onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bratt, Jackson and Mudie at Tranmere and associated posts

Jimmy

Advert

Really don't know why people are getting so wound up about it. They don't and never will own the club again, and in their eyes they are 'fans'. Get over it .

I've no problem with the former directors who were Vale fans wanting to watch them, it's their choice and if they get invited by other clubs or people they have contacts with so be it. I would feel rather differently about Miller and Deakin though, as I would not believe they were watching to support Port Vale.

At home games, if people like Jackson, Oliver, Bratt, Mudie and older ex-directors want to PAY to get in and support Vale, then people should just turn the other way if they don't agree and again, I would only have a problem with Deakin and Miller coming as I would not trust their motives.

That isn't to say I endorse the performance of these ex-directors, but I don't for a moment believe they are plotting a re-takeover so let them support their club if they want to pay to do so (no freebies at Vale Park though).

if tranmere had invited any of the 3 as guests it would have been a major faux pas imo after what they did to our club.

as it happens , they WERE NOT invited officially by trfc but were invited by a trfc supporter who had seats available in the dixie dean suite . trfc were not aware of the peoples names or who they were . trfc are now fully aware of who these people are and what they did to our club . it has been recognized that this could have caused a potential security issue.

I could understand Bratt and co contacting them but not Tranmere 'inviting' them of their own accord.

Bratt was chairman for 8 (long) years - it is inconceivable that he didn't make contacts at other clubs in that time, and probably knows directors and chairmen or other people in positions to 'invite' at many clubs we have played. Maybe they were returning a previous hospitality visit - it is their ground and I find it rather stupid for people to email them.

Rather different if it happened at Vale Park, by all means questions should be asked then.

But business works that way and people do others favours - of course it was no coincidence they were there for the Vale game, I cant imagine theyd go and watch Tranmere v Stevenage or something like that.

Much more important is that Vale won, we have a good start to the season and let's all wish Micky a speedy and full recovery and concentrate on going forward with our current owner and a promising squad that might just get into playoff land before long.

It's a free country and they are Vale fans (even if many wish they weren't). Luckily they seem to have the sense not to sit with the regular fans.

I've well and truly moved on.

Mudie is not a Vale fan, in fact he is rumoured to have a large collection of Stoke memorabilia. Bratt claims to be a fan but like others have said no one can ever remember him or Oliver being seen at Vale games before V2001. Jackson is the only one of the 3 who I believe is a fan. It galls be that a man who bled the club dry, had no consideration for shareholders and is a proven patholigical liar, should have his face in the press with attributed comments. The man is scum and I hope I never see him at Vale Park again

Archived