onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Are two quality players on there way to VP for assault on the playoffs?

1977Valiant

[QUO TE=Samwelo;1997774]Don't think Yates has put a foot wrong all season?

Yates is performing at 110% and is an average player for me his delivery is pretty terrible and makes a lot of mistakes on the ball he's not a **** player but we could do with better if we want to press on

Agreed, I would go for a centre half (maybe Michael Hector) and a right back. It's the defence that has the major problems.

Advert

One of the last positions we need to strengthen is right back, in my opinion. Over the calendar year of 2013, Yates has been our most consistent player.

Bought in with the tag of "a Bratt signing", and players such as Duffy signed to replace him, and he's still come through strong and made the right back position his own on merit. So much so that against MK Dons the whole team was jigged around due to his absence and then he was bought back into the team whilst carrying an injury. People bang on about his distribution yet I wager he had a few assists last season "feeding" the Pope. Despite all the drawbacks, Yates has come through on top. I really don't understand all the unnecessary stick Yates gets.

I'll always remember the Northampton home match last season. When the final whistle went, most on the pitch ran for the tunnel because of the fans running onto the pitch. Yates just turned to the Paddock, put his hands in the air and invited them on. Don't forget, Tom Pope isn't the only Vale fan in the team.

One of the last positions we need to strengthen is right back, in my opinion. Over the calendar year of 2013, Yates has been our most consistent player.

Bought in with the tag of "a Bratt signing", and players such as Duffy signed to replace him, and he's still come through strong and made the right back position his own on merit. So much so that against MK Dons the whole team was jigged around due to his absence and then he was bought back into the team whilst carrying an injury. People bang on about his distribution yet I wager he had a few assists last season "feeding" the Pope. Despite all the drawbacks, Yates has come through on top. I really don't understand all the unnecessary stick Yates gets.

I'll always remember the Northampton home match last season. When the final whistle went, most on the pitch ran for the tunnel because of the fans running onto the pitch. Yates just turned to the Paddock, put his hands in the air and invited them on. Don't forget, Tom Pope isn't the only Vale fan in the team.

Neal and Loft have been more consistent for me

Yates was tremendous at the end of last season he is not performing to that level at the moment. It could be the back problem but he certainly needs to stop backing off wingers allowing them to pick their man on the cross. We definitely need another centre half Chilvers is not good enough at this level. We need another right sided or centre midfield player. With the development of Hughill I think we are sorted for forwards.

I can't see anyone being interested in our deadwood whoever people consider that to be.

Center half must be number 1 on the Mickys list. Chilvers not good enough for this level.

We have 3 central defenders , who, in any grouping of 2 , dont look good together, particularly at home when we have to push up. They would all look better if paired with someone with pace. I cant say similar about the central midfield positions.

Sorry about the questioning of Yates ability

but for the long term moving on right back is a position that needs to be improved upon somewhat eventually.

The two signings urgently needed right now

has to be a quality centre back with pace which Adams wanted as the final bit of the jigsaw before the wage cap threw a spanner in the works.....and a midfielder to partner Lines.

At the end of the day Hughes wages will go a long way towards signing a couple of quality players on loan.....so we need a defender with a bit of pace and most any centre back from the higher divisions will as a basic requirement to be able to play at a higher level must have a bit of pace.

To think in terms of footballing ability and intelligence a holding midfielder who can actually pass the ball is also a must have....

and would be a big improvement over Griff.

Yates is our only decent (and that's all he is) right back given Duffy looks much better at centre half. A new RB is a must for me and keep Duffy and Robo as the first choice partnership.

If Adams wants to continue with 3 centre midfield players then we need one more (already have Lines, Loft, Griff, Birchall who are good enough) but if we go 4-4-2 then we could do with another and push Loft out to the left.

Yates is our only decent (and that's all he is) right back given Duffy looks much better at centre half. A new RB is a must for me and keep Duffy and Robo as the first choice partnership.

If Adams wants to continue with 3 centre midfield players then we need one more (already have Lines, Loft, Griff, Birchall who are good enough) but if we go 4-4-2 then we could do with another and push Loft out to the left.

I agree if it's only two it has to be a centre-half and right back. If it's 3 add the midfielder.

Our defence has been our achillies heel all season highlighted by fans and the management alike.

Look at the MK Dons game for example when because we didn't have an alternative at right back the entire defence practically changed.

Adams is right we need quality, not just someone to challenge Yates and Chilvers who are playing above their level but players to improve us in key areas.

Archived