onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

"Illegal migrants in Calais should be sent to Britain!"

Pheonix Vale

Advert

A big problem here is that Cameron and his profiteering lackeys turn a blind eye to the 'black economy' and tens, if not hundreds of thousands work for illegally low wages and the checks are not done.

Ed Milliband was ignored when he said this was the way to tackle this

Don't worry D@P Jeremy Corbyn will sort it all out.:unsure:

I did an audit of right to work in the UK checks in an organisation employing 20,000 with around 500 locations. It has 40% staff turnover - 8,000 per annum. It pays many of its staff the minimum wage. I guess it could pay the living wage if all other similar employers were forced to and did not lose competitiveness - which is what the government if about to do.

Anyway, there was scope to do more thorough checks, but it is unlikely that more than a handful and probably no illegal workers were getting through recruitment. I think issues will be confined to communities where illegal immigrants are welcomed and businesses that are small and will take the risk in this and other things. But it is one hell of a job to do inspection and like most processes the only way to cope is right first time. Right first time here is effective border controls.

People might find this helpful to understand what's going on.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/robin-lustig/calais-migrants-refugees_b_7909630.html

Very useful. I think the media has to cover an issue where there is a serious economic impact, major disruption in a large county and threat to the safety of people. I don't think these migrants are being picked on for coverage just because they are close by and convenient.

That link is a load of tripe. Where are his facts from ? There was a fact knocking about that in 2004 labour let over 100,000 immigrants in of whom they didn't have time or resources to process.

There were 3000 storming the tunnel the other night, yet we have only had 3000 applications all year ? Nonsense. They are coming here illegally , if I went to Saudi Arabia without my passport and tried to sneak in I'm sure they would just send me back wouldn't they......

JOHNNYAITCH

Quote Originally Posted by Bea Smith View Post by Johnnyaitch

The vast majority of these poor people leave Africa to get to the EU from Libya.

JA - Do you mean they are travelling via Libya or are from Libya cos the majority seeking asylum/fleeing violence are not from Libya

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For ****s sake - that quote could not be clearer English - it says they leave to get to the EU FROM LIBYA.

It does NOT say they were born in Libya,

Thanks for clearing that up..calm down dear, it was only a question

Youre either a complete windup moron or taking the p7ss - or both. In either case your credibility is zero.

Meh..like I'm bothered what a proven liar on here thinks of my credibility..remember Pharmagene?

further downnyou also mention Albania

I did indeed..or rather I mentioned what was in the BBC article

- the same country whose people th us and nato supported by bombing innocent civilians in Serbia iover the failed criminal Albanian state of Kosovo - which is emptying fast, THAT is where the Albanians are coming from.

Source?

Thirdly, despite much of what is written here and in the trash tabloids, I honestly believe British people are more tolerant - or at least a goodly proportion of them are (cue a J Aitch post asking my source like a clockwork parrot ).

Tut tut..misrepresentation again Billy......I have never asked you for a source when it comes to your opinion but only when you spout (or is it sprout?) something as fact with nothing to back it up or claim to be able to speak for other people..whether that be Labour voters and their attitude to Tony Blair or immigrants and their desire to live in the US.

A big problem here is that Cameron and his profiteering lackeys turn a blind eye to the 'black economy' and tens, if not hundreds of thousands work for illegally low wages and the checks are not done.

Ed Milliband was ignored when he said this was the way to tackle this - economic migrants would not want to come if there were less jobs for them, and there would be less jobs for them if low-life employers had to pay the minimum wage.

Is this not being addressed somewhat with the new regulations/laws re landlords having to check immigration status and being criminally responsible for evicting any they find in their properties that are illegal?

That does not sound like someone encouraging the black economy

That link is a load of tripe. Where are his facts from ? There was a fact knocking about that in 2004 labour let over 100,000 immigrants in of whom they didn't have time or resources to process.

There were 3000 storming the tunnel the other night, yet we have only had 3000 applications all year ? Nonsense. They are coming here illegally , if I went to Saudi Arabia without my passport and tried to sneak in I'm sure they would just send me back wouldn't they......

So you want us to be like Saudi Arabia? No thanks

I for one hope not

morning all,

a couple of serious questions, and not wanting to get into a slanging match with anyone,

1/ would id cards be bad,? you would be able to prove at an time who you were...

2/ the old hot potato dna data-base, a good 95% of crime could be solved almost straight away...

lastly 8/8 stuff the train-spotters...

morning all,

a couple of serious questions, and not wanting to get into a slanging match with anyone,

1/ would id cards be bad,? you would be able to prove at an time who you were...

2/ the old hot potato dna data-base, a good 95% of crime could be solved almost straight away...

lastly 8/8 stuff the train-spotters...

For me it's a few things:

The principle..it's up to me whom I reveal my identity to when just going about my normal business..this would allow 'them' to ask me to identify myself at any time or even be able to demand that I do so..introduce them and it will surely follow that the police etc will have the legal right to demand at any time that you identify yourself and not being able to do so will become a "crime". I guess some will say if you've nothing to hide what's the issue but who decides if something is 'nothing to hide'? I know we have to have a driving licence for example if we want to drive and that's a form of ID but it can only be asked for in specific situations.

What will they actually be used for? I don't trust govt to stick to the original planned usage of the ID nor the data gathered via their use

The dna thing isn't used to convict on its own but is used to place the accused at the scene (or something like that); I don't trust govt not to use the dna information for other less "honourable" purposes.

Or I'm just being paranoid

Is this not being addressed somewhat with the new regulations/laws re landlords having to check immigration status and being criminally responsible for evicting any they find in their properties that are illegal?

That does not sound like someone encouraging the black economy

Oh yeah great idea that one! Get the landlords to evict illegal immigrants... how about once identified as illegal the government pick them up and deport them. How are they going to be found once evicted otherwise? More idiocy from our government.

Archived