onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Posh 3 Vale 1 - Post Match Comments

melv

Wasn't really expecting a good result today.It was always going to be a hard game.But the issue is the amount of goals we concede time and time again.We can't keep a clean sheet for the life of us.The defending has been poor for a while.Smurf has backed Adams,give him money to spend to improve the squad.There little sign of any improvement in the defending.Time for Adams and his staff to get their act together.I know it's still early season but this need's to be sorted SOON.Over to you Micky.

I've been saying the same now for a while in numerous postings! Get a grip Mickey please.

Advert

I stated last week that because of the amount of goals conceded at home in a week, MA had to make changes which he did. However the goals conceded today were criminal. A shot from 20 yds by Maddison was straight from a throw in! The 2nd goal had 3 on 3 as the ball came in from a cross, unfortunately all 3 of our players lost their players leaving them completely unmarked in the penalty box They were queuing up to get their head on the ball. The 3rd goal was another shot from distance that Neal should have saved. All 3 goals were schoolboy errors!

As Melv has stated this needs sorting because I cannot believe we have a squad full of useless defenders. Comments were made last week that we need a defensive midfielder to shield the defence however I fail to see how such a player could have prevented any of the goals from being conceded today. I could not work out if our defenders were marking man-to-man or "zonnal" however our issues continue despite a week of training where the problems of the previous week should have been sorted.

A real worry considering that at the moment the bookies appear to be right about our squad being relegation contenders.

Adams mentioned in his post match interview about Posh being a good team.Give them time and space and they will hurt you.For the second goal there were two unmarked men in the box (according to RS)So what went wrong,what did they work on during the week building up to the game?

Seen it on Sky Melv.Embarrassing,McGivern went ballistic.Not 2 ,there were 3 Posh players unmarked.

Seen it on Sky Melv.Embarrassing,McGivern went ballistic.Not 2 ,there were 3 Posh players unmarked.

Makes it even worse then.Especially when Adams mentioned about them being a good team who will hurt you if you give them time and space.Some serious work needs to be done both on and off the pitch.

Do we have to play Veselis as part of the loan agreement?

Think he needs to be dropped and try something else.

MA's and his team need to look at the defence and sort it out. Looks like midfield and defence don't like each other at the moment and don't talk to each other.

If he has to be played, which is probably so following Paul Dickov's comments about loan players on this afternoon's Sky Sports Centre, and he thinks that he is a centre half, why doesn't Micky play him at centre half and plays Yates at right back. Yates may not be the best but in my opinion, he is better than Robertson. We certainly conded plenty of headers from set-pieces when Robertson plays (fact).

Makes it even worse then.Especially when Adams mentioned about them being a good team who will hurt you if you give them time and space.Some serious work needs to be done both on and off the pitch.

Adams mentioned 'lack of communication'.Not sure if he meant the players or himself?

Lets face it. We could have 6 in midfield and none up front but it will still be lumped forward to nobody. No point in changing systems if we don't play to the strength of that system. It's all down to Adams and I just can't work him out. If we are looking the same after 10 games I shall be very worried.

Before the game, I thought it was a bit worrying when Micky said he was hoping to get a response from the players, if not on Saturday, then in the coming weeks. Did he mean he doubted we would get anything today? It certainly looks as if it transmitted itself to the players. The worry is that you can't turn form on and off like a tap and next week is going to be equally as difficult. Crewe always raise their game against the Vale and we can't take anything for granted as badly as they're playing. Micky really needs to sort this out - if Crewe get their first win at our expense, the pressure will really be on.

They can do all the work they want on the training ground with Adams and page but as soon as they cross that white line you've got to hope that as pros they can do their jobs and pick runners up from corners and crosses.

I think we have wasted a few signings like the lad from Ipswich as In my view he's no better or worse than Adam Yates.

We were always going to find it rough today but the big test is Crewe where we have to get three points. Everyone is stuffing them.

I will say once more about the style of play. It's horrible to watch and that's why we are not creating chances for the striker.

But it's clear that Micky Adams doesn't build a side on quick passing football.

We played the formation everyone wanted us two, Marshall and Moore on the wings and pope up top by himself, other than that it would have been the usual 442.

Didn't we play it for 45 minutes until slew came on?

Also the formation is only a part of it. It's pointless playing the extra midfielder if you are only going to hoof the ball over them. We just end up with one less effective player this way. And getting the players moving a bit more would be good. Though there's no point passing and moving if it's being hoofed.

I'm in no rush to pay £25 next home game.

On my way back....£26 lighter.

Not much to say....poor defensively (that's being polite)....poor final third...no plan b....outclassed.

I genuinely think we have the players to do well. I just don't think the manager is getting the best out of them.

Marshal gave it his all yet again.

Didn't we play it for 45 minutes until slew came on?

Also the formation is only a part of it. It's pointless playing the extra midfielder if you are only going to hoof the ball over them. We just end up with one less effective player this way. And getting the players moving a bit more would be good. Though there's no point passing and moving if it's being hoofed.

I'm in no rush to pay £25 next home game.

Our defending is horrific could be 5 each next week

Archived