onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Are two quality players on there way to VP for assault on the playoffs?

1977Valiant

We can all interpret what we like in Adams' comments. Who knows if it was intended to be a grounding for future discussions on Adams' contract? Is Mickey stating that in the hope that if Smurf doesn't sanction the 2 quality signings then he has more ammunition to aid his contract talks? Or is Mickey simply saying what we all know to be the glaring truth?

Mind games are always evident between Managers and Owners so should we read too much into the present comments?

My opinion is that if we are to be considered serious play off candidates then we MUST have 2 quality signings in the shape of a defender and midfielder to add to our already surprisingly effective squad. That said I realise Norman's restrictions and concerns about future finances so would expect us to lose at least 2 of our squad to assist the monies available in attracting better players. Hughes has to be first on that list but I would thank him sincerely for his efforts and believe he silenced many critics who initially were against him joining us. The others "up for loan or simply free transferring" would have to include Mohammed and Shuker, both of whom perhaps have not shown they possess the necessary impact we require for assaults on promotion to yet another higher Division.

There will be those of course who are more than happy at present with Vale's gradual rise from near obscurity to a very respectable situation both on and off the field. who can argue with them? My code name implies that I am really happy to see Vale gain respect in the Football circles again and slowly, but surely and financially see success cemented in time with ever growing optimism throughout the whole Club. Could it be a little early for us to dream about Championship football? Should we consolidate more and try and attract the missing fans with our brand of attacking football by looking to future promotion? Interesting times at Vale and may they long continue! :yes::encouragement:

Advert

I'm not getting excited about anyone coming in, reading between the lines Smurf wants to reduce the wage bill this will only be done by off loading.

Adams is throwing down the gauntlet to his chairman by stating he needs 2 quality players,it will be interesting to see peoples reactions when Smurf says no.

Smurf will also wants the wage bill reduced so he can offer MA a better contract so in my opinion I think we are seeing the beginning of a "Cold War" between manager and owner.

I pray some middle ground can be found between the two,for me financial stability is key, I dont want a divided fan base Smurf v MA.

Sunday is important obviously, a win will see the coffers swollen but I still think Smurf will take the money to pay himself back for the money hehas put in.

MA has thrown down the gauntlet ......interesting times ahead.

Indeed. It will soon be Team Micky or Team Smurf because they certainly aren't on the same side ;)

Hughes, Shuker and Mohamed will only go if other clubs can match their wages or give them longer contracts. Is that likely? What is the position with Joe Davis? (don't say Centre Back)

Luton manager states Joe hasn't put a foot wrong in 8 games and would like to extend his loan.

I agree in.gettin.rid of dead wood, adding to.hughesy. Shuker,Mohammed for me.

I still think.dodds offers us options,and im stuck.on.fence with rob taylor.

But releasing wages,to bring in 2 quality players. Center half and midfielder.

I think it's worth keeling Taylor because Mohammed has turned out to be **** and jones is injured all the time

I reckon we should get rid of the 'deadwood'. The likes of Mohammed, Taylor, Dodds etc... are surely to be replaced if we are to build on what we currently have. I would be tempted to consolidate 3-4 bit part players wages to bring in 2 quality signings which will improve what we already have and give us that push we need to make the playoffs.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Taylor has been a right asset the past few months.

Maybe we'll go for a couple of cheap loanees? Defence surely?

Archived