onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Posh 3 Vale 1 - Post Match Comments

melv

Before the game, I thought it was a bit worrying when Micky said he was hoping to get a response from the players, if not on Saturday, then in the coming weeks. Did he mean he doubted we would get anything today? It certainly looks as if it transmitted itself to the players. The worry is that you can't turn form on and off like a tap and next week is going to be equally as difficult. Crewe always raise their game against the Vale and we can't take anything for granted as badly as they're playing. Micky really needs to sort this out - if Crewe get their first win at our expense, the pressure will really be on.

If we loose again its up to smurf to show his metall his first real test as chairman has he got ambition for the club or is he bratt in disguise

Advert

The worrying thing for me is that after Crewe we have Bristol City, Barnsley, Bradford, Fleetwood and Preston in the next 6 games. They're all currently in the top 10.

If after 12 games we're 18th or lower we are going to be right in a relegation battle. Thats not even taken into account the Micky Adams' second half of the season slump.

We can't keep a clean sheet. Bar Williamson against Hartlepool no-one apart from Pope looks like scoring. Micky doesn't know who his best keeper is, let alone his best formation.

Is Micky the man to take us forward?

What did he do wrong today? What would Yates have done better?

He drifts into the centre too much. I've nothing against him and hope he turns it around but today he was very poor. Their number 7 had the free reign of the pitch as he went walking all the time away from his position. He isn't a right back, he's probably very good in the middle but he is not a decent right back.

Just got in from the game and I thought we played very well. There was little "hoof ball", certainly in the first half where we passed it around well. Michael Brown seemed to shore up the defence and despite the leaked goals, only. 1 was down to defensive errors. Robertson and McGivern looked good. I would say this is our current strongest possible line up. I think we need to keep this defensive line and it will work. Veseli made a few good runs and can help to inject some pace in getting the ball forward.

Our best player was Mark Marshall who looked fantastic and really caused them trouble. The big let downs were our star players doing poorly. Pope was totally ineffective and seemed to expect chances to fall to him, while Moore was good in the first half but lost the ball too often as he tired in the 2nd. McConnor was also poor considering his reputation and came off injured at half time.

Overall it wasn't bad and we can still do very well this season.

In answer to people wondering why Veseli is coming in for stick to day... He was dire! He left their winger in acres of space all day and wandered around aimlessly towards the centre of defence. Marshall was AGAIN Vale's man of the Match. He run his nuts off and every time he got the ball he posed a threat.

Hoof ball again when Popey was on the pitch. Good to see Slew get a good goal and he hit the cross bar soon after too.

I personally feel we do have the players to give us a good season, BUT they need to believe in themselves and each other and they must be crying out for a decent coach to knock them into some sort of shape.

Still, I enjoyed the real ale on offer in local pub and frankly, like most, feared we were not really going to win, so nowt lost today BUT Christ we have got to get going,soon!!

Just got in from the game and I thought we played very well. There was little "hoof ball", certainly in the first half where we passed it around well. Michael Brown seemed to shore up the defence and despite the leaked goals, only. 1 was down to defensive errors. Robertson and McGivern looked good. I would say this is our current strongest possible line up. I think we need to keep this defensive line and it will work. Veseli made a few good runs and can help to inject some pace in getting the ball forward.

Our best player was Mark Marshall who looked fantastic and really caused them trouble. The big let downs were our star players doing poorly. Pope was totally ineffective and seemed to expect chances to fall to him, while Moore was good in the first half but lost the ball too often as he tired in the 2nd. McConnor was also poor considering his reputation and came off injured at half time.

Overall it wasn't bad and we can still do very well this season.

Very glad to read that.

Can anyone else who went to the game second that review?

Very glad to read that.

Can anyone else who went to the game second that review?

I was at the game, and I musn't of been watching the same thing, as there was ALOT of hoof ball. Same old really. I think Doncaster must of been a fluke. Rubbish.

I was at the game, and I musn't of been watching the same thing, as there was ALOT of hoof ball. Same old really. I think Doncaster must of been a fluke. Rubbish.

I think doncaster are rubbish mate. They must be going off our performances so far this season!!

Archived