onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Are two quality players on there way to VP for assault on the playoffs?

1977Valiant

I agree if it's only two it has to be a centre-half and right back. If it's 3 add the midfielder.

Our defence has been our achillies heel all season highlighted by fans and the management alike.

Look at the MK Dons game for example when because we didn't have an alternative at right back the entire defence practically changed.

Adams is right we need quality, not just someone to challenge Yates and Chilvers who are playing above their level but players to improve us in key areas.

To be honest i totally agree REP we would need to do what we did last year with purse, jones and hughes where we bring in players who can make an impact and immediately improve the squad. Theres no point bringing in players to compete with other players we need to improve where we are weak which is right back and centre half really.

Advert

Has anyone had look at the PFA website and seen that there are very few players that are in any of the roles that we have been posting about.....Either this is going to cost a bit of money or we are going to see some loan players from the upper leagues.......which is not the best for building the team......

Honestly, while loan players are not ideal, I feel that there will be a significant overhaul of the squad at the end of the season anyway - if it's to consolidate in L1 or higher....

Its likely to be loan moves i suspect for fridge Championship players, who have been through a play off challenge.

Micky's comments are spot on, we are all saying the same - This is two fold for me, he's laying down the challenge to the players we have at the club in saying this is now our aim and i will bring in bodies so all of your positions are under threat - so perform at your best (Just in time for the cup clash) and secondly to the fans to say "get behind the team", Sunday is a massive game in the history of the club, was it 06/07 when we were in a very similar position and then just fell away....

Come 2.15pm on Sunday we'll know who the 4th opponant is for the winning team as the draw takes place on ITV early doors. Big team or small team its all money in the coffers should we win and get through.....Get through and draw a championship team we could start dreaming of a 53 semi final again ;-)

I don't see this as a Chairman/manager standoff - Micky is just stating what we all see, I expect that Smurf will support him as we have as good a chance this term as any - Do it know OR it could be a number of season until we get another crack at it....

Exciting times eh? Micky talking of a play off push - who'd have thought that 12 months ago...League 2 yeah...but no way a league 1 play off push!

Not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but Nicky Shorey has been released by Bristol City.....too old or just too crap?

"Nicky is keen to find a club closer to his home so it can make family life a bit easier for him," not sure if that is down in the SE or somewhere else.....

The loss of Lee Hughes IMO will not mean we will get a replacement player in the more needy positions of central defence or centre midfield. Hughes going will mean a possible £15-£20k reduction in the money Smurf will put into the club each month. The only thing that will change this is if we beat Plymouth on Sunday and draw a plum tie in the FA Cup 4th round. Then with Smurf likely to get back a large chunk of what he has already and will put into the club, he might let Micky delve into the loan market. Problem is Micky appears not to be a keen believer in loan signings. He would rather sign a player on a fixed contract rather than having someone do well only for them to be called back as is the case with Hitchcock at Crewe.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but Nicky Shorey has been released by Bristol City.....too old or just too crap?

"Nicky is keen to find a club closer to his home so it can make family life a bit easier for him," not sure if that is down in the SE or somewhere else.....

Scrap that...just realised he's a left back...

Its likely to be loan moves i suspect for fridge Championship players, who have been through a play off challenge.

Micky's comments are spot on, we are all saying the same - This is two fold for me, he's laying down the challenge to the players we have at the club in saying this is now our aim and i will bring in bodies so all of your positions are under threat - so perform at your best (Just in time for the cup clash) and secondly to the fans to say "get behind the team", Sunday is a massive game in the history of the club, was it 06/07 when we were in a very similar position and then just fell away....

Come 2.15pm on Sunday we'll know who the 4th opponant is for the winning team as the draw takes place on ITV early doors. Big team or small team its all money in the coffers should we win and get through.....Get through and draw a championship team we could start dreaming of a 53 semi final again ;-)

I don't see this as a Chairman/manager standoff - Micky is just stating what we all see, I expect that Smurf will support him as we have as good a chance this term as any - Do it know OR it could be a number of season until we get another crack at it....

Exciting times eh? Micky talking of a play off push - who'd have thought that 12 months ago...League 2 yeah...but no way a league 1 play off push!

!954 not 1953, we lost 3-0 to Oldham at home in 53 Cup.

????

Didnt Bratt apparently triple his salary to get him back? If so, in these times of austerity, it might be considered that it is too high already. Not an opinion, just an observation.

Mind you the idiot Cameron says there is a feelgood factor due the next world cup!!

So you are assuming that MA will accept a nil % pay rise because of these difficult austere times I would be surprised and delighted if he did.

Archived