onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pile of

Advert

Loz makes a very good point. When the board get kicked out on June 1st, the chances of the 24.9% rule being overturned at the EGM are still slim. So you need time for the temporary board to bed in. Then Mo needs to do his due diligence while the new board need to arrange a new EGM in order to get rid of the 24.9% rule and allow Mo to complete his takeover. That probably won't happen until August.

So we need a manager to lead the team through the summer and into the start of the new season. What better than a manager who knows how to get the best out of these players and can instill a winning mentality back into them?

Otherwise what do we suggest, no manager until the season has started? That would be a disaster.

Are we certain the board is gone after the EGM? Just wondering...

Am i the only Vale fan not jumping for joy at the seemingly imminent return of Micky Adams?

no, you're not. last season, Vale flattered to deceive, and though we were winning games, it was poor, attritional football that showed the defficiencies in other teams and the lack of strength in depth in League 2 rather than any strengths in the Vale team (other than maybe in the defence).

Although we were top of the league, I don't ever remember walking away from Vale Park thinking "that was a great game" - - yes, we WERE playing to our strengths, but those strengths were in a solid defence that soon started to leak goals when the personnel had to change, and no matter what anyone says, you have to score goals to win promotion. Next season, if we're lucky, we'll see more of what we saw before last Christmas, because League 2 is going to be much stronger that last season.

Cant believe some people, MA got us to 2nd in the league , best six months of being a vale fan in the last 10 yrs, he left us for a championship team and a pay rise to 250k, which lge 2 manager would refuse that.and still moaning,honestly think some would welcome back Jim Gannon.

The board need a get-out clause and (some of) the fans are daft enough to fall for it. I now do not think there will be a change at the EGM.

I have my doubts also, but under no circumstances will they get my vote. I want them all out.

The key imo is the percentage of votes that want the directors removing, taking away the shares the directors own themselves. I would bet this would be greater than 80%. But because the directors can use their own shares to vote for themselves, then it looks more of an even contest.

I suspect there will also be a pact between the directors that says they must all vote in favour of each other. If this is the case then they stand together and play games with the shareholders to make them think they're acting in the best interests of the club in order to get votes.

I wonder if Bill Bratt would be true to his word and resign if he could see that shareholders other than the directors are voting overwhelmingly for his removal. I suspect not. I suspect he would again put some spin on the outcome to paint himself in a good light. This is the most frustrating element for me.

The common conception seems to be that if you support starve em out or black and gold then you are not allowed to be happy that Micky is back.

Well, im chuffed to bits that he is back. We played winning football under him and going to watch the Vale was a pleasure.

Im under no doubt that he will be a success under whoever is in charge.

Welcome home Micky. ===

sensible post

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

please explain what you are on about

From how i read it Deano, Mo and his team have been on about a manager they have lined up. 2 days ago LB states it would be irresponsible for them to appoint Micky.

We all know that Mo didnt have Micky in mind and will bring in his own team and manager. Its been stated many, many times.

LB then puts a statement saying how much they will look forward to working under Micky. So whats happened to their manager they wanted to bring in??

Im under no illusion that this statement is bull and that if Mo was to take over Micky Adams would be gone in a flash.

Loz makes a very good point. When the board get kicked out on June 1st, the chances of the 24.9% rule being overturned at the EGM are still slim. So you need time for the temporary board to bed in. Then Mo needs to do his due diligence while the new board need to arrange a new EGM in order to get rid of the 24.9% rule and allow Mo to complete his takeover. That probably won't happen until August.

So we need a manager to lead the team through the summer and into the start of the new season. What better than a manager who knows how to get the best out of these players and can instill a winning mentality back into them?

Otherwise what do we suggest, no manager until the season has started? That would be a disaster.

Strange how your hero completely failed to instil a winning mentality at Sheffield United. Or at most of the other clubs he's been at. We were hardly that great when he got us to 10th in his only full season here either. Still, if it gets you excited about using your precious season ticket. Don't worry, the rest of us will keep trying to starve the board out so you don't have to. :rolleyes:

Totaly unnderwhelmed. It is 100% a desperate move by the board to remain in power, and people should stop jizzing over the return of the Mesiah and look at the big picture.

PVFC's future looks bleak under the stewardship of V2001 and if they survive EGM and Mo walks away then, as good as Micky might be, you can all wave goodbye to ever being a Championship club again. In fact asperations of once again gaining league status may well be our not too distant future.

Hold the line!

The Board criticised Mo and Mark for buying shares together and said they would be in cahoots with each other (a Cartell) which should,nt be allowed as it breaches the 24.9% rule.....then what is the board then (28%) which also breaches the 24.9% rule and are acting together as a 'cartel' do you really want these people in charge of our club after 1st June????

We must stay strong and keep to the SEO campaign the issues with the manager is just a side show to the main event which is TO GET THESE CLOWNS OUT OF OUR CLUB!!!!!!!!!

VIRUS 2001 OUT NOW 1ST JUNE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived