onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bratt, Jackson and Mudie at Tranmere and associated posts

Jimmy

Quality quote on the sentinel page;

disgusteddog30/9/13 11:41 AM

"Leave Bill alone all he did was to try and help and I blame you lot the so called fans or not supporting your team correctly. What are you all going to do when Mr Smurthwaite sells the ground for Re Development which is actually his long term plan? Enjoy it while it last and leave the likes of former directors ell alone they were ood people tying to help."

What a weapon, Bill Bratt was and is still a deluded fool as for the smiley picture in the sentinel what a **** take, Bill Bratt took thousands from Port Vale and returned little in terms of benefits for Port Vale. The bloke I feel sorry for if any is Peter Jackson a genuine vale fan who lost thousands, Bill Bratt a plastic vale fan who made thousands!!!

Advert

For the good of the club I think it is too soon for them to make a re-appearance.

The wounds and open sores that they inflicted on our club have started to heal with our promotion and new owner, but i genuinely believe that enough water has not yet passed under the bridge for their re-appearance to do anything but harm as it is already dividing what is currently a united fan-base.

As someone who was at the very centre of the V2001 saga I do not want to look back onto a time that was personally extremely stressful - The farthest I want to look back is the promotion day at Wycombe.

On a lighter note I happen to think the photograph is ideal for a caption contest.

And to add, Miller and Deakin were opportunist, Jackson; self centered and just in it for himself, but Bratt, he portrayed himself as a "life long Vale fan", the saviour of the club and was in fact the worst of the bunch. He ran the club into the ground, took a hefty salary and then recovered his investment. Bratt made money out of Vale's demise and shows no remorse. Would any TRUE Vale fan do that?

two sensible posts in a row, got a script writer ??????????

The collective memory of football fans is long and unforgiving, talk of good or bad times, good games and bad games, good players and rubbish signings is burned into the clubs history, its part of what makes the club. Have we forgotten the semi final 1954? Have we forgotten the refs decision? On the same scale will the near collapse of vale ever be forgotten? Or the people involved? What they did, how they did it and who helped them?

I doubt there will ever be a time when people will forgive or forget what happened and who was responsible or the people involved.

Bratts lies, jacksons golden share, olivers anal retentive dealings with the fans are indelibly ingrained into our fabric.

My opinion for what its worth... they will never be forgiven, they will never be forgotten, they will never be welcome and I doubt very much they will ever be coming back without a disguise.

I suppose that it is a free country and the three fools can go to anywhere they wish but why did the Sentinel take a picture of them? Not a very good move in my opinion. Just the sort of thing to massage Bratt's ego.

They are just part of our history now and I'm glad about that because I can now just go and watch my team with fellow Valiants without feeling sick to the pit of my stomach every time I glanced up to the Directors box.

Fans can be banned at the discretion of our club secretary for anything from being arrested to bringing the club into disrepute , I don't see why all of V2001 were not banned as soon as they took us in to admin, after conning yes, that is obtaining money by deception thousands of fans, then lieing repeatedly to maintain their grip. Rest assured if I see them anywhere in our ground again I will prob be on the recieving end of a ban myself.

Many have already put into words my feelings regarding bratt and co

I would gladly take up the fight again even in my current state if they ever reappeared at the club

Time will never heal the damage they did to the club and the people who entrusted them

Totally agree. Although I know that Jackson has been to some home games.

WHo knows where we would be if Peter Jackson hadn't stepped in when Machin bottled it when asked to sign the guarantees when V2001 bought the club.

Here we go again, after continuously defending the indefensible whilst they were running the club, you have spent the last few months criticising the new owner despite a better league, better players, being better run and investment in the clubs aging infrastructure. Yet now, at the first glimpse of your mastes that ran us nearly into oblivion, you jump to their defence. What a complete joke. Did you get to be a guest of mar mate or something?

Totally agree. Although I know that Jackson has been to some home games.

Whilst I believe jackson is to blame for a number of things (I was the one who told him his golden share wasnt valid), he should not be tarred with quite the same brush as some of the others and was for a time wrongly at the sharp end of the abuse, he deserved it but not all of it. He was the only one who showed any sort of business nous and executed financial control - look what happened after he was voted off - thats when it really went downhill. For all their faults , and there were a few, Jackson and Meigh should not have gone before Bratt, Oliver and LLoyd. But hindsight is a fine thing and they would probably have struggled on for a bit longer!

Whilst I believe jackson is to blame for a number of things (I was the one who told him his golden share wasnt valid), he should not be tarred with quite the same brush as some of the others and was for a time wrongly at the sharp end of the abuse, he deserved it but not all of it. He was the only one who showed any sort of business nous and executed financial control - look what happened after he was voted off - thats when it really went downhill. For all their faults , and there were a few, Jackson and Meigh should not have gone before Bratt, Oliver and LLoyd. But hindsight is a fine thing and they would probably have struggled on for a bit longer!

I disagree.

His arrogance was only matched by Oliver and their combined intellectual deceit was, I believe, the key to the whole farce.

It's a free country and they are Vale fans (even if many wish they weren't). Luckily they seem to have the sense not to sit with the regular fans.

I've well and truly moved on.

I see your point but my issue is this - Having nearly destroyed a club with over 130 years worth of history. A club where normal people have shown hard work & commitment to keep our name alive without the huge financial rewards seen at other clubs, people like Tom Holford, Roy Sproson & John Rudge to name but a few who gave loyal service for many years during their lives. You also have our supporters who have spent thousands of pounds and given years of dedication and sometimes many hours of their time to help "their club." Then V2001 came along, they looked after themselves, they didn't have the money to run the club but they refused to step down........and why? Because they thought they were better than the other shareholders, they thought they were better than your average supporter. They thought they were bigger than Port Vale FC.

Luckily NS saved our club, turned us around and put dignity back into the club and pride back into the name of Port Vale. And now the "Bratt pack" have the nerve to turn up at an away game (Bratt allegedly wearing club tie & blazer, although I don't see it from the photo) and they sit in the Directors Box all smiles & waving, full of their arrogant smugness. They still think they're better than us, they still think they're above us, they still look down on us. Worst of all, they still think they're important.

NS should ban these "fans" from attending any games involving Port Vale. The football clubs we visit should be made aware of who they are & the embarrassment it can cause if they are allowed to sit in the same area as our Chairman/officials who are actually the ones representing Port Vale.

Our club has moved on, unfortunately the "Bratt pack" haven't!

I see your point but my issue is this - Having nearly destroyed a club with over 130 years worth of history. A club where normal people have shown hard work & commitment to keep our name alive without the huge financial rewards seen at other clubs, people like Tom Holford, Roy Sproson & John Rudge to name but a few who gave loyal service for many years during their lives. You also have our supporters who have spent thousands of pounds and given years of dedication and sometimes many hours of their time to help "their club." Then V2001 came along, they looked after themselves, they didn't have the money to run the club but they refused to step down........and why? Because they thought they were better than the other shareholders, they thought they were better than your average supporter. They thought they were bigger than Port Vale FC.

Luckily NS saved our club, turned us around and put dignity back into the club and pride back into the name of Port Vale. And now the "Bratt pack" have the nerve to turn up at an away game (Bratt allegedly wearing club tie & blazer, although I don't see it from the photo) and they sit in the Directors Box all smiles & waving, full of their arrogant smugness. They still think they're better than us, they still think they're above us, they still look down on us. Worst of all, they still think they're important.

NS should ban these "fans" from attending any games involving Port Vale. The football clubs we visit should be made aware of who they are & the embarrassment it can cause if they are allowed to sit in the same area as our Chairman/officials who are actually the ones representing Port Vale.

Our club has moved on, unfortunately the "Bratt pack" haven't!

:clap::clap::clap:

Archived