onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

"Illegal migrants in Calais should be sent to Britain!"

Pheonix Vale

Not sure how the deportation would work and even if we did what's to stop them coming back? We are already introducing changes re unemployment benfits to cut them after a shorter length of time..all part of making the UK a less attractive place to come to

Anyway the real problem is pefectly legal immigration by people who do find work but undercut the locals in doing so

Advert

I don't hear Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE etc offering them political asylum, don't those countries need workers, have mega funds to pay them and have religion as a common interest with many of them. I feel sorry for these people but the world has to share this burden not just Europe and in particular the UK.

I don't hear Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE etc offering them political asylum,

Why would they? Political asylum from what?

don't those countries need workers, have mega funds to pay them and have religion as a common interest with many of them. I feel sorry for these people but the world has to share this burden not just Europe and in particular the UK.

The world does share the burden..1000s of refugees in Turkey, Afghan refugees in Iran, out of milions of Syrian refugees we've taken in a very small number, millions of them have fled to Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan and Iraq..

I did a quick serch...

http://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/latest/news/4144_uk_resettles_just_50_refugees_from_syria

http://syrianrefugees.eu/

http://reliefweb.int/report/lebanon/qatar-charity-projects-offer-lifeline-syrian-refugees-lebanon

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2013/Jan-04/200809-qatar-welcomes-first-group-of-refugees.ashx#axzz3CSrYiRja

http://www.gulf-times.com/Mobile/Qatar/178/details/377974/Qatar-pledges-$60mn-aid-for-Syrian-refugees

It continues to be wildly inaccurate to suggest countries in the region are doing nothing

Why would they? Political asylum from what?

This thread refers to the migrants who head for the UK via France and have been doing so for the last 30 years or so rather than the recent upheaval in Syria and Iraq.

Why wouldn't Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE etc and the other oil rich arab counties be offering these people Political asylum, homes and a chance of a new life, why shouldn't they and why shouldn't they do more. Why do you think they shouldn't and since many of the migrants follow Islam why don't they head for Islamic countries.

Qatar is employing thousands of migrant workers, many of them muslims, but they generally won't give citizenship or the benefits a Qatari citizen has, why is this.

The world does share the burden..1000s of refugees in Turkey, Afghan refugees in Iran, out of milions of Syrian refugees we've taken in a very small number, millions of them have fled to Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan and Iraq..

I did a quick serch...

It continues to be wildly inaccurate to suggest countries in the region are doing nothing

You're on the wrong thread.

This thread refers to the migrants who head for the UK via France and have been doing so for the last 30 years or so rather than the recent upheaval in Syria and Iraq.

I know..the points apply to both..many of those rrting to enter the UK aer form the middle East, Sudan etc

Why wouldn't Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE etc and the other oil rich arab counties be offering these people Political asylum,

If it's political asylum they are fter we should be welcoming them and giving them safe haven. Why would you not want us to do that?

I though they were econimic migrants looking for a batter life and that was the issue?

Why do you think they shouldn't and since many of the migrants follow Islam why don't they head for Islamic countries.

I'm confused....if they are looking for a better life financially then they are obvioulsy going to head for Europe and the UK. You seem to be confusing econimic migrants with those seeking asylum

Qatar is employing thousands of migrant workers, many of them muslims, but they generally won't give citizenship or the benefits a Qatari citizen has, why is this.p

Probably for the same reasons that we don't

You're on the wrong thread.

My point was that other countries are doing their bit, it's not all down to the UK. Many of these refugees trying to enter the UK are from that region

I know..the points apply to both..many of those rrting to enter the UK aer form the middle East, Sudan etc

If it's political asylum they are fter we should be welcoming them and giving them safe haven. Why would you not want us to do that?

I though they were econimic migrants looking for a batter life and that was the issue?

I'm confused....if they are looking for a better life financially then they are obvioulsy going to head for Europe and the UK. You seem to be confusing econimic migrants with those seeking asylum

Probably for the same reasons that we don't

My point was that other countries are doing their bit, it's not all down to the UK. Many of these refugees trying to enter the UK are from that region

Just accept your comments are on the wrong thread and off topic.

Why should I accept what isn't correct?

You've done nothing to show it isn't correct.

A link showing Qatar has taken in 42 Syrians, a link showing Qatari charities have contributed ca $5m illustrate my point exactly, one link doesn't open. The counties that are helping are the ones bordering Syria and Iraq and when the strife is over people will probably return to their home countries.

The rich countries of Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc should do much, much more by taking in tens if not hundreds of thousands of people from Iraq and Syria and offering them citizenship with all the benefits. Why is it that people of all faiths end up in Europe/Calais rather than the rich stable Arab countries for example seeking asylum/a better life, these counties need the workers and have the money to provide support.

The world needs to share in this global migration, the world meaning more than Europe and the USA, it includes countries like China, Russia, Brazil and India. Do a Google search and come up with links that show such countries and the rich Arab states are providing help, particularly citizenship/residency on a large scale to prove your point. I'm happy to be proven wrong.

You've done nothing to show it isn't correct.

I don't need to..your claim isn't correct

A link showing Qatar has taken in 42 Syrians, a link showing Qatari charities have contributed ca $5m illustrate my point exactly, one link doesn't open. The counties that are helping are the ones bordering Syria and Iraq and when the strife is over people will probably return to their home countries.

I don't get your point? My point is they are doing something and it's incorrect to claim that they are not

The rich countries of Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc should do much, much more by taking in tens if not hundreds of thousands of people from Iraq and Syria and offering them citizenship with all the benefits.

Indeed they could. I have never claimed that they could not do more but was countering the claim that they are doing nothing

Why is it that people of all faiths end up in Europe/Calais rather than the rich stable Arab countries for example seeking asylum/a better life, these counties need the workers and have the money to provide support.

Because they believs that the UK will offer them more..we all know that.

The world needs to share in this global migration, the world meaning more than Europe and the USA, it includes countries like China, Russia, Brazil and India.

Indeed that is true.

Do a Google search and come up with links that show such countries and the rich Arab states are providing help, particularly citizenship/residency on a large scale to prove your point. I'm happy to be proven wrong.

My point is proven, other nations are helping

You have moved the goalposts to include citizernship/residency which i have never mentioned

They and indeed we can do more, that doesn't mean that the rest of the world (including the Arab world) is doing nothing.

As I said "it continues to be wildly inaccurate to suggest countries in the region are doing nothing "

Archived