onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pile of

I feel the same as you SD, the most important thing is to get rid of this board.

The board really think that the vale fans are thick and that we will be happy with MA coming back and forget what ****s they really are.

Dont be fooled by these ****ers they are only looking out for themselves,they have just proved by doing this how vile they are.

V2001 OUT ******S

Advert

This is great news especially if you are prepared to park your B&G/Starve em out opinions.

We were rudderless off the pitch - witnessed by the uncertainty and on/off departure of Owen - Micky will bring back the desire and passion we lost when he left and a sense of direction and purpose.

Yes he left but for well publicised and genuine reasons, I would much rather have him back knowing what he is capable of achieving than see us take a chance on yet another unproven/unknown/failed elsewhere manager.

Expectations will be naturally high and bring added pressure but the play offs should not be an unreasonable target and I fully expect Micky to be up for the challenge and with something to prove.

Moan if you want to about Bratty doing this in readiness for the EGM but for me the two should be viewed separately - this is great news in terms of the team and our potential for next season regardless of who the board is.

agree with evey word spoken.everybody loved him when he was here lest time. he left for his dream job 4 times his salary! anybody on here say they wouldnt do the same are just liars! im totally behind micky coming to finish the job off. EGM or not this is a great appointment for vale. people need to wake up and realise we are in division 4! not many teams have money in this dire league thats why we need get out of it and quick! personnaly think he the right man for the job!

agree with evey word spoken.everybody loved him when he was here lest time. he left for his dream job 4 times his salary! anybody on here say they wouldnt do the same are just liars! im totally behind micky coming to finish the job off. EGM or not this is a great appointment for vale. people need to wake up and realise we are in division 4! not many teams have money in this dire league thats why we need get out of it and quick! personnaly think he the right man for the job!

He may well be the right man for the job though I'm not totally convinced. I still believe that the board, who may not be here in 3 weeks, should not be making such an important decision. It would not happen in any other business. If we need to get out of this league quick as you say then surely we have a better chance under a board with some dosh and a plan to go with it.

I don't believe you, because you have no idea who we could attract, any more than I do.

It misses the point, anyway, as no one questions MA's ability, but plenty question his long-term commitment.

Exactly. I am not questioning Adams' managerial ability. He did a good job last time and I hope he can do it again. There are no guarantees it will work again and there may also be better candidates now than there were last time, who may have been interested. We will never know. But the board just couldn't wait to make this appointment, that is clear.

There are some things that concern me:

1) He left us before, will he do it again? Surely, stability is important here and if the stories are true that MA applied for two other jobs before leaving for SUFC, then to appoint him again without due consideration of this seems hasty to me.

2) The speed at which the contract appears to have been drawn up. Don't forget that according to Bill Bratt, contract terms weren't even mentioned when they talked on Tuesday. So again, this strikes me as being hastily arranged.

3) The salary. We now pay Adams twice as much as what he was earning at Vale 6 months ago. Is he that good? Surely his dismal record at SUFC should count against him, but this doesn't seem to be the case. Was Bill Bratt held to ransom because Adams knew he would be used as a pawn in the EGM game? If it goes wrong, can V2001 afford to sack him?

I also do not believe that Adams was Mo's choice, simply because it was stated that the manager they had in mind would not normally look at a L2 club. That rules Adams out immediately.

I don't believe you, because you have no idea who we could attract, any more than I do.

It misses the point, anyway, as no one questions MA's ability, but plenty question his long-term commitment.

And what do we know of his long term commitment? After all is another of the club s he supported as a boy going to come in? And if someone came in offering him shedloads taking that job has nothing to do with his commitment...commitment is what he does whilst at the Vale..not whether he leaves or not

1) He left us before, will he do it again? Surely, stability is important here and if the stories are true that MA applied for two other jobs before leaving for SUFC, then to appoint him again without due consideration of this seems hasty to me.

Yes he might..as might any manager offered a whopping salary increase and/or the chane to manage the team he supports. I prefer to ignore stories.

2) The speed at which the contract appears to have been drawn up. Don't forget that according to Bill Bratt, contract terms weren't even mentioned when they talked on Tuesday. So again, this strikes me as being hastily arranged.

True...might be some sort of 'standard' contract though with just salary changing

3) The salary. We now pay Adams twice as much as what he was earning at Vale 6 months ago. Is he that good? Surely his dismal record at SUFC should count against him, but this doesn't seem to be the case. Was Bill Bratt held to ransom because Adams knew he would be used as a pawn in the EGM game? If it goes wrong, can V2001 afford to sack him?

Perversely the fact that a Championship club came in for him probably raises his stock. SU were clealry in a mess or they would not have changed manager. Unfortunately it probably won't be V2001 who would sack him so why would they care?

I also do not believe that Adams was Mo's choice, simply because it was stated that the manager they had in mind would not normally look at a L2 club. That rules Adams out immediately.

Mo though can say all these things cos he doesn't have to actually do what he says. Very easy to say something to the effect that "We have a top notch manager lined up" when you probably won't have to deliver on that

Hey ho

Archived