onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf to meet fans

Guppy 4 England

Don't see how it's a silly tweet in the slightest, a fan has asked him the question and he has been honest. Surely at this meeting fans will ask him questions and expect him to be honest?

The business needs to be sustainable so I wouldn't want to see him putting in the same amount next season. People are trying to run before we can walk. Let's remember just over 12 months ago we were in admin and saved from total oblivion by the city council.

I'm sure everyone wants progress but we want a sustainable club moving forwards as that's the most important thing.

As JA pointed towards on a post recently some costs will be initial start ups and one offs so they won't be there next season and maybe more reasonable budgets particularly the playing staff in comparison to more reasonable assumptions of home fans attending need to be set in place. It's akin to buying a Rolls Royce Phantom but only earning minimum wage.

Luxuries such as Hughes and Shuker who aren't serving a great deal of purpose at present are obvious candidates to be replaced as are the replacement of the god awful and less than reactive (let alone proactive) shop staff.

So do you agree with NS tweeting then?

Advert

Personally I think that if NS stopped tweeting about the club and the money he puts in and other issues with regards to running the business then all of this would be avoided. After all what we don't know won't hurt us (this time anyways as I think we all trust NS). He should keep his tweets about the club to marketing or saying how good a result was or such things like that like it used to be when he started.

ANY tweet or comment regarding the running of the club, cash flow, sponsorship should not be made in my opinion, use it as a kind of customer service thing, there is no need for anything else at all.

Then without the tweets possibly have 2 "meet the fans" meetings a year and I am sure that would work better.

He does not have to, in my opinion, respond to every tom **** or harry that asks a question, or knows someone who is in the know, he just needs to run the club how he sees fit and leave the fans to support what goes on on the field.

If there are fans on here that believe that they are NS's answer to Nick and Karen from the Apprentice let them get in touch with him privately. None of us here need to know who runs billion pound businesses or who is a veritable business genius, just get on with supporting the players on the field, they ****** deserve it at the moment.

As for being a proper fan, because work has taken some people to the far reaches of this world does not mean that they are not proper fans and don't have the right to have an opinion.

One day this site may be more about football than business!!

Personally I think that if NS stopped tweeting about the club and the money he puts in and other issues with regards to running the business then all of this would be avoided. After all what we don't know won't hurt us (this time anyways as I think we all trust NS). He should keep his tweets about the club to marketing or saying how good a result was or such things like that like it used to be when he started.

ANY tweet or comment regarding the running of the club, cash flow, sponsorship should not be made in my opinion, use it as a kind of customer service thing, there is no need for anything else at all.

Then without the tweets possibly have 2 "meet the fans" meetings a year and I am sure that would work better.

He does not have to, in my opinion, respond to every tom **** or harry that asks a question, or knows someone who is in the know, he just needs to run the club how he sees fit and leave the fans to support what goes on on the field.

If there are fans on here that believe that they are NS's answer to Nick and Karen from the Apprentice let them get in touch with him privately. None of us here need to know who runs billion pound businesses or who is a veritable business genius, just get on with supporting the players on the field, they ****** deserve it at the moment.

As for being a proper fan, because work has taken some people to the far reaches of this world does not mean that they are not proper fans and don't have the right to have an opinion.

One day this site may be more about football than business!!

:yes:

Spot on.

I find it strange that people who say shouldnt spend his money how he wants are criticised but its OK to say smurf shouldnt have a meeting with the fans if he wants to.... like people are fond of saying... its his club he can do what he wants.. or is it only OK if G4E and REP say its OK?

Its worrying you are an administrator of this site when your posts are so childish.

That may be the case Cavalier.The likes of Hughes and Shuker probably getting moved on.I think those 2 especially still could add something but are a bit too expensive ( Hughesy especially) to remain doing virtually nothing.
There is a lot of the season to go yet so who knows. I would expect our young strikers to benefit from Hughes` experience in training if not in league matches. There is a better chance in the Championship to loan Prem youngsters if you are willing to give them plenty of games. Maybe Yeovil on their gates had little option as the extra £2M TV money only goes so far.

I didnt know you knew smurf so well...

It depends on how you define continent... Europe or Euraisia?... land mass or tectonic plates?

33, Ive probably been to more games before you were born than you have since you were born, does that make me a better fan? or allow me an opinion?

Perhaps someone could post the criteria for being:

a) a proper vale fan (my first game was 1973 but I doubt that i will meet the criteria)

b) a person who is permitted to have a view on club issues

c) a person who is permitted to post said views on OVF

d) a person who is permitted to disagree with someone who is a 'more proper' Vale fan?

e) when criticism becomes not getting behind the chairman

Or we could stop slagging each other off just cos we have differing opinions?

NS is doing a fantastic job, 99% IMO are behind him, he's not above criticism and most criticism is trying to be helpful

a) a proper vale fan (my first game was 1973 but I doubt that i will meet the criteria)

d) a person who is permitted to disagree with someone who is a 'more proper' Vale fan?

NS is doing a fantastic job, 99% IMO are behind him, he's not above criticism and most criticism is trying to be helpful

:clap::clap::clap:

If he were having a scheduled normal catch up for fans then fair play but it's clear he's having to attend to put to bed the muck raking which is sad given when in essence he has put us in the best place we have been for a long' date=' long time.[/quote']

Isnt it a scheduled meeting?

Why is it clear he has to attend?

Who arranged the meeting? at whose behest?

Wasnt he going to be at the last or last but one SC meeting but couldnt?

If smurf wants to meet the fans whats wrong with that?

He knows they ask questions, some perhaps he wont want to answer, if he does he does, if he doesnt so what?

Perhaps he wants to keep the fans informed and is doing it through the SC as he said he would... I dont know... do you have a source?... come on... name and shame... I dont know any of the answers to the above but you seem to be in the know

He knows they ask questions, some perhaps he wont want to answer, if he does he does, if he doesnt so what?

Perhaps he wants to keep the fans informed and is doing it through the SC as he said he would... I dont know... do you have a source?... come on... name and shame... I dont know any of the answers to the above but you seem to be in the know

Simple as that,well said.

Amen to that brother.

I have two people who I class as friends that work inside the club. At no point have I asked them for gossip or rumour, I think if I did they wouldn't wish to be friends any longer. It's just not professional or sensible to put them in such a position.

So no, I have no sources :)

I have two people who I class as friends that work inside the club. At no point have I asked them for gossip or rumour, I think if I did they wouldn't wish to be friends any longer. It's just not professional or sensible to put them in such a position.

So no, I have no sources :)

The answer to the other questions?

Archived