onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Duffy signs 2 year contract

I just hope that Duffy does not return to type. He was poor first and a half season and only really performed since Christmas when his contract was running out. He did the same at Exeter. I was told by one of their staff that he only performed for them when his contract was running out during his second season with them.

After saying that I hope we can find a 6 foot four centre half to play alongside him as he does read the game well and hope that at 28 he realises that he needs to play consistently to prolong his career.

Advert

I'm pleased Duffy has signed but players like him are fairly easy to replace.

It's the goals and assists from Loft and Myrie-Williams that are harder to replicate.

The rumour mill about new players (and Thursday signings) seems to have gone a bit quiet. What is happening on that front?

Robertson no way we need a quick ,good in the air centre half ,yat es to only be understudy to the new right back ,hope we sign some energy up front also a Naylor /Mcphee too play off Pope ,Williamson is ok but not good enough for a regular starting place.

Neal

New RB Duffy New Centre half Dicko

New enforcer.

New fast winger two new centres Daniel left wing

Pope Mcphee type

Bench Robertson lines dodds Birchall Johnson.

Lines on the bench? Are you having a laugh youth?! We need to build the team around players like Lines. If he adds goals to his game he will be one of the best midfielders in league 1.

Robertson no way we need a quick ,good in the air centre half ,yat es to only be understudy to the new right back ,hope we sign some energy up front also a Naylor /Mcphee too play off Pope ,Williamson is ok but not good enough for a regular starting place.

Neal

New RB Duffy New Centre half Dicko

New enforcer.

New fast winger two new centres Daniel left wing

Pope Mcphee type

Bench Robertson lines dodds Birchall Johnson.

Seriously, who are we going to sign in midfield that is better than Lines, never mind two centre mids!!!

I just hope that Duffy does not return to type. He was poor first and a half season and only really performed since Christmas when his contract was running out. He did the same at Exeter. I was told by one of their staff that he only performed for them when his contract was running out during his second season with them.

After saying that I hope we can find a 6 foot four centre half to play alongside him as he does read the game well and hope that at 28 he realises that he needs to play consistently to prolong his career.

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh

He spent his life playing centre back, why do you think he had a good end to the season.

Definitely need a new first choice right back' date=' a pacy centre half, 2 or 3 midfielders and 2 strikers minimum.[/quote']

Agree with that assessment. Delighted that Duffy has signed up as he looked a quality centre-back (it was always said since he joined us that was his best position, as opposed to right-back) and would be even better with a big, dominant centre-back alongside him (....not Robertson).

A worrying thing was hearing Adams say that he needs 4 more new signings, as I reckon we're short of 6 quality players to go straight into the team and be regulars :-

right-back

centre-back

3 midfielders/wingers

striker

In addition, we'd probably also need a couple more to supplement the squad/bench. Adams has certainly got his work cut out in the next few weeks.

Archived