onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

"Illegal migrants in Calais should be sent to Britain!"

Pheonix Vale

Swarm-

Noun - a great number of things or persons, especially in motion

Verb - to move about, along, forth, etc., in great numbers, as things or persons.

to congregate, hover, or occur in groups or multitudes; be exceedingly numerous, as in a place or area.

(of a place) to be thronged or overrun; abound or teem:

Seems pretty accurate to me

It's the situation that is dehumanising, not the use of the word swarm

Advert

Many legitimate asylum seekers enter illegally so won't they be shot before they get the chance to legitimately claim asylum?

They can claim asylum in FRANCE ! It had a bill of rights before we did - Oh they don't give out free money though

Why in Gods name do people think that having arrived in France the LEGITIMATE asylum seekers don't say "Hey Free Country - I claim asylum."

FRANCE dont give em anything - we give em everything ,

Why dont they just go a bit North and claim asylum in Belgium - No they still dont get anywhere near as much as they get in the stupid UK .

They can claim asylum in FRANCE ! It had a bill of rights before we did - Oh they don't give out free money though

Why in Gods name do people think that having arrived in France the LEGITIMATE asylum seekers don't say "Hey Free Country - I claim asylum."

Why dont they just go a bit North and claim asylum in Belgium - No they still dont get anywhere near as much as they get in the stupid UK .

Your post is ill-informed, inflammatory and nationalistic in the extreme. The word 'we 'includes a lot of people who may be happy to help genuine asylum seekers, be careful how you use it.

If you check you will find France actually gives more to asylum seekers per week than the UK, for single and married people without children.

from bbc website-

Both France and the UK offer cost-of-living benefits, for food, clothing, toiletries and so on, for those awaiting an asylum decision.

In the UK the system is known as Section 95 support, and is given to those unable to feed themselves. Its entitlements are £72.52 a week for a married couple or a couple in a civil partnership. Lone parents over 18 get £43.94 and single people of this age £36.95. Those aged 16 to 18 get £39.80 and under-16s get £52.96.

The French system is more simple. As of January this year, the allowance for adults was 11.45 euros (£8.13) a day. This equates to 80.15 euros (£56.82) a week.

This is higher than any adult rate in the UK

full article - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33268521

Your post is ill-informed, inflammatory and nationalistic in the extreme. The word 'we 'includes a lot of people who may be happy to help genuine asylum seekers, be careful how you use it.

If you check you will find France actually gives more to asylum seekers per week than the UK, for single and married people without children.

from bbc website-

Both France and the UK offer cost-of-living benefits, for food, clothing, toiletries and so on, for those awaiting an asylum decision.

In the UK the system is known as Section 95 support, and is given to those unable to feed themselves. Its entitlements are £72.52 a week for a married couple or a couple in a civil partnership. Lone parents over 18 get £43.94 and single people of this age £36.95. Those aged 16 to 18 get £39.80 and under-16s get £52.96.

The French system is more simple. As of January this year, the allowance for adults was 11.45 euros (£8.13) a day. This equates to 80.15 euros (£56.82) a week.

This is higher than any adult rate in the UK

full article - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33268521

Thats for people claiming legitimate asylum. Once they have been approved they get more from us.

My point was in response to G4E..if we shoot first then we'll never identify the legitimate ones to send back to France.

Thats for people claiming legitimate asylum. Once they have been approved they get more from us.

I never said it wasn't. The poster I replied to just referred to 'asylum seekers' getting benefits, there is reason to think he meant legitimate ones, as illegitimate ones don't. You just want to pick an argument with anyone who posts it eeems.

I don't think that is the case; France is pretty generous too although I can't say whether more or less as it's a complex area. It may simply be that the UK is PERCEIVED by immigrants as offering more..I doubt many of them are experts on the relative merits of different country's benefits systems..they only know what they are told

They may feel they have more chance of work in the UK and may also feel rightly or wrongly that we are a more tolerant society where they are more likely to be accepted. I suspect the reasons they strive to get to the UK are complex and in many cases not based on solid information

I wonder what the figures are for genuine asylum seekers claiming asylum in the first EU country they get to? Do we only hear of those that don't do that??

I can't believe what I've been reading around this Calais issue on all platforms of social media recently. One of the poor Sudanese chaps was crushed by a lorry and killed and all I've seen is "send 'em back", "send the army in", "shoot them"? Aren't we meant to be a civilised race; humans? Absolutely astounding. Impoverished people from a war torn country and some can't find within themselves a little bit of sympathy and goodwill? Disgusting.

The vast majority of these poor people leave Africa to get to the EU from Libya.

The country that encouraged the destruction of Libya, and also made sure there is no peace in the Middle East, Iraq, and Afghanistan should be generous enough to take at least half of them - especially as it is the richest country in the world, and large enough to absorb the numbers too.

Offered the chance of a safe passage to the USA 95 per cent or more would take it, so Obama - show some responsibility and compassion, open your borders and provide passage and provide assistance when they arrive on your shores, and prove you can help your European allies who are not just there to do as you tell them.

I can't believe what I've been reading around this Calais issue on all platforms of social media recently. One of the poor Sudanese chaps was crushed by a lorry and killed and all I've seen is "send 'em back", "send the army in", "shoot them"? Aren't we meant to be a civilised race; humans? Absolutely astounding. Impoverished people from a war torn country and some can't find within themselves a little bit of sympathy and goodwill? Disgusting.

Are they civilised when they are threatening lorry drivers and families with knives and guns?

If they are genuine asylum seekers fleeing poverty and suffering, why are they not claiming asylum in the first western country they arrive in (Italy/Spain/France)?

There needs to be more done by other countries to resolve this, instead of putting all the pressure on the UK. Why aren't the French encouraging them to claim asylum there instead of palming them off on us?

We need to stop pussyfooting around and get a grip of the situation which is costing our economy

What would you do, honest question...... - it has to cost less than £250m a day, and not break international laws.

Well for a start I'd be putting a lot more pressure on the French,the problem lies on their soil.The French pretend the Calais crisis is Britain’s problem but it is pathetic dereliction of duty under European law.Under the Dublin Convention,migrants are supposed to claim asylum in the first safe EU country they reach,on the France/Italy border French officers refuse migrants entry into their country,saying it is Italy’s responsibility to process claims.Talk about passing the buck?

Archived