like discussing not having an effective defense or players being recalled by their parent club.

A question for carpetman 123... what has it got to do with you what I have contributed or offered to contribute to the club... at any time?

Advert

Running a football club I guess is like spinning plates on poles leave the guy alone for gods sake he is doing his best and this lighting situation is probably only one of his list of problems!!

He is turning our football club around a damn site quicker than the other lot did in ten years when you look how far this club has come in two years

A question for Geo is when did you actually contribute anything to our club??

Melv....what's going be your bee in the bonnet next week last week it was clean sheets, this week it's floodlights!!

Seriously, give the guy a break I think he knows what needs to be done and I am confident we will get there eventually!!

John someone mentioned specsavers earlier in the thread.Maybe you need to pay them a visit.Then you should be able to actually read what is actually being said.

I don't have a bee in my bonnet at all.I was joining in a topic started by Brown Edge Normski.I like other were showing concern about the possibility of a game being postponed or abandoned due to the floodlights problem.You do seem to have a problem though in that anyone who isn't singing Smurfs praises from the roof tops is anti Smurf.John I am in no way anti Smurf I want Smurf to do well with PVFC if he is doing well then PVFC will be doing well.The club has improved many fold from when he took over.Better off financially and football wise.No one has knocked him over this issue they have just asked genuine and valid question's.I starting to think that that for some reason whatever it may be that you will not say anything about Smurf because you have a fear of upsetting him.None of this is a dig at Smurf simply questions showing concerns which could possibly cost the club a heavy fine from the wonderful guys at the FA.

The thread was started to discuss genuine concerns about visibility at games and possible concerns of penalties levied against the club at some future date... its what fans do... its partly what forums are about... a bit like discussing not having an effective defense or players being recalled by their parent club.

A question for carpetman 123... what has it got to do with you what I have contributed or offered to contribute to the club... at any time?

For me bon ami the OP simply begged the question of 'poor lighting' which, as you say, is what we all do - more so in this day and age of 24/7 social media - and it seems others expressed a similar, genuine concern.

What disappoints me has been, in my opinion, the several vitriolic side swipes at Smurf indicating a lack of action in fixing one of a number issues in and around Vale Park and to get to and fix them.

My goodness me, our previous 'Custodians certainly 'fixed things' didn't they!?

Thanks to Smurf we are no longer battered and broken. A work in progress yes, but not down on our knees as before. :)

I thought we just had a live radio Q & A session with the Chairman? Nobody thought to raise the question?

Melv, if you are right about the cost of new bulbs (although this seems to conflict with the figure NS quotes) do you know who could carry out the work and how much the labour would be?

Mr Chairman, you have been advised before to think twice before entering a public debate like this (on here or on social media). Even better advice would be, just don't read the forum (or Twitter). Appoint someone to convey any REAL issues to you privately and consider your response, (if justified) before conveying it through the appropriate channels via that same employed person.

Yes Tone, labour costs plus the hire of a cheery picker would far outweigh the costs of supplies (bulbs).

I like your idea of appointing a 'Reader' - although I'm guessing his attention is already being drawn by others to the various issues raised on OVF :yes:

I agree, but any individual even remotely "in the public eye" is best advised not to read what the critics say. It could drive you insane.

For me bon ami the OP simply begged the question of 'poor lighting' which, as you say, is what we all do - more so in this day and age of 24/7 social media - and it seems others expressed a similar, genuine concern.

What disappoints me has been, in my opinion, the several vitriolic side swipes at Smurf indicating a lack of action in fixing one of a number issues in and around Vale Park and to get to and fix them.

My goodness me, our previous 'Custodians certainly 'fixed things' didn't they!?

Thanks to Smurf we are no longer battered and broken. A work in progress yes, but not down on our knees as before. :)

Sadly some people expect instant results and action Barry and seem disappointed when it doesnt happen, this brings about comments laden with frustration and sometimes anger about things that should have been done over many years prior to smurf taking control... its the man in the pub gone viral.

What particularly disappointed me was smurfs comments about fans, his disappointment at a fans initiative "only" raising £700 and shaking the "vale money tree".... considering the amount of money fans lost in the shares debacle, the losses fans suffered after buying "lifetime" season tickets, the increase in matchday prices and the location of the club its hardly surprising the donated total didnt reach into the millions... and I wont mention the "we dont want you .. go down stoke" comments

What seems strange to me is smurfs determination to make vitriolic sideswipes about the very people he wants or expects to help.

I thought we just had a live radio Q & A session with the Chairman? Nobody thought to raise the question?

Melv, if you are right about the cost of new bulbs (although this seems to conflict with the figure NS quotes) do you know who could carry out the work and how much the labour would be?

Mr Chairman, you have been advised before to think twice before entering a public debate like this (on here or on social media). Even better advice would be, just don't read the forum (or Twitter). Appoint someone to convey any REAL issues to you privately and consider your response, (if justified) before conveying it through the appropriate channels via that same employed person.

There was a thread raised earlier in the season about the floodlights and Norman stated it it was in hand since then there had been no update on the lights situation so people have reopened the debate.

Yes Tone, labour costs plus the hire of a cheery picker would far outweigh the costs of supplies (bulbs).

I like your idea of appointing a 'Reader' - although I'm guessing his attention is already being drawn by others to the various issues raised on OVF :yes:

Would hiring a miserable one be a bit cheaper? :unsure:

Oh the 'go on a cup run' wasnt a swipe at Norman then Geo? sarcastic comment if ever I heard one and Melv I am in no way afraid to 'upset' Norman I just think he is doing a good job and doesn't need the so called 'experts' on here to tell him want he needs to do!!

There are some people on here who think their comments are very clever but in actual fact are the opposite and need to get a life outside of punching keys on here 24/7

I agree with your statement Barry that the sideswipes at Smurf are getting very boring!!

Oh the 'go on a cup run' wasnt a swipe at Norman then Geo? sarcastic comment if ever I heard one and Melv I am in no way afraid to 'upset' Norman I just think he is doing a good job and doesn't need the so called 'experts' on here to tell him want he needs to do!!

There are some people on here who think their comments are very clever but in actual fact are the opposite and need to get a life outside of punching keys on here 24/7

I agree with your statement Barry that the sideswipes at Smurf are getting very boring!!

just a fact... its what he said

John you seem to leap to the defence of Smurf every time someone makes a comment about him or the club from your high horse.I seem to remember that you had a great deal to say about him when he first took over about the price rise for the box that you use.You even made a point that you had carpeted the box at your own expense.You later got work at the club from Smurf.Then surprise surprise your attitude changed.

99% of the comments on the thread are showing genuine concern.You also have mentioned about the clean sheets in this thread.John were you not at all concerned about the lack of clean sheets?Saturday Vale did very well and got a great result.They managed to keep a clean sheet,great.But that is only the second clean sheet of the season.Fingers crossed the defence improve and there are many more clean sheets to come.

would it cost to much to hire two mobile flood light like they use at cricket matches as I think smurfs quote is not only bulbs but also the wiring to the lights and new bulb holders as these might have to be replaced as well to take the new watt age

I like your idea of appointing a 'Reader' - although I'm guessing his attention is already being drawn by others to the various issues raised on OVF

Would hiring a miserable one be a bit cheaper? :unsure:

:laugh: Can I claim a senior moment? ;)

Archived