onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

"Illegal migrants in Calais should be sent to Britain!"

Pheonix Vale

Solution - Dont let canvas sided lorries leave/enter the country

Make sure all Lorries are sealed units, air tight and have vacuum sealed doors.

Make all lorries have to be sealed and filled with CO2 before entering the UK.

Make ALL LORRY DRIVERS and Their Parent Company's managing director personally responsible for any Illegalls found in the Lorries.

Make entering the Coquell enclave, without the correct documentation a criminal offence and liable to a 5 year prison sentence, without remission and DEPORTATION to run consecutively. (Currently the solution is to release without any action being taken)

Sorted

It is not possible to impose the use of box vehicles rather than curtain siders on every haulage company who delivers goods into or exports from the UK, nor is it feasible, financially viable, operationally possible or, in some cases, safe to do so. Are you also suggesting we ban flat beds with canvas covers?

I am sorry but as solutions go thats a particularly poor one.

Mounting laser guided machine guns/missile pods on top of the cabs however, thats a much better solution. Not only would it get rid of the illegals it would be great for ridding the country of lane hoggers and people who pull out of junctions without looking. :D

Advert

It is not possible to impose the use of box vehicles rather than curtain siders on every haulage company who delivers goods into or exports from the UK, nor is it feasible, financially viable, operationally possible or, in some cases, safe to do so. Are you also suggesting we ban flat beds with canvas covers?

I am sorry but as solutions go thats a particularly poor one.

Mounting laser guided machine guns/missile pods on top of the cabs however, thats a much better solution. Not only would it get rid of the illegals it would be great for ridding the country of lane hoggers and people who pull out of junctions without looking. :D

Hahaha

All excellent points IMO re the Middle east and Africa

As to "illegal immigrants"...seems reasonable as they are trying to use illegal means to enter the UK. A lot of refugees are illegal immigrants, just with a very good reason for their illegal immigration and long may the UK continue to offer a haven to those fleeing oppression etc.

Trouble is,how do you recognise whether any of them belong to ISIL?

Trouble is,how do you recognise whether any of them belong to ISIL?

If we stopped paying benefits to immigrants then it would be easy, those who were still coming would be ISIL (joking, just about....)

That is the main problem, how do you seperate cases of genuine need from those who are a potential threat. I dont see the answer if I'm honest so maybe the question should be is the right to safe haven more important than the right to expect our government to do everything in their power to keep us safe. By us I mean everyone who lives here before the nit pickers start.

Its always going to be a trade off but perhaps if us and the US stopped trying to impose our ways on the rest of the world at gunpoint it would be less of a problem.

Just out of curiosity - how many of the 'illegal immigrants' make it to the USA?

To be fair,they take border control a bit more seriously than us,if you haven't paid your tv licence over here you'll struggle to get a visa to visit their country.

To be fair,they take border control a bit more seriously than us,if you haven't paid your tv licence over here you'll struggle to get a visa to visit their country.

Cheers Mon'Ami, and that's what I was trying to flesh out in my question - the politics of border control.

Australia is currently under fire from the UN due to our current Prime Minister's policy of 'Stop the Boats'. Prior to his election, and under the previous Government, 50K plus illegal immigrants landed on our shores - many of whom were said to be economic rather than persecuted or displaced people fleeing desperate situations.

We still take those said to be genuine asylum seekers, but they are processed off shore (another major concern for many Australians and the UN).

• 2 weeks later...

It's getting out of hand now. Having to close the tunnel leaving thousands of brits unable to go on holiday, get to work or even get home.

We should take some radical action and say those found illegally entering the UK will be shot on sight. I wouldn't mind but we're a small island, stay in the other 20 countries you have had to travel through to come here, they are only coming for benefits and a free life, not safety. They offer nothing to benefit our country and leech off the tax payers.

Plus before anyone shouts racist etc. I am quite happy for legal migrants to enter and stay in the UK. Even claim asylum if required, but as long as that money stays in the UK and improves our economy. Usually the majority of the handouts paid to asylum seekers ends up going back to their "home" and deflates our economy.

Archived