onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pile of

only at the vale can i feel gutted that a manager i never wanted to leave in the first place actually comes back!..weird feeling.

Talking football now....yes he got us playing with passion and we were hard to beat and very fit side...and we got our moneys worth...usually anyway.

off the pitch the problem REMAINS!!...we are skint...refusing investment from anyone not just mo and mark...micky wanted cash for players before he left ready for jan...only to be informed we got none..and could only beg players basically on loan( the players parent clubs pay the wages).So my point is here...how can micky push us on that much with any real investment in the squad...a few freebies only takes you so far...hence where we are!

Also i see the boards actions..as there desperate act to hide behind micky again..and hoping that it swings votes there way come june 1st!.

So im appealing to anyone who is now thinking its all rosey down vale towers...its not...absolutely nothing has changed off the pitch...we are skint,they refuse real investment...they lie to the fan base,they treat us with utter contempt,and we have been getting worse season after season...and our accounts dont lie!

Have a think come say xmas...micky got us to 9th...not a great start..and he wants funds....the answer will be nope..loans only..again...and if finance was that bad...which i totally believe it will be....we could be forced to sell anything we can on the cheap again come jan to pay the debts!..so we either stand firm and lets prosper with chnage...or be happy with struggle after struggle regardless of who the manager is....your choose?????

Advert

The common conception seems to be that if you support starve em out or black and gold then you are not allowed to be happy that Micky is back.

Well, im chuffed to bits that he is back. We played winning football under him and going to watch the Vale was a pleasure.

Im under no doubt that he will be a success under whoever is in charge.

Welcome home Micky. ===

As per usual,you are spot on mate

Am i the only Vale fan not jumping for joy at the seemingly imminent return of Micky Adams?

I'll fully admit that he worked miracles to overcome a shambolic board, ill discipline throughout the club and an average bunch of players to take us to the top of the league. But tben he walked out for his dream job (i certainly dont blame him for that), royally effed that up and in the process effed up our season, and now he walks straight back into a job with a 3 year contract when he wouldnt get a look in at any other club. It makes us look like an even bigger bunch of muppets than we already are!

Not only that but expectation will be ridiculous and if he doesnt immediately ressurect the situation with the same bunch of players then it will raise question marks over both him and them. If Gary Roberts suddenly starts playing again he wants shooting. You should never go back and i feel that will be proved in this case.

Agree with every word.

Week by week we become more of a laughing stock, although I'm not sure I'm that bothered any more.

I'm not sure if there is any point being bothered about it to be honest, it's not like the fans opinion is ever given anyway consideration in any case.

Adams won't last 2 seasons IMHO, he'll be off as soon as the grass looks greener elsewhere.

I'm sorry that I can't be jumping for joy at his return as we had some great memories from the 1st time, but we've all now seen the cut of his jib now.

Lot of work for Adams to do to restore faith for me.

No, you're not. This is a very hasty appointment and we all know why. If it goes wrong Vale is in big trouble because V2001 will certainly not have the finance to sack him.

I'm **quite** happy about Adams return, but the timing is very wrong and I also wonder what manager Mo had lined up.

Who says Mo is going to get in? We dont know that, not everybody wants Mo.

What will tempt him away this time ? 3 year contract means nothing these days. It's just a viscious circle, the more successful he is, the more attractive he will be to bigger clubs.

I know he said he only left last time because it was his boyhood club, but what if a premier league club comes in for him next christmas ?

Loyalty is what we need (apart from a board change)

Lets just see what happens

Am i the only Vale fan not jumping for joy at the seemingly imminent return of Micky Adams?

I'll fully admit that he worked miracles to overcome a shambolic board, ill discipline throughout the club and an average bunch of players to take us to the top of the league. But tben he walked out for his dream job (i certainly dont blame him for that), royally effed that up and in the process effed up our season, and now he walks straight back into a job with a 3 year contract when he wouldnt get a look in at any other club. It makes us look like an even bigger bunch of muppets than we already are!

Not only that but expectation will be ridiculous and if he doesnt immediately ressurect the situation with the same bunch of players then it will raise question marks over both him and them. If Gary Roberts suddenly starts playing again he wants shooting. You should never go back and i feel that will be proved in this case.

Im with you on this nothing against MA but dont have a fuzzy feeling about his appointment I fear the worst........:unsure::unsure:

And you think a good alternative would be? Mmmm thought so........no one would wnt the job given our current predicament!

No, you're not. This is a very hasty appointment and we all know why. If it goes wrong Vale is in big trouble because V2001 will certainly not have the finance to sack him.

I'm **quite** happy about Adams return, but the timing is very wrong and I also wonder what manager Mo had lined up.

It's not hasty..if he was the right man for the job when first appointed (and nothing he did at Vale disproved that) then he is still the right man for the job

What will tempt him away this time ? 3 year contract means nothing these days. It's just a viscious circle, the more successful he is, the more attractive he will be to bigger clubs.

I know he said he only left last time because it was his boyhood club, but what if a premier league club comes in for him next christmas ?

Loyalty is what we need (apart from a board change)

Lets just see what happens

Premiership club?? What have you been drinking. The ONLY reason he went to Sheff was because he was a fan. No other big club will come in for him. He will be with us for re remainder of his contract at least, unless of course we sack him first.

It's not hasty..if he was the right man for the job when first appointed (and nothing he did at Vale disproved that) then he is still the right man for the job

Correct........ I can't believe some of the comments. Honestly folks we won't attract anybody better believe me.

Correct........ I can't believe some of the comments. Honestly folks we won't attract anybody better believe me.

I don't believe you, because you have no idea who we could attract, any more than I do.

It misses the point, anyway, as no one questions MA's ability, but plenty question his long-term commitment.

And you think a good alternative would be? Mmmm thought so........no one would wnt the job given our current predicament!

You have no way of proving that comment....not that I necessarily disagree with MA's appointment, more the timing of it.

Not at all. The fact folk harp on about the fact we need a decent manager. We've now got one, so there's nothing to moan about there.

All we need now is change in the boardroom and next season could be a good one. But if Mo was to get in I think people will find something else to moan about.

The next few weeks could be the biggest in Vale's history but let's all have a whinge.

Starve em out ay Lozza, and you no need start about whinging you and Mark have done this for months about the board and then go and do a u turn and buy a season ticket.

No one takes any notice of hypocrites.

Archived