onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pile of

If you read the Baldes forums Rob, you will see that quite a few don't blame Micky for their failings this season.

The general consesus is that their squad was/is cack, and that their chairman is a headcase.

There are those of course, that blame Micky, but I feel that he was on a hiding to nothing.

There are also many who questioned Adams' signings as not being good enough. Questioned his tactics. Questioned his managerial ability.

14 games before he got a win. He had plenty of time to save Sheffield United from relegation and cocked it up big style. Remember that when Adams took over, Sheffield United were not in the bottom three.

I am ok with the appointment, he did ok here before. But I am really concerned that he will not continue from where he left off, that the players he has to work with are simply not good enough and that V2001 does not have the finance to improve the team.

If things don't work out, what can V2001 do? They will be stuck because they won't be able to pay him off. I just feel they've potentially made a rod for their own back this time, and all simply in an attempt to sway opinion.

Advert

This is great news especially if you are prepared to park your B&G/Starve em out opinions.

We were rudderless off the pitch - witnessed by the uncertainty and on/off departure of Owen - Micky will bring back the desire and passion we lost when he left and a sense of direction and purpose.

Yes he left but for well publicised and genuine reasons, I would much rather have him back knowing what he is capable of achieving than see us take a chance on yet another unproven/unknown/failed elsewhere manager.

Expectations will be naturally high and bring added pressure but the play offs should not be an unreasonable target and I fully expect Micky to be up for the challenge and with something to prove.

Moan if you want to about Bratty doing this in readiness for the EGM but for me the two should be viewed separately - this is great news in terms of the team and our potential for next season regardless of who the board is.

Or a man of real courage.

Owen's a disciplined good league 1/2 centre half, who obviously wants achieve something, that is now possible where previously didn't look to be.

Not knocking Owens ability and we are a better Club with him on board and he should IMHO be Club Captain.....But it tells you to watch what you say or it can come back and bite your bum.......:ohmy:

;)

Out of interest, did anyone see Andy Jones's (Dave's) post the other day, whereby he stated Adams applied for two other jobs before the Sheffield job. Don't know how true it is, but Dave's normally in the know because of his former posistion.

This is what i worry about how long before he walks out on us again? i dont know whether to laugh or cry

Guest Tony Dyche
You really can't win with some folk can you.

Why? Because we have the courgae of conviction and stand by our principles?

Out of interest, did anyone see Andy Jones's (Dave's) post the other day, whereby he stated Adams applied for two other jobs before the Sheffield job. Don't know how true it is, but Dave's normally in the know because of his former posistion.

Scunthorpe and Hartlepool I understand

Whats got me about this appointment is that people will now get a season ticket because of it, instead of sticking to their guns and starve em out till we know what is going on with EGM results. The board are now papering over the cracks again and some fans will look at it blinkered.

Much harder job this time, our style with MA will be known from the start, whereas it took a few months for teams to suss us out. We all know the team needs strengthening, only MC has the money to do that. Then if MA fails back to plan A.

With a further reduced playing budget Adams will do well to emulate that

tenth or eleventh spot and if they are not off to a good start it could be a relegation struggle....there simply will not be the squad size to go the distance over a season and Adams used up all that luck at the start of last season.....just don't get all the fuss.

Lets face it the only one that backs Adams is Team Mo all Bratt will do is use Adams and cut the playing budget again.

Nothing changes for me , we may have a new manager , but the same massive problems remain.

Until these are removed we will still be operating on a 'wing & a prayer basis .

If anyone cannot see through this latest , devious ,manipulative attempt to save the current fat controllers backsides then I suggest a trip to Specsavers is in order.

I can only hope that by jumping straight back into the fire ,Micky Adams knows a great deal more than we do about what the near future holds .

The cynical part of me thinks he may have signed on a win win basis.

The potential for a brighter future still hangs on getting these parasites OUT of OUR Club.

Much harder job this time, our style with MA will be known from the start, whereas it took a few months for teams to suss us out. We all know the team needs strengthening, only MC has the money to do that. Then if MA fails back to plan A.

No, no, listen...

Micky can only succeed. No chance of failure. Ask Sheffield United and Brighton supporters. It's obvious he will succeed and therefore everyone should go and buy a season ticket in readiness for guaranteed promotion next season, probably as champions! Watch out Barcelona, here come the Vale!

The board and some Nottingham Forest supporter continue to assure supporters and minority shareholders that all is well financially, with no prospect of administration. Therefore we don't need any investment at this time, although investment talks with Harlequin are ongoing, as £13000 will surely be enough to last the whole of the 2011-2012 season without taking further loans or making staff cuts. Not only that, the board believes that the club is on target to make a small profit!

Micky Adams will remain as Port Vale manager until such time that any club in a league above us offers him a job, at which point the board will fight tooth and nail to keep Micky at the Vale, until the club in question offers more than 10 pence in compensation.

The board maintains that there is sufficient funding for loan players should the team need strengthening in the January transfer window, with the proviso that the board may decide to send players back to their parent clubs at any time.

Season ticket sales remain high at just over 20000. Our CEO is being inundated with callers asking how they can be so cheap given the quality of football that is currently on offer.

The board will continue to reject Mo Chaudry's investment bid, on the grounds that miners might not like it and that banks will not deal with anyone that has only £65 million under his mattress. In addition, we feel that Mark Sims should be looking to increase the paltry £250000 sponsorship made in previous seasons, before he is considered to be a fit and proper person for a directorship. In the meantime, all efforts will be made to bring Graham Mudie back to the boardroom.

V2001. Acting in the best interests of Port Vale.

Ever Valiant. The V2001 Propaganda Machine.

:D

No, no, listen...

Micky can only succeed. No chance of failure. Ask Sheffield United and Brighton supporters. It's obvious he will succeed and therefore everyone should go and buy a season ticket in readiness for guaranteed promotion next season, probably as champions! Watch out Barcelona, here come the Vale!

The board and some Nottingham Forest supporter continue to assure supporters and minority shareholders that all is well financially, with no prospect of administration. Therefore we don't need any investment at this time, although investment talks with Harlequin are ongoing, as £13000 will surely be enough to last the whole of the 2011-2012 season without taking further loans or making staff cuts. Not only that, the board believes that the club is on target to make a small profit!

Micky Adams will remain as Port Vale manager until such time that any club in a league above us offers him a job, at which point the board will fight tooth and nail to keep Micky at the Vale, until the club in question offers more than 10 pence in compensation.

The board maintains that there is sufficient funding for loan players should the team need strengthening in the January transfer window, with the proviso that the board may decide to send players back to their parent clubs at any time.

Season ticket sales remain high at just over 20000. Our CEO is being inundated with callers asking how they can be so cheap given the quality of football that is currently on offer.

The board will continue to reject Mo Chaudry's investment bid, on the grounds that miners might not like it and that banks will not deal with anyone that has only £65 million under his mattress. In addition, we feel that Mark Sims should be looking to increase the paltry £250000 sponsorship made in previous seasons, before he is considered to be a fit and proper person for a directorship. In the meantime, all efforts will be made to bring Graham Mudie back to the boardroom.

V2001. Acting in the best interests of Port Vale.

Ever Valiant. The V2001 Propaganda Machine.

:D

That encapsulates it spot on for me.Couldn't have said better mesen.

Archived