onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf to meet fans

Guppy 4 England

Its not a rumour until someone interprets it from "its my opinion he wants to leave" to " he is leaving"... unless your saying its a rumour someone has an opinion.

It is a rumour though surely when someone has a 'source' who they can't name (who probably doesn't exist) who comes out with all this propoganda.

I'm withonestepatatime on this, they will hopefully be eating humble pie soon enough.

Advert

The questions could be anything.

Future plan's for the club.

Are things going to plan as he expected.

Sponsorship deal's

He is obviously willing to attend and willing to an question and answer session.Nothing at all wrong with that.Just because people wish to ask a question don't mean they are being negative.If someone with the skills and expertise of skinny attended then he can have his chance to offer his advice,skills,experience.

You're burying your head in the sand if you thing questions aren't going to be negative.

Why do we as supporters need to know about sponsorship deals and the other pointless questions you raise? It is his company now, not the supporters. I pay my money to go and watch the team play, something that I have througoughly enjoyed this season, so why would I want to ask NS about sponsorship?!

Get a grip, get behnd the chairman, and let him spend his time on taking the club forward, not appeasing those stuck in the Bratt era.

You're burying your head in the sand if you thing questions aren't going to be negative.

Why do we as supporters need to know about sponsorship deals and the other pointless questions you raise? It is his company now, not the supporters. I pay my money to go and watch the team play, something that I have througoughly enjoyed this season, so why would I want to ask NS about sponsorship?!

Get a grip, get behnd the chairman, and let him spend his time on taking the club forward, not appeasing those stuck in the Bratt era.

:doh:

I am fully behind him,i respect what he has done and is doing for the club.I know it's HIS company.He has indicated that the club is losing money,the gates are above what he wanted.Extra sponsors = more money for the club.Its people showing interest they don't need to know all the in's / out's of the deal's such detail's are between the two parties involved.He could also put to bed any of the nasty rumours that are going about.

As said earlier he is not being forced to do this,he is doing it on his own free will.As it is I don't have any question's myself.But i will attend to listen what question's other people have and listen to what NS has to say.

:doh:

I am fully behind him,i respect what he has done and is doing for the club.I know it's HIS company.He has indicated that the club is losing money,the gates are above what he wanted.Extra sponsors = more money for the club.Its people showing interest they don't need to know all the in's / out's of the deal's such detail's are between the two parties involved.He could also put to bed any of the nasty rumours that are going about.

As said earlier he is not being forced to do this,he is doing it on his own free will.As it is I don't have any question's myself.But i will attend to listen what question's other people have and listen to what NS has to say.

:doh::doh::doh::doh:

I always respect owners who are willing to meet their customers face to face, some things you may not like to hear, some things you can take with a pinch of salt. Football clubs are slightly different, league position and ambition are hotter subjects, but opinions aired can ease tensions. As long as we remember it has to be a viable business, with limited investment, Normans plans will always be interesting.

It is a rumour though surely when someone has a 'source' who they can't name (who probably doesn't exist) who comes out with all this propoganda.

I'm withonestepatatime on this, they will hopefully be eating humble pie soon enough.

Thats a bit different than someone saying "I think he is trying to find a way out" isnt it?... I havent read some one has a source

It is none of anyones business now the club no longer supporter owned . Live with it. Either go or dont go.

Everyone is allowed opinions but thats where it stops.

If truth be told my only concerns now are one or two crap team selections.

Yes we all know that that none of us are shareholders.But if NS is willing to attend such a meeting and answer any question's then so be it.I see it as a good thing.He has the chance to inform people how his plan's for the club are going,what his future plan's are.He has the chance to clear up some of the nasty rumours going about.He can simply just say no comment to any question that he is not happy to answer.

I dont see a problem with smurf meeting the fans, if thats what he decides to do. Not on a monthly bases but once every 3-4 or even 6 months could allow fans to feel connected

It really is that simple.If he wants to do and has the time to do so then so be it.

IF people don't agree with it then don't attend.

Would these same people not be interested to hear what was said at the meeting?

If there was a thread on here about the meeting would they not read it?

Yes we all know that that none of us are shareholders.But if NS is willing to attend such a meeting and answer any question's then so be it.I see it as a good thing.He has the chance to inform people how his plan's for the club are going,what his future plan's are.He has the chance to clear up some of the nasty rumours going about.He can simply just say no comment to any question that he is not happy to answer.

That is fine by me.

I know how you feel. Where is Rory with his hammers when you need him ;)

… and your problem is????????

Are you not interested to hear what is going on,what plan's NS has?

If you are not interested then don't attend the meeting.Simple as.

Depends what spin you put on it though doesn't it!

You could equally say - Smurf doesn't have to meet the fans and has clearly agreed to do so. Perhaps he doesn't see it as "pestering" but as a way of effectively meeting his (for want of a better word) "customers" and an opportunity to answer questions and perhaps clear up any doubts. I very much doubt he'd be agreeing to do it if he thinks it would be a bad thing to do.

Yes he owns the club but as Steve Bradbury said during the V2001 protests - "without fans, a football club is nothing"... and the odd meeting every couple of months is hardly that onerous is it?

Rob, well summed-up and as you say, on the surface, not a particularly onerous task. However, Norman does have a number of 'outlets' to use for communication to fans...match day programme, official PV website & of course the OVF site, so are meetings every few weeks with a limited number of fans the best way to articulate any particular message he may wish to put across? Surely he has his hands full running the club without the potential distraction of regular meetings? But as you say, it's down to Norman at the end of the day to decide.

Archived