onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf to meet fans

Guppy 4 England

I think that it's wonderful that Smurf can find the time to meet the fans.

I think that there's loads of things to ask him about matters off the field.

Put your tin hat on some will say you are being a **** stirrer,rumour maker,being disruptive,not a true supporter.

Advert

In answer to the original poster, he feels the need to have a meeting with fans in a large part due to the ****stirrers, rumour makers and keyboard warriors on OVF, many of which never attend games, some of which don't even live in our continent. Why the hell the club isn't united behind the best chairman we have had in my LIFETIME (I am 33) beggers belief. In no way is NS perfect but he's a hell of a lot better than went before.

Some of the wannabe rebels should find another cause. Either that, or another hobby beside OVF.

Agree.

Is there any way I can add you to my ignore list. I've just tried but it says not allowed.

...... :) ..... Yep tried it mesen with ROB :) ... Back on topic,could be a tasty meeting if his Twitter buddy turns up :)

Please, if you find a way, can you PM me with how you can do it, I have had the same problem.

Have a little sympathy guys... you only have to put up with me... I have to put up with all of you :razz:

In answer to the original poster, he feels the need to have a meeting with fans in a large part due to the ****stirrers, rumour makers and keyboard warriors on OVF, many of which never attend games, some of which don't even live in our continent.

Is that fact or your guesswork? Either way, it looks like pucilanimous bellendery

In answer to the original poster, he feels the need to have a meeting with fans in a large part due to the ****stirrers, rumour makers and keyboard warriors on OVF, many of which never attend games, some of which don't even live in our continent. Why the hell the club isn't united behind the best chairman we have had in my LIFETIME (I am 33) beggers belief. In no way is NS perfect but he's a hell of a lot better than went before.

Some of the wannabe rebels should find another cause. Either that, or another hobby beside OVF.

I didnt know you knew smurf so well...

It depends on how you define continent... Europe or Euraisia?... land mass or tectonic plates?

33, Ive probably been to more games before you were born than you have since you were born, does that make me a better fan? or allow me an opinion?

People on here are correct in saying that it is Smurfs club but after his silly tweet about not being prepared to put in the same amount of cash next year as he has this season then alarm bells will be ringing. Lets be honest here this season's budget isn't exactly frivolous is it any cut backs and we will really be struggling and don't forget many of our better players contracts are up at the end of the season including the Manager's. With all of this in mind I think that the paying customer deserves to know just what is going on behind these type of comments.

I think fans should be real about this and rumours often come from distorted facts. Lets all hope that these facts have no basis or there will be loads of let down fans feeling foolish for being sold down the river once again.

Maybe OS we should go down the Yeovil route next season and have a smaller squad leaving space for some premiership youngsters

That may be the case Cavalier.The likes of Hughes and Shuker probably getting moved on.I think those 2 especially still could add something but are a bit too expensive ( Hughesy especially) to remain doing virtually nothing.

Good post, I think that's the point some are missing. If he were having a scheduled normal catch up for fans then fair play but it's clear he's having to attend to put to bed the muck raking which is sad given when in essence he has put us in the best place we have been for a long, long time.

People on here are correct in saying that it is Smurfs club but after his silly tweet about not being prepared to put in the same amount of cash next year as he has this season then alarm bells will be ringing.

Don't see how it's a silly tweet in the slightest, a fan has asked him the question and he has been honest. Surely at this meeting fans will ask him questions and expect him to be honest?

The business needs to be sustainable so I wouldn't want to see him putting in the same amount next season. People are trying to run before we can walk. Let's remember just over 12 months ago we were in admin and saved from total oblivion by the city council.

I'm sure everyone wants progress but we want a sustainable club moving forwards as that's the most important thing.

As JA pointed towards on a post recently some costs will be initial start ups and one offs so they won't be there next season and maybe more reasonable budgets particularly the playing staff in comparison to more reasonable assumptions of home fans attending need to be set in place. It's akin to buying a Rolls Royce Phantom but only earning minimum wage.

Luxuries such as Hughes and Shuker who aren't serving a great deal of purpose at present are obvious candidates to be replaced as are the replacement of the god awful and less than reactive (let alone proactive) shop staff.

People on here are correct in saying that it is Smurfs club but after his silly tweet about not being prepared to put in the same amount of cash next year as he has this season then alarm bells will be ringing. Lets be honest here this season's budget isn't exactly frivolous is it any cut backs and we will really be struggling and don't forget many of our better players contracts are up at the end of the season including the Manager's. With all of this in mind I think that the paying customer deserves to know just what is going on behind these type of comments.

I think fans should be real about this and rumours often come from distorted facts. Lets all hope that these facts have no basis or there will be loads of let down fans feeling foolish for being sold down the river once again.

It's very simple.

Ask a question = **** stirrer.

Raise any doubts about NS = better than before

Repeat after me...

Good post' date=' I think that's the point some are missing. If he were having a scheduled normal catch up for fans then fair play but it's clear he's having to attend to put to bed the muck raking which is sad given when in essence he has put us in the best place we have been for a long, long time.[/quote']

NS said that he would be willing to attend such meetings a while ago.This would be his third time.This next one is in January so it can be seen as scheduled.As with any meeting of such sorts part of it is clear up any misunderstandings etc,quash any rumours,inform the basics of future plans.Its an open question invitation.NS should be given credit for being willing to to so.

Archived