onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

11th March 2014, Port Vale v Leyton Orient. Pre-Match, Match ltself.

Fosse69

No changes please. The team need to get together and play together on a regular basis. Lines and Jones were not missed against Carlisle and in case of forced change through injury both Saturday's substitutes deserve a chance before we resort to playing with ten men again.

Advert

Target? You don't pull your weight and you're out. He's lucky to have stayed in so long.

It's about time he started turning up and justifying his wages again which we would presume would be up there with the higher earners.

He does that, he gets his place back and everyone's happy again.

Ranked in the top 11 players in L1 for assists, covers more Km's in a game than any other Vale player - I'd say that's pulling your weight! ;)

Target? You don't pull your weight and you're out. He's lucky to have stayed in so long.

It's about time he started turning up and justifying his wages again which we would presume would be up there with the higher earners.

He does that, he gets his place back and everyone's happy again.[/quote

I know professional so called footballers are supposed to be able to play in any position that is asked of them, but with all the radical changes since the turn of the year and not having a consistent starting 11 has this anything to do with some of the players demise of late ?

If they were performing we wouldn't have had any need for changes

So, our last 24 home games against orient- won 22, drawn 1, lost 1. The loss coming in 1956. Get on a vale win :D

I thoroughly dislike stats like that.

Lee Blakeman will now quote it tomorrow night and give us his usual "kiss of death".

Sssssshhhhhh.......

:stopthere:

I thoroughly dislike stats like that.

Lee Blakeman will now quote it tomorrow night and give us his usual "kiss of death".

Sssssshhhhhh.......

:stopthere:

im not sure what you mean? look at walsall we hadnt beaten them for years, oh wait a minute...

I love the photo of Albert Leake scoring the winner. It must have been pure joy for Vale fans that day, and I can't imagine what it was like at the semi-final. The Vale don't get enough credit on FA Cup highlight shows, when the 1954 team was one of the best English lower division sides of all time. As for tomorrow night, 0-0 would be alright. I have a feeling Pope will score the winner though. I hope Leyton Orient go up automatic.
For a young teenager, with a team on the up, just lost to the top team in England, there is also next season. But never quite so far since.

Explain the demise since the turn of the year then. Pre Xmas Lines was in his own words playing and enjoying his footy he has for a long while, so whats changed except so many radical changes both in team selection and tactics. At Wolves Knott was in most supporters opinion for those that went and me inc. MOM so what happens on Sat,,,,,, dropped to bench. Jones in then out, Davis in then Out, Robertson in then out, Yates in then out Grimmer RB then CB, JMW in then out need I go on.

Explain the demise since the turn of the year then. Pre Xmas Lines was in his own words playing and enjoying his footy he has for a long while, so whats changed except so many radical changes both in team selection and tactics. At Wolves Knott was in most supporters opinion for those that went and me inc. MOM so what happens on Sat,,,,,, dropped to bench. Jones in then out, Davis in then Out, Robertson in then out, Yates in then out Grimmer RB then CB, JMW in then out need I go on.

Out of those with the exception of knott, grimmer and Yates I wouldn't want to play them anywhere so I can understand Adams not having a clue how to utilise them in the hope of playing them into form.

.....and by pre Christmas I assume your meaning the 2 months he turned up. He wasn't performing until he was dropped the first time.

Out of those with the exception of knott, grimmer and Yates I wouldn't want to play them anywhere so I can understand Adams not having a clue how to utilise them in the hope of playing them into form.

.....and by pre Christmas I assume your meaning the 2 months he turned up. He wasn't performing until he was dropped the first time.

Must be why the opposition, like at Wolves, pick him out as the star player.

MA has struggled to find a settled team this year primarily in my opinion due to try to protect the defensive frailties. Duffy and Grimmer made things so much better. We have needed a decent right back all season and the centre half short comings have been so obvious.

I think Lines form has dropped since he knew his chairman stated that he didn't want us to get promotion, since it was clear there would be very little money next season and since it was clear that we couldn't afford to offer him a new contract. He knows now he will be playing elsewhere next season unless something drastic happens with the purse strings.

Stats dont lie, he has got our most assists and has to play. He is also our best passer of the ball. I agree is form hasnt been great, but he is an excellent player and personally i think hes one of those whos motivation was crushed by smurf. Regardless I think Lines has to play, and I think Adams will recall him and hope for the same result as last time. I would go Knott and Lines in the middle but I think Adams will go Lines and Griff which is also fine against a side like Orient.

Must be why the opposition, like at Wolves, pick him out as the star player.

MA has struggled to find a settled team this year primarily in my opinion due to try to protect the defensive frailties. Duffy and Grimmer made things so much better. We have needed a decent right back all season and the centre half short comings have been so obvious.

I think Lines form has dropped since he knew his chairman stated that he didn't want us to get promotion, since it was clear there would be very little money next season and since it was clear that we couldn't afford to offer him a new contract. He knows now he will be playing elsewhere next season unless something drastic happens with the purse strings.

Aslong as the Wolves fans think he's alright....

Whatever the reason for his dip in form he deserved time out of the team, end of story. He was the same at the beginning of the season, dropped out and came back better. He's clearly a player that needs a push sometimes - probably the reason he's in league 1 and not the Championship.

I'm sure he'll come back better for it, not least because his contracts up in a few months.

No Vale fan wants a Vale player to not be a success.

Praise and criticism is part and parcel of life I for one hope lines if selected scores one ,sets up two and runs the game from start too finish.

Be nice c a world class goal from someone tonight in black and white.

Williamson goooaaarrrnnn son do the business ,run them ragged ,u can do it ,the difference in,Vale with him and Pope in the line up is so much more interesting to watch.

Jmw will shine also ive no doubts,about it .

Exactly, criticism isn't anything personal but Lines has flattered to deceive after the hype of him signing. I'll be disappointed if I'm right in thinking he'll be off in the summer without giving his all here.

I like Chris lines a lot. As a footballer he's very good and technical one of the best we've had here for years.

For me he started the season not what I expected and then he came good and we started to pick points up. He drove forward with long bursting runs and made things happen.

For whatever reason he's dropped off and looks like he doesn't want to know. He will either prove his worth and come back stronger and want to play here or he won't play again all season and will be gone. I've heard a few rumours about him but at the moment they are just rumours.

So hopefully linesy will want it and fight for his shirt and finish the season strongly.

I'd certainly start Billy knott tonight against orient.

Archived