onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Well Done Racists

Mellor!

I hope that this type of publicity will help fans understand that sitting or standing back whilst this type of chanting is happening, then moaning on websites and to the authorities afterwards is not good enough. I wish now that I'd said something at the time when the idiot a few rows infront to the left of me started singing "town full of pakis" in the paddock.

I regret doing and saying nothing at the time as self policing is the best way to prevent the club and innocent supporters being damaged. I hope this episode will encourage more people to stand up for the club and themselves to stamp this sort of behaviour out before it escalates into something bigger than it should.

I fundamentally have a problem with laws that seem to attack freedom of speech, and personally have complicated opinions (that I'm not going to go into here) on how "abuse" of all kinds regardless of its motivation and source should be dealt with from a criminal standpoint. All I'll say now is that splitting types of abuse into sub-sections based on the source of its nature seems to re-enforce that there is something different and inferior about certain elements of society that have to be wrapped up in cotton wool against absolutely anything derogatory. This seems somewhat hypocritical, ironic and can be damaging in its own right. The fact is that as the law and attitudes of the FA/FL stand chanting of that nature is simply not acceptable (despite what I would consider far worse types of abuse being acceptable) and is damaging to the club so we as fans have to do everything we can to prevent it happening at source.

I say self policing as the real police did absolutely nothing at the time, despite hearing the chants and having the instant CCTv capabilities to make examples of at least some of the prats there and then. Why didn't they? Because as you will see all this season the police will show absolutely no interest in crime/incident prevention in the run up to a world cup year with banning order targets to meet. They will happily allow prosecutable crime in easily avoidable situations escalate and occur for the sake of banning order stats so long as they have the means to charge retrospectively. Is that the sort of policing we want at football?

Advert

What's this nonsense about shutting stands? You find the culprits and chuck them out - they won't be hard to find.

It's an absolute ridiculous suggestion to punish the club and those that are innocent.

I take offence to Bradford fans and every other supporter shouting 'murderer' at Lee Hughes in a family environment and I don't think Lee Hughes and the club should just accept it and condone it as it appears we have to. The FA seem happy to let that go. This and racism are both wrong and both abuse and should be dealt with by the police.

...and not that this is point but if that's the first time Bradford have had that chant thrown at them then I'll eat my hat. The FA like to make an example of Vale and leave their heads in the sand regarding everyone else.

chris Birchall for example, his Nick name in Trinidad is White Yorke. Im not racist but im not a hypocrite either and love a funny racist joke now and again.

Chris Birchall's nickname was 'Me Mum' wasn't it?

I'm not a racist BUT..... :doh:

You love racist jokes really, are you not disgusted with yourself for that? How do you live with that, its despicable?

self policing is the best way to prevent the club and innocent supporters being damaged. I hope this episode will encourage more people to stand up for the club and themselves to stamp this sort of behaviour out before it escalates into something bigger than it should.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

How will closing the Paddock stop people being racist

I don't think it wil stop people from being racist but it may make them change their racust behaviour in the stadium..which is a step forward.

It may also send a message out to similar 'supporters' at other clubs that your behaviour will not go unounished..your club may be next

self policing is the best way to prevent the club and innocent supporters being damaged. I hope this episode will encourage more people to stand up for the club and themselves to stamp this sort of behaviour out before it escalates into something bigger than it should

Spot on

Chris Birchall's nickname was 'Me Mum' wasn't it?

I'm not a racist BUT..... :doh:

You love racist jokes really, are you not disgusted with yourself for that? How do you live with that, its despicable?

Is it a racist joke or a joke about race. Are 'An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar..." type jokes acceptable when clearly they are not meant to be insulting? I'm on my high horse about motive again.

Exodus not allowed to speak in the strange world of the Guppy state then ? He might have been a poor player in his tiome at Vale, but there were a few fans who definitely abused him racially at Accrington and other times. Your posts show us a lot about you.

And yours you, clearly a stuck up moron. He was booed and abused (not racially) for being ****, i wasnt at accrington but also heard that it was one person who said something to him and he reacted, so to say he was forced out, was him trying to draw attention away from the fact he was ****.

How will closing the Paddock stop people being racist

Perhaps by showing there is a consequence to their actions? At the moment, I would expect that many people knowing engage in racist behaviour because they know there is little comeback and they are unlikely to be banned/charged and so on.

But if the club take firm action in banning them, proper fans take action by reporting it and the FA take strong and consistent action on racist behaviour then it will show the racists that there are consequences. Ultimately, it will perhaps encourage those who stood back and did nothing to react and report it and ultimately go some way to stamping it out.

As a Vale fan, I wouldn't like a harsh punishment but if a harsh punishment is what it takes to stamp it out then I would accept and understand it. All I would add is that if it happens to us then it should happen at every other ground where the same (or similar) chants take place.

There are two points I'd like to make to anyone that would care to read them. The first is this tripe was published in the Mirror, so don't read into it too much regarding closing down stands. The second is that when the chanting started it was very clear to me where it was coming from. Why do the Police and stewards do nothing? Everybody can see how noble the idea of self policing is but at the end of the day 99% of people aren't brave enough to do it (including myself). The Police regularly have cameras at Vale they could haul out the culprits and have recorded evidence of why they did so. Is this not an option? I feel that if one or two morons were dragged out kicking and screaming it's fairly likely the rest would start to realises it's unacceptable?

And yours you, clearly a stuck up moron. He was booed and abused (not racially) for being ****, i wasnt at accrington but also heard that it was one person who said something to him and he reacted, so to say he was forced out, was him trying to draw attention away from the fact he was ****.

Why abuse Exodus for being **** , its not his fault? Would you boo Kylie Minogue if we played her at centre back, she'd be crap in the air.The fault lies with the one who picked him. How many on here are crap at their job, if they've got one , I bet they wouldnt say dont employ me.

Archived