onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pile of

Am i the only Vale fan not jumping for joy at the seemingly imminent return of Micky Adams?

I'll fully admit that he worked miracles to overcome a shambolic board, ill discipline throughout the club and an average bunch of players to take us to the top of the league. But tben he walked out for his dream job (i certainly dont blame him for that), royally effed that up and in the process effed up our season, and now he walks straight back into a job with a 3 year contract when he wouldnt get a look in at any other club. It makes us look like an even bigger bunch of muppets than we already are!

Not only that but expectation will be ridiculous and if he doesnt immediately ressurect the situation with the same bunch of players then it will raise question marks over both him and them. If Gary Roberts suddenly starts playing again he wants shooting. You should never go back and i feel that will be proved in this case.

Advert

3 yr Contract.......I am not jumping up and down either. Bratt trying to get credit 2 weeks before an EGM and remember like last time..........Adams was on the dole.

And what did Owen say........I have made my mind up....Only a weak man changes his mind. :rolleyes:

If you read the Baldes forums Rob, you will see that quite a few don't blame Micky for their failings this season.

The general consesus is that their squad was/is cack, and that their chairman is a headcase.

There are those of course, that blame Micky, but I feel that he was on a hiding to nothing.

Am i the only Vale fan not jumping for joy at the seemingly imminent return of Micky Adams?

I'll fully admit that he worked miracles to overcome a shambolic board, ill discipline throughout the club and an average bunch of players to take us to the top of the league. But tben he walked out for his dream job (i certainly dont blame him for that), royally effed that up and in the process effed up our season, and now he walks straight back into a job with a 3 year contract when he wouldnt get a look in at any other club. It makes us look like an even bigger bunch of muppets than we already are!

Not only that but expectation will be ridiculous and if he doesnt immediately ressurect the situation with the same bunch of players then it will raise question marks over both him and them. If Gary Roberts suddenly starts playing again he wants shooting. You should never go back and i feel that will be proved in this case.

Thank God someone else thinks like I do

No, you're not. This is a very hasty appointment and we all know why. If it goes wrong Vale is in big trouble because V2001 will certainly not have the finance to sack him.

I'm **quite** happy about Adams return, but the timing is very wrong and I also wonder what manager Mo had lined up.

I agree, not jumping for joy, but i supose it could have been worse and dragged on for 2 months. At least payers will now want to stay (ie. Owen) and we may be able to attract better players to the club. I was very worried having no manager for 2 months! Think it is the last throw of the dice for Bratt & Co, but we must not let this detract from the campaigne. I for one am still not renewing my ST until the board are gone. Lets back behind him & the team, at least at the awy games anyway!

And what did Owen say........I have made my mind up....Only a weak man changes his mind. :rolleyes:

Or a man of real courage.

Owen's a disciplined good league 1/2 centre half, who obviously wants achieve something, that is now possible where previously didn't look to be.

I would have personally liked to have seen who Mo wanted to bring in. Adams has proved himself to be as useful as he is unreliable.

A three year contract means nothing if the club haven't got the money to strengthen the squad. £13000 doesn't go very far.

(edit: Alan just beat me too it!!)

Archived