onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 1st Nov 2014, Colchester U v Port Vale, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

Agree. We can win this one and buck the trend. Kick start a good recovery by Vale. Everyone in this Division is capable of beating each other, depending on frame of mind usually. I think Vale are up for this. 1-0 to us.

It's a long long time since I last saw the Vale play at Colchester (saw them play three times at least at the old Layer Road ground)......and have taken a spur of the moment decision to trot down and watch them tomorrow.I'm on a First Great western train from Hereford to Paddington (got a Cricket Dinner at Lord's tonight) and have decided to add the new stadium to the list where I have seen The Vale play (incidentally I've seen them at all 92 grounds with the exception of Chelsea and Coventry......plus a score of non league and ex league grounds). Just rung their Ticket Office to arrange a ticket......most helpful......ticket for collection at the ground......but the alarm bells are ringing......it seems like another Wycombe/Oxford/Shrewsbury scenario......a deserted, sterile, faceless, anodyne, lifeless, Lego-style subuteo stadium akin to Fleetwood, Burton, Morecambe etc.......oh for the days of The Recreation Ground (Aldershot), Fellows Park (Walsall), The County Ground (Northampton) The Baseball Ground (Derby) The Dell(Southampton)......or in the case of the last two.....am I looking back through rose coloured spectacles due to the great results there?

Anyway, that's enough from me.......long boozy night ahead....paracetamol brekky then train from Fenchurch St or Liverpool St......or am I getting mixed up with trips to Southend?.........and the kind man at the Ticket Office even told me that there is a shuttle bus from the station to the ground........the day sounds just so perfect.....will my beloved Vale ruin it by conceding a 90+4 min deflected goal from a set piece?

Advert

It's a long long time since I last saw the Vale play at Colchester (saw them play three times at least at the old Layer Road ground)......and have taken a spur of the moment decision to trot down and watch them tomorrow.I'm on a First Great western train from Hereford to Paddington (got a Cricket Dinner at Lord's tonight) and have decided to add the new stadium to the list where I have seen The Vale play (incidentally I've seen them at all 92 grounds with the exception of Chelsea and Coventry......plus a score of non league and ex league grounds). Just rung their Ticket Office to arrange a ticket......most helpful......ticket for collection at the ground......but the alarm bells are ringing......it seems like another Wycombe/Oxford/Shrewsbury scenario......a deserted, sterile, faceless, anodyne, lifeless, Lego-style subuteo stadium akin to Fleetwood, Burton, Morecambe etc.......oh for the days of The Recreation Ground (Aldershot), Fellows Park (Walsall), The County Ground (Northampton) The Baseball Ground (Derby) The Dell(Southampton)......or in the case of the last two.....am I looking back through rose coloured spectacles due to the great results there?

Anyway, that's enough from me.......long boozy night ahead....paracetamol brekky then train from Fenchurch St or Liverpool St......or am I getting mixed up with trips to Southend?.........and the kind man at the Ticket Office even told me that there is a shuttle bus from the station to the ground........the day sounds just so perfect.....will my beloved Vale ruin it by conceding a 90+4 min deflected goal from a set piece?

Excellent post, and a refreshing break from the normal will we/?won't we? approach to away matches. Enjoy the dinner at Lords and though I expect a 1-1 draw tomorrow , who knows , perhaps a 94+4 min. lob over the U's keeper for a 2-1 win. UTV

Typical that Colchester have picked up recently but then again so have we (also typical that Chesterfield have slumped recently after beating us!). So, a tough trip expected but one where we have to be looking to win an away game. I think the first goal will be crucial so let's hope our defence can shock us all by keeping another clean sheet!

We need improved away form so let's start with this one. Dig in Vale!!

Does anybody have any suggestions as to where to park at their new ground - I've heard that there aren't too many places.

It was this palaver that put me off going! It's £6 to park and by the sound of it a total stitch-up with no other options locally.

Mere fans are the last concern when it comes to building these out-of-town grounds.

**** you Col U!!

It was this palaver that put me off going! It's £6 to park and by the sound of it a total stitch-up with no other options locally.

Mere fans are the last concern when it comes to building these out-of-town grounds.

**** you Col U!!

There are definitely no other options - fortunately I'll be parking in a fellow Vale fan's drive and walking to the ground. You wonder why they do it - with their crowds you'd think they'd be doing everything they could to attract away fans but there's no accounting for some folk.

There are definitely no other options - fortunately I'll be parking in a fellow Vale fan's drive and walking to the ground. You wonder why they do it - with their crowds you'd think they'd be doing everything they could to attract away fans but there's no accounting for some folk.

It isn't good since if you look at the area around their stadium, there is plenty more room to expand the parking.

I'll still be going, but it looks like the station car park and then a bus to the ground. It just begs the question as to why build a ground next to a junction by the A12!!!

True that. One of Micky's failings was picking the team that won the last game, not the team that will win the next

Agreed. I could see a logic in it from a player confidence perspective but that's where people like Mourinho are tactically supreme as they are meticulous in focusing on how to win each game and the strengths and weaknesses of a particular opposition.

To be fair Dave we did ok for goals last week :)

And if we can persuade Colchester to turn out with only ten men we'll be OK. :(

I don't see us getting anything out of this one. A good record at home and our bad one away - makes sense to forecast a home win. Would welcome a better result but I honestly can't see us getting one.

Archived