onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Floodlights

Brown Edge Normski

No we don't want to get a life we just want to be able to see the football match properly in 2014 the age of high technology. If you had sat in the Railway stand this afternoon and seen how dark it was in the corner towards the Bycars you wouldn't be making such a stupid statement. Remember it not only affects the vision of the spectators but more importantly the players. I've being going to VP since the floodlights were first installed and today it was probably worse than the original lights of all those years ago. There are also at least four lights out on the main stand.

Lots of people were commenting about the poor light where I sit and although there was a bit of mist I've seen it a lot worse without it being such a poor view!

Advert

So the team gets sorted, the shops full, we mend the floodlights..........what the hell are you going to moan about then? the plastic seats are cold ? !!!!!!!!

Ridiculous comments. This isn't a moan its a legitimate concern that needs addressing before it ends up costing us a hefty fine or a postponement/abandonment. As another fan has rightly stated, the light levels are the worst they have ever been at VP.

So the team gets sorted, the shops full, we mend the floodlights..........what the hell are you going to moan about then? the plastic seats are cold ? !!!!!!!!

Who ever mended the floodlights didn't do a very good job.A lot of bulbs are not working.The new pylon is in a horizontal position when it should be vertical.

The floodlights are terrible

Hamil half dont appear as bad

Bycars half is shocking

Smurf, if you read this - please sort it

Totally agree, I have thought this for a while, surely the floodlights must affect the players?

Visibility is restricted, surely they have been tested to see if they meet football league regulations regarding the lux factor?

Not a moan, fact.

They need sorting.

Totally agree, I have thought this for a while, surely the floodlights must affect the players?

Visibility is restricted, surely they have been tested to see if they meet football league regulations regarding the lux factor?

Not a moan, fact.

They need sorting.

Having a new system installed costs around £250,000 to £300,000 and there will be no central funding of any kind.Brightness is measured by the 'lux value' of lights.In the Championship the lux value has to be increased from 300-500 to 500-800 by the end of the 2014-15 campaign. Lighting strength in Leagues One and Two must rise from 210-350 to 300-500.

The strength of lights is measured by a series of 88 on-pitch readings taken with a light meter on a grid pattern and the League requires a test certificate and a chart to be submitted every two years.Failure to do so counts as misconduct,but there is no standard punishment.

The League would probably consider real financial difficulties faced by a club as mitigating circumstances in the short run,but ultimately they could, for example,require midweek fixtures to be played in the daytime which would cut attendances and revenues.

What is wrong with people, yes criticise people for complaining about silly things, but the non existent floodlights are a huge concern. I was half expecting the game to be postponed yesterday, I couldn't see anything! It would of been brighter if 4 men were standing on top of the floodlight pylons shining LED torches onto the pitch. The bulbs cost £3000 each, we probably need about 100 so that is quite expensive, but I don't understand why we haven't got any spares? Why don't we scrap the stupid pylons because surely shining light from 3 million miles in the sky is a waste, instead stick the ****** bulbs on top of the stand (yes I know that would involve a bit of wiring) but surely it'll save leccy bills, make them easier to access, and would require less bulbs.

The required light intensity level for Sky Bet Leagues 1 and 2 is a minimum of 500 Lux. This is measured with a Grid88 test, which basically divides the playing area into a grid of 8 x 11 cells. Horizontal light intensity tests are performed in each of these 88 cells and the average should be a minimum of 500 Lux. From what I've witnessed this season I would question whether the VP pitch falls within that threshold. There are certainly areas that clearly comply but other gloomy sections would drag the overall average below the 500 minimum. The area in front of the Bycars end Paddock and the corner in front of the disabled stand are noticeably poor.

Archived