onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Posh 3 Vale 1 - Post Match Comments

melv

I think doncaster are rubbish mate. They must be going off our performances so far this season!!

I didn't think Peterborough were anything special, it just annoys me to see the quality we have in our team not being utilised to their full potential, because on paper today i'd go as far as saying we had a stronger team.

Advert

I didn't think Peterborough were anything special, it just annoys me to see the quality we have in our team not being utilised to their full potential, because on paper today i'd go as far as saying we had a stronger team.

tbh I thought the same looking at the lineups before the game.

their team is nowhere near as good as what they've had in the past.

5 defeats on the trot is usually a manager's lot. The games after are also tougher for the Vale, perhaps he feels under pressure?

So he should failure has become the norm and we are now alongside crewe as the wipping boys of the division changing the team every week is a desparate tactic and you wonder whats happening in training during the week are we watching videos of the last debacle instead of getting fitter and learning how to press the ball and match opponents physicallly for a start

What now? Major changes today and seemingly no response.

Duffy on bench??

I'm not a massive Yates fan but.....

Lines shopping in Hanley this afternoon.

Next Saturday will be vital but tbh it will only be a one-off. Not sure where we go from here. Down to the lake I fear....

I can't agree that the goals weren't down to defensive errors. I thought we started the game well and were unfortunate to go behind on the balance of play but to be honest, their first goal was schoolboy stuff. We just went to sleep at their thrown in. I don't know who was supposed to be picking up Madison from the throw but he was left in oceans of room and shot in unopposed. Their second goal was just as bad. They had a free kick to the right outside of the box. Slew was supposed to be marking Vassell - you could see him as the free kick was being lined up bobbing this way and that in beside Vassell. Then the kick came in and Slew just totally let him go. I'm not sure you can blame Adams from individual players going to sleep at key moments?? After both of those goals, McGivern went absolutely ballistic - and he wasn't the only one.

John Rudge was there by the way,

I can't agree that the goals weren't down to defensive errors. I thought we started the game well and were unfortunate to go behind on the balance of play but to be honest, their first goal was schoolboy stuff. We just went to sleep at their thrown in. I don't know who was supposed to be picking up Madison from the throw but he was left in oceans of room and shot in unopposed. Their second goal was just as bad. They had a free kick to the right outside of the box. Slew was supposed to be marking Vassell - you could see him as the free kick was being lined up bobbing this way and that in beside Vassell. Then the kick came in and Slew just totally let him go. I'm not sure you can blame Adams from individual players going to sleep at key moments?? After both of those goals, McGivern went absolutely ballistic - and he wasn't the only one.

Completely agree on the individual errors front, as like you said it was schoolboy, Adams can't be blamed for that. My problem is that if we actually tried to play through O'Conner, Jennings, Brown etc.. instead of over them I think we would do a lot better.

IMO one of our worst defenders is Dicko.

Constantly out of position, poor distribution, lack of pace.

Unfortunately he is now undroppable.

It is clear to see Veseli is not a full-back but he is good in the air.

Back 4 of Yates, Duffy, Veseli, McGivern may not be too bad.

Duffy reads the game well, Yates is steady, McGivern good on the ball.

Just a thought.

I aren't panicking yet but I will if Crewe turn us over....then of course is the potential points deduction...

Time for a drink methinks!!!

I can't agree that the goals weren't down to defensive errors. I thought we started the game well and were unfortunate to go behind on the balance of play but to be honest, their first goal was schoolboy stuff. was supposed to We just went to sleep at their thrown in. I don't know who be picking up Madison from the throw but he was left in oceans of room and shot in unopposed. Their second goal was just as bad. They had a free kick to the right outside of the box. Slew was supposed to be marking Vassell - you could see him as the free kick was being lined up bobbing this way and that in beside Vassell. Then the kick came in and Slew just totally let him go. I'm not sure you can blame Adams from individual players going to sleep at key moments?? After both of those goals, McGivern went absolutely ballistic - and he wasn't the only one.

Conna blame manager for those schoolboy errors!!Vale players need to have a close look at themselves and ****** turn up next Saturday.They owe us big time.Lines shopping in Hanley today,if true,is a disgrace!!!!He's on a good salary and part of the team!!

We played well first half, no hoof ball, the second goal was the worst 3 men unmarked on the far post. Marshall motm again, Robertson had a good game especially first half, Slew looked sharp and when fully match fit will be a good player.

Very glad to read that.

Can anyone else who went to the game second that review?

I listened to the game on Valiant Player and THJValiant's summary was very much as the commentary described it without the remarks about Pope. Two of Peterborough's goals were good strikes, Vale played well.

Conna blame manager for those schoolboy errors!!Vale players need to have a close look at themselves and ****** turn up next Saturday.They owe us big time.Lines shopping in Hanley today,if true,is a disgrace!!!!He's on a good salary and part of the team!!

Apparently he and another player were told don't bother turning up today.

Depends if he goes to Carlisle.

Let's hope he doesn't. If Micky doesn't stamp his authority on the Crewe game, Norman may be stamping his on the management and if he does, we may well need someone to pull the irons out of the fire.

I'm not advocating a change in manager - we owe Micky a great deal and I hope he succeeds. But if we lose five in a row, and the fifth to the worst team in the league, then more than alarm bells may be ringing. Our League One status has been too hard won to be lost to sentiment.

UTV.

Archived