onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bratt, Jackson and Mudie at Tranmere and associated posts

Jimmy

Investors turned away or ignored, fans and shareholders lied to and misled, fans treated with contempt, Bratt ensuring he got his share money back whilst the rest of the shareholders lost their's, I could go on and on with these proven FACTS. Bit more than conspiracy theories and you know it. Rotten to the core

Well Said, lest we not forget.

Advert

For the good of the club I think it is too soon for them to make a re-appearance.

The wounds and open sores that they inflicted on our club have started to heal with our promotion and new owner, but i genuinely believe that enough water has not yet passed under the bridge for their re-appearance to do anything but harm as it is already dividing what is currently a united fan-base.

As someone who was at the very centre of the V2001 saga I do not want to look back onto a time that was personally extremely stressful - The farthest I want to look back is the promotion day at Wycombe.

On a lighter note I happen to think the photograph is ideal for a caption contest.

Some wont agree but for me if they never went again would be too soon for me.

Fans can be banned at the discretion of our club secretary for anything from being arrested to bringing the club into disrepute , I don't see why all of V2001 were not banned as soon as they took us in to admin, after conning yes, that is obtaining money by deception thousands of fans, then lieing repeatedly to maintain their grip. Rest assured if I see them anywhere in our ground again I will prob be on the recieving end of a ban myself.

They will never be banned by the current club secretary who imo is still getting whispers off them and might still be doing their damage who knows.

They will never be banned by the current club secretary who imo is still getting whispers off them and might still be doing their damage who knows.

Think he is due to retire soon anyway(thank god)He's another sly,sneaky,snake from the same MOuLD as the rest of V2001.

Here we go again, after continuously defending the indefensible whilst they were running the club, you have spent the last few months criticising the new owner despite a better league, better players, being better run and investment in the clubs aging infrastructure. Yet now, at the first glimpse of your mastes that ran us nearly into oblivion, you jump to their defence. What a complete joke. Did you get to be a guest of mar mate or something?

I did actually, certainly beats being in with the rabble.

I thought that the relative stability before Jackson and Meigh were voted off the board was preferable to the uncertainty of administration and the risk of the club going out of business.

The club was closer to going out of business under your regime than it ever was under administration.

I did actually, certainly beats being in with the rabble.

Thought so, your posts lack even basic logic and so your reasoning must be more personal. Lost your perks and now your bitter. Prefer sitting with mar mate languishing in the bottom of league 2 than being successful and losing it.

I thought that the relative stability before Jackson and Meigh were voted off the board was preferable to the uncertainty of administration and the risk of the club going out of business.
The truth is that at no time under V2001 stewardship were we ever stable and it was due to their pathetic decisions that we dropped from being a decent L1 team to a struggling L2 team that was in real danger of ending up in the Conference League. After some of your comments I do wonder how come some hungry lion hasn't eaten you by now?

Not true, if you believe the rumours post-Ryder disappearing...

It still amazes me the number of Vale fans who don't grasp what "being in administration" actually entails.

I do, "being in administration" allows an insolvent company to carry on trading as a going concern (being run by the administrator), whilst at the same time protecting it from any creditors who want to have them wound up.

Blackdog is right. I've got no reason to disbelieve it but the club was genuinely on the brink and it took a huge amount of hard work behind the scenes to get the club into administration in the first place.

When it got to the stage where administration was actually the only sensible option left (ie it needed to be done in order to protect the club from being liquidated), V2001 couldn't even manage to do that by themselves. The board was inquorate and it was left to the major creditor - Stoke on Trent City Council.

SOT CC had to make a decision on whether to spend taxpayers' money on a football club, at a time of severe public spending cuts. Unsurprisingly there wasn't an overwhelming appetite amongst local councillors to do so, and (I'm told) for a long time it was very touch and go. We should be grateful that they made the decision they did.

Even after that, they wanted to appoint an administrator on a capped fees basis and there was no guarantee that they would be able find one who was willing to work on such terms. Again it was fortunate that Begbies Traynor agreed to do this for far less than what they would command normally.

Valiant 2001's legacy was the mess they left behind. The ones who tidied it up were professionals whose expertise doesn't come cheap. We were fortunate enough that they were willing to do PVFC a genuine favour at their own expense. Had they not done so we might now be starting again from the bottom, like AFC Wimbledon or Chester.

Archived