onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Back Micky!

ValeForever.

Advert

Some may call it blind optimism but it's just my view that we stick with him. We've had a good few years under Micky, he hasn't become a bad manager over night. Look at Donny away, ppl were saying best away performance in many a year, i remind you all this was 3/4 weeks ago. Granted we look a poor outfit at the moment and void of any ideas... but come on guys, less than 10 games in... massive knee jerk reaction. You wouldn't even contemplate sacking a manager so hastily 20 years ago, why now?

Stick at it Micky, I'm behind you & i believe we have a squad which can still finish top half. It's all about confidence and the manager, players and fans are running very low at the moment. I agree it's Mickys job to resolve this and i believe he will. The grass isn't always greener, things will change given time.

UTV

It's very difficult to keep faith in Adams after watching two of the most inept performances in years over the last four days. The manner of the defeats is the most concerning. Apart from the Notts County game where we did everything but score, all the defeats were fair results where we've simply been not good enough.

I keep hearing the argument that we are a new team that needs time, well that's never going to happen if four changes are made every week. He doesn't know his best side. Of the new players that have been brought in only Marshall can be considered a success. Is Visali better than Yates? No. Is McGivern better than Robertson? No. And his tactics and faith in certain individuals is bizarre. So Adams is clearly failing at the most basic jobs of a football manager.

So is it time for a change? Yes I think so but he won't quit and can we afford to sack him? but then again can we afford not to?

Even if MA sorts it out the football will continue to be very poor quality.

Was the football on show at Doncaster very poor quality? I cant remember anybody not saying that it was the best all round away performance for years? That certainly suggests that this group has the ability to turn in good eye catching performances. They are chronically lacking in confidence (Management and team), and at present we struggle to do the basics right. However, it is too early to say that this team is not capable of playing decent football! IMO opinion, the glaring mistake from MA this year was the hiring of a dominant centre half. That was plain to see. Whether we come out of this rut under MA or not, I suspect that there are a few players who may have already played their last game for Vale as they have been absolutely nowhere. Birchall's and Daniels display last night beggared belief, and Duffy doesn't need to be seen in and around the first team for a long time! There as of course, plenty more to choose from. I felt a little for Veseli last night, who quite clearly had to cover for Duffy as well as take his own man. Add in the fact that Birchall never offered any protection (tactics or not???), then he never really had much of a chance.

We have lost 6 on the bounce, im not one for excuses but lets put this into context... Nott County we dominated, one of those games. Cardiff... decent effort, lost against a side playing prem last year. Chesterfield, poor. Peterborough, top of the league away. Crewe away... poor result but they were alwas gona pick up points at some stage, destined to be against us. Bristol City, top of the league.

So, to put in some perspective... we've played the top 2, been robbed against county... Chesterfield &.Crewe poor granted.

Smurf, do not make any hasty decisions over Adams as it is proven this does not work! We had a similar spell during our promotion campaign remember... Bristol Rovers away!?!? We went on to be promoted & finish 9th in league 1 the following season.

For what it's worth, my shout is to stick with Micky. He will turn it around. Confidence is a massive massive factor in sport, without it teams can go from world beaters to non runners... look at Utd.

The players need to play without fear which is easier said than done, that's the only difference between most teams in league 1... confidence.

I hope Micky is given some more time... Bristol City were bottom this time last year. Keep the faith & accept the rough with the smooth.

6/7 games is nothing & Micky deserves a fair crack. Come on Micky, prove them wrong! Anyone who denies we have a better starting 11 than last season is a joker. Give it 25 games minimum.....

Come on lads, sort it out!

Craziest post I've read in a while. I've honestly had enough of our brand of 'football'. It's Crap to watch & isn't getting results. Where are the positives?

For a start we didn't dominate Notts County. Shall we start picking over games towards the end of last season too?

Who can forget Swindon at home, Notts County away, Crewe at home. Need I go on?

I agree Smugsy. The last couple of games have been dire but when you look at the bigger picture as well we've only won 8 games since January which is extremely poor.

None of the signings have impressed me so far (other than perhaps Slew looks a reasonable prospect) and Adams brought these players to the club with the chairman's backing so he has to take responsibility for that. The manager still hasn't addressed the woeful defence which has been poor for seasons now. We needed at least two commanding centre-halves and he failed to bring them in. I'd take John McCombe when you look at this shower at the back.

He messed around over the summer with his contract and then the majority of signings he has brought in are all midfielders. O'Connor has been the biggest let-down for me so far, what was all the fuss about? I haven't even noticed him on the pitch. I said last night you could bring a ****** Gary Roberts back into the side and he'd do better than any of our current midfield.

That's not forgetting that players like Dodds, Williamson etc who have never been and will never be good enough are still at the club.

What have we got to lose by sacking him?

Nothing Alan.Financially he gets the same payoff now or when we go back to League 2 unless there is something in the contract to the contrary.Getting rid now gives someone else half a chance to sort things out.Those interested please form an orderly queue down Hamiil Road.( there will be plenty)

Some may call it blind optimism but it's just my view that we stick with him. We've had a good few years under Micky, he hasn't become a bad manager over night. Look at Donny away, ppl were saying best away performance in many a year, i remind you all this was 3/4 weeks ago. Granted we look a poor outfit at the moment and void of any ideas... but come on guys, less than 10 games in... massive knee jerk reaction. You wouldn't even contemplate sacking a manager so hastily 20 years ago, why now?

Stick at it Micky, I'm behind you & i believe we have a squad which can still finish top half. It's all about confidence and the manager, players and fans are running very low at the moment. I agree it's Mickys job to resolve this and i believe he will. The grass isn't always greener, things will change given time.

UTV

Football has changed, and that donny performance was clearly a one off, they also seem **** at home and are yet to win there...

Don't be to hasty to judge mickey adams we are playing a vertual new side with all the players he has replaced they need time to read how each other play it's not instant,when it happens someone is in for a tupping lets hope sooner than later.come on the Vale
I wish that I could dream like you. At the moment all I keep dreaming about is falling into a black hole called League 2. I think that it isn't a dream but either a nightmare or a fact.

Archived