onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Floodlights

Brown Edge Normski

People were simply raising a valid point and asking questions.No need for the Well I will just pop down to the PVFC Money tree and take 190k down for the lights condescending attitude.

Hardly condescending! Possibly borne of frustration, or simply a way of spelling out that it's a lot of money and is not immediately available.

Advert

That is spot on

Santa geosname melv u sad ****s

I have said that Smurf has put a lot of money,time and effort into the club and it is much appreciated.I want Smurf to do well with what he is doing with the club.If he is doing well then Vale are doing well.So please explain what is so sad about that?

The comments made about the floodlights are from genuine fans concerned fan's.They are concerned that there is a possibility of a match not being able to be played or postponed which in turn could cost the club a heavy fine.

I have said that Smurf has put a lot of money,time and effort into the club and it is much appreciated.I want Smurf to do well with what he is doing with the club.If he is doing well then Vale are doing well.So please explain what is so sad about that?

The comments made about the floodlights are from genuine fans concerned fan's.They are concerned that there is a possibility of a match not being able to be played or postponed which in turn could cost the club a heavy fine.

We aren't criticising smurf about the floodlights- or lack of, we're raising a genuine concern, there are less floodlights working than aren't, and its bordering on unplayable, it isn't smurfs fault, there should be spares, but it doesn't mean that this issue shouldnt be addressed.

A number of years ago the floodlights were paid for by approaching mobile phone operators and getting them to put masts on there.

Is it worth looking at going down this road again? Perhaps one or more of them would fund the floodlights in return for a 4G mast.

We aren't criticising smurf about the floodlights- or lack of, we're raising a genuine concern, there are less floodlights working than aren't, and its bordering on unplayable, it isn't smurfs fault, there should be spares, but it doesn't mean that this issue shouldnt be addressed.

Correct.Pity some people can't see that.

For heavens sake, this thread and most of the posts weren't knocking Smurf, they are genuine concerns about a serious subject for a professional football club. I think fans are just concerned about the club ending up with embarrassing publicity and an unwanted fine. Chill Norman.

For heavens sake, this thread and most of the posts weren't knocking Smurf, they are genuine concerns about a serious subject for a professional football club. I think fans are just concerned about the club ending up with embarrassing publicity and an unwanted fine. Chill Norman.

:yes::clap:

The metal halide lamps in the Vale floodlights look to me like they've been allowed to run way past the point at which they should have been changed. After a while the amount of light coming out of the lamps depreciates quite sharply, long before they actually fail.

I've had nearly thirty years experience as a lighting engineer and hope I know what I'm talking about. The solution - change the lamps. Problem is, it's expensive and I'm guessing that's why it hasn't been done.

I think we should put this subject to bed now folks. I am sure that the chairman has got the message that a lot of genuine supporters are very concerned about this problem which has raised nine pages of comments on here. Mr Smurfwaite is a very experienced business man and I am sure that he will address this issue as soon as possible if he can find the finances. Over to you Norman.

Running a football club I guess is like spinning plates on poles leave the guy alone for gods sake he is doing his best and this lighting situation is probably only one of his list of problems!!

He is turning our football club around a damn site quicker than the other lot did in ten years when you look how far this club has come in two years

A question for Geo is when did you actually contribute anything to our club??

Melv....what's going be your bee in the bonnet next week last week it was clean sheets, this week it's floodlights!!

Seriously, give the guy a break I think he knows what needs to be done and I am confident we will get there eventually!!

Archived