onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

11th March 2014, Port Vale v Leyton Orient. Pre-Match, Match ltself.

Fosse69

Just a couple of days short of 60 years since we played our only ever FA Cup quarter final/6th round game. What a coincidence that our opponents are the same, this time we are at home. Points are still needed, maybe Orient will be promoted this time, who knows.

Advert

Just a couple of days short of 60 years since we played our only ever FA Cup quarter final/6th round game. What a coincidence that our opponents are the same, this time we are at home. Points are still needed, maybe Orient will be promoted this time, who knows.

I always think that it is unfair to Leyton orient that they don't seem to get supported in EastEnders, we see that Billy Mitchell idiot with his West Ham flag, when from the map at the start of the programme it is likely that the fictional location of Walford might well be closer to Leyton Orient or even Millwall as the crow flies.

Sadly I wasn't even born then and it remains one of my biggest frustrations as a Vale fan not to have witnessed the 53-54 season.

Albert was a friend of the family though and I spoke to him on several occasions as well as browsing his scrap books and holding his champions medal.

The book Men of Steele brings it all back vividly and is really excellent if there's anyone left on here who hasn't read it.

Tuesday apart, I hope Orient go up. I like it when the smaller clubs do well and though they would struggle like Yeovil it restores my faith in the Vale being able to do equally as well. If they can do it why not us?

Leyton Orient on a tuesday night under the floodlights.

U would think the prices would be reduced as u r allowed two games a season at reduced prices.

Yesterdays win and much improved performance hopefully get the punters in.

My team

Neal

Grimmer Duffy Dickinson

Birchall Griff loft Knott Jmw

Willo Pope

Win the ball high up the pitch ,brave playing three at the back but I dont want them having any time on the ball.

Vale 3 Leyton Orient 0

Good to see you've got your Mo-Jo back, mate. Enjoy yesterday did you? Think it must have gone to your head a bit though in your prediction of 3-0 Tuesday?:laugh:

Notts County 0 Leyton Orient 0

Defence please note - Notts County are BOTTOM of the division with a -19 GD while Orient have a GD of 35.

Orient can be stopped from scoring - decide amongst yourselves who the "fattest" player is and stick him on the back post at set pieces.

If Notts County's defence can rise to the occaision so must the Vale's .

From reports of the Notts game, the Os are a bit nervous at present, so lets go for it.

This will be a good comparison of 2 similar resourced and funded Clubs, one whose season is now effectively over and the other who could be going where we aspire to someday.

Smurf and Mickey should be taking copius notes from Leyton Orient Staff and Chairman on how to get 5 pints out of a 1 pint pot and we could follow there model next year.:)

Archived